Racing December Daily Punt: Pikey stole my Christmas money

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a mate exactly the same aswell. Always cop it from him for betting no more than $100 on something which is also rare for me to do that i try stick to $50 max.

Yeah he’s a top bloke and will shout drinks if he wins but bets every race (not banana bus)
Like Clarken said ya can’t get rich betting like a bitch but you can go broke quick

Got a mate exactly the same aswell. Always cop it from him for betting no more than $100 on something which is also rare for me to do that i try stick to $50 max.

It's amazing how similar having a standard bet size of $5 and standard bet size of $500 feel exactly same when the winner crosses the line. Only other difference is how quickly your wallet thins, but it does seem important to some people for others to know how much they bet.

It'll probably run 2nd the way I've been going, but still keen on Proud Wolf in Adelaide, especially after seeing the rail is out 9m on the parks circuit.

Inside might be the best way home.

Hate the Parks track but Rail and on pace.
I’ve tailed you. The oldy has r6 cause we can. Heard nufin but have something tiny ew if there’s big bias. Hopefully go to the front and give you a run for your $

It's amazing how similar having a standard bet size of $5 and standard bet size of $500 feel exactly same when the winner crosses the line. Only other difference is how quickly your wallet thins, but it does seem important to some people for others to know how much they bet.
Very true
The ones who spruik how much they had on this or that and it got up... how much have you lost though.... 🤔 these punters are like fisherman, never tell you about the ones that got away

Corporate bookies are leeches if you do any good they limit your outlay
If you bet big and are on a rough trot they throw “bonuses” your way

“Gamble responsibly” my arse
Thats why i left sportsbet went on abit of a hot streak and they stopped giving anything.. even when i started losing never got anything again.

Hate the Parks track but Rail and on pace.
I’ve tailed you. The oldy has r6 cause we can. Heard nufin but have something tiny ew if there’s big bias. Hopefully go to the front and give you a run for your $

like wise, why have the rail out 9 on it? might as well be racing on the main track!.

TUSCAN QUEEN, $6.3 - Given it close to +3L can't possibly give it any more. I think she's a $5-$8 chance depending on how day plays out with map. wasn;t exactly enthused by sound of drifting to midfield. Will 100% drift as this market tightens so if your on do not take the 3.20
GATTING, $6.9 - Clear best bet in race. His last start had merit 1800 medium tempo and forward position suit him down to ground just needs cover
BEST OF DAYS (GB), $6.9 - Best last start in race and drawn A grade will be solid benchmark but this is about as high as i can give him
REGAL POWER, $12.3 - I was a little flat on his railway once I looked at times didn't elevate as much as i'd hope, he looks on track for further I don't think he's going to be at his best at any time in the future in WA, will need to head east for some mile and a half races.
SUPERSTORM, $12.7 - Given him about 2L improvement could easily give him 3 if I knew blinkers would work out his racing style. This is probably 1 prep early but BLK might just do the trick here. No idea where to place him or where the market will.
GAILO CHOP (FR), $17.9 - Can't have him too much longer or shorter. Hard to know where he's at
PACODALI (IRE), $19.3 - Yendall from 13 could probably have him anywhere from 12's upward, consistent type probably shade shy of this grade so hard to give him much scope for improvement
KAY CEE, $23 - Gave her 1L boost, I think she found her spot on the backup last fortnight. Gets the heavy impost of SParnham from 1.
TALLY, $23.5 - Was keen then wasn't keen. Regardless of 1400m Gee he was poor late. Marked him well down on that.
ACHERNAR STAR, $24.6 - 3rd go at this race and now goes back to last in running, consistent but found his level around Pacodali
STAR EXHIBIT, $29 - Wouldn't exactly surprise as much as a few around here but would be some sort of training effort for an 8yo.
THE VELVET KING, $36.8 - Won't stay 1800m barring some track/pace assistance. Best is a shade out of WFA grade
PLATOON, $36.8 - Couldn't possibly run better than last start. Gave him a touch below. Would be some sort of improvement start to start to start for trainer that struggles to do that
MISSISSIPPI DELTA, $38.2 - Surprised by the money for it (sort of) career best first up but needs to keep going upward. As a 2400m horse who was off the bit in strong tempo last start behind horses nowhere near this grade probably needs to improve again, she can do but nowhere near as confident as market she will do that.
DIG DEEP, $38.8 - Relatively weak guineas, this guy sort of has had his chance to show he was good enough but hasn't at any start. Gets back runs on and finds many better. Gave him 0.5L improvement with tempo and some other things being against him.
JERICHO MISSILE, $54.8 - Him and the above horse are basically clones this year. In fact I have marked them exactly the same as each other in every start this prep and have given them the same improvement but he draws 11/Knuckey and probably goes back on dubious to make the trip.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would love to know the ROI for horses vetted behind the gates and allowed to run.

Another fav passed by the vet and runs down the track

So I got bored. Last 4 years in WA 127 Barrier vets for 11 winners hard to be confident on small sample size though, I thought there would be more but that's all the stewards reports picked up. General Strikerate drops from 10% to 8.6%. -23% POT. Faves go 2 from 8. Vet inspections on arrival at the course seem even worse.

Lynchmob next.. backed it a couple of days ago but looks like every man and his dog has tipped it now we can all come 2nd together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back