Racing December Daily Punt: Getting a new Kah for Christmas

Remove this Banner Ad

FallingLiefs

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Def too many Gp1s in Aus and ideally some would be removed and others rescheduled. That said I think the WA ones get a mulligan this yr only

Do you really think the addition of say high quality B graders (choosing random ones here) Riodini and Swats That does anything for the validity of the race? It's not as if G1 winners Trekking and best of Days the likes have come here and rolled in with ease. The winners of 2 of 3 big ones are probably better than most other years so it's not just a covid problem either.

I would happily see the G1 status taken away under a broad restructure but it has very little to do with lack of interstate horses

Previous winners from east Voodoo Lad, Viddora, Good Project, Takedown were not G1 horses before during or after their G1 wins in WA so even when the eastern horses win it does nothing for the race quality. Only exceptions for last 5 years are probably Stratum Star (just) + Hey Doc

Last edited:

iluvparis

Import Whisperer
Apr 1, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Calgary Flames, Man Utd
Def too many Gp1s in Aus and ideally some would be removed and others rescheduled. That said I think the WA ones get a mulligan this yr only

but a fake distance 1800m wfa g1 at the end of the spring carnival is utterly pointless

FallingLiefs

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
One last winner please William , needing it with how many drifting faves have won today.

iluvparis

Import Whisperer
Apr 1, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Calgary Flames, Man Utd
Geez I know its an utter nonny but WANDAABA copped an 'interesting' Queensland ride yesterday in a race where the Gollan winner was absolutely truckloaded and got up easily.

Great time to be a punter when the Queensland and WA jurisdictions are holding sway together :drunk:

Mazza1234678

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
One last winner please William , needing it with how many drifting faves have won today.
Even his most loyal followers would be on the floor with some of the nags he has got rolled this weekend

Would of been 5000-1 that he doesn’t salute one over the “ biggest weekend of racing in perf”

54Dogs

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 18, 2008
Nowra
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Do you really think the addition of say high quality B graders (choosing random ones here) Riodini and Swats That does anything for the validity of the race? It's not as if G1 winners Trekking and best of Days the likes have come here and rolled in with ease. The winners of 2 of 3 big ones are probably better than most other years so it's not just a covid problem either.

I would happily see the G1 status taken away under a broad restructure but it has very little to do with lack of interstate horses

Previous winners from east Voodoo Lad, Viddora, Good Project, Takedown were not G1 horses before during or after their G1 wins in WA so even when the eastern horses win it does nothing for the race quality. Only exceptions for last 5 years are probably Stratum Star (just) + Hey Doc
Fair. Though horses like Beau Rossa and co who were coming until his royal highness shut the door would have at least added some depth

Ah12

All Australian
Jan 24, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
E7565755-F19F-4576-9D38-6284794F76B1.png

iluvparis

Import Whisperer
Apr 1, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Calgary Flames, Man Utd
#Queensland

1.75 pigroots at the start and pulled out of the race - second fave allowed to lead by 4-5 lengths unchallenged and goes on to win by 10

Hamingja

Brownlow Medallist
May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Race is on

It is believed the Victoria-based jockey in question has never worn Peters' famous cerise and white crossed sashes under race conditions.

You'd think decent set up to send Ollie into semi retirement but that comment makes it interesting. Would they want a light weight jockey for over there?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FallingLiefs

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
You'd think decent set up to send Ollie into semi retirement but that comment makes it interesting. Would they want a light weight jockey for over there?

Maybe, would be a waste in the west for a genuine light weight say 50kg. Our prestigious handicap has a minimum of 53kg and Bobs fillies carry 49.5kg once a year in the KT. Hardly worth it for 2 races a year, other than that the minimum is 54kg which they would need to be able to ride consistently given Bob does race them out of their class or on minimum often.

FallingLiefs

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Oliver homecoming would be unreal and great timing for him as he started to taper, Lane is too good these days and already ridden in with Cerise and White whom were my two first guesses.

Jye Mcneil the best I have seen proposed as a likely fit.

Hamingja

Brownlow Medallist
May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
It's hard to think who it would appeal to in VIC. I was thinking maybe a Melham or Zahra would look at a fresh start for personal reasons and that is what triggered the weight question. Lane, Allen, McNeil, Prebble, Olly and Williams all won more stakes than Pike so far this season so any decent jock would back themselves in riding in Melbourne, they'd need some other reason to want to go west outside of purely financial based.

FallingLiefs

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It's hard to think who it would appeal to in VIC. I was thinking maybe a Melham or Zahra would look at a fresh start for personal reasons and that is what triggered the weight question. Lane, Allen, McNeil, Prebble, Olly and Williams all won more stakes than Pike so far this season so any decent jock would back themselves in riding in Melbourne, they'd need some other reason to want to go west outside of purely financial based.

Fair points. Job security probably best in the west is the only counter to that. Hard to make a case why any would leave outside Oliver.

I would have just given it to C Parnham on a much easier and simpler deal.

iluvparis

Import Whisperer
Apr 1, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Calgary Flames, Man Utd

Surely it will be Billy Egan given how Peter’s wants his horses ridden

FallingLiefs

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Mick Dee.

Puzzledfacegif

Hamingja

Brownlow Medallist
May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
I think the NZ jockeys are underrated by the market as a whole and don't mind backing Dee but would he be an improvement over Parnham or CJP, if it was it would be marginal

iluvparis

Import Whisperer
Apr 1, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Calgary Flames, Man Utd
I couldn't imagine any star level jockey wanting to head to WA to ride anyway. It's basically one step above heading down to Tassie to ride for the bloke with all the Gee Gee horses. Steady job sure but most are above that now

They need a new pop up race for all the floggo dominant owners

Vic - Lllooooooooooooyd
Tassie - Gee Gee
Queensland - Craiglea
WA - Peters

Not sure who would represent SA or NSW - maybe just throw Oz Bloodstock in because they are complete fk heads

IKnowtheDog

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 25, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
Peters has said there’s no truth to the rumour re the Vic jockey story

HeathComeBack

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
They need a new pop up race for all the floggo dominant owners

Vic - Lllooooooooooooyd
Tassie - Gee Gee
Queensland - Craiglea
WA - Peters

Not sure who would represent SA or NSW - maybe just throw Oz Bloodstock in because they are complete fk heads
Exalted Adelaide
Bale for the dogs for NSW cos thats where the scourge of that horrible name started

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad