Racing December Daily Punt: Pikey stole my Christmas money

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blocked for a run late. Good run, didn’t see others from the back. Waiting for failing leaves through assessment.

KC Good improved a fair bit more than I thought she had in her. BOD/SS unlucky both checking off heels all the way down back and not much room in straight. Gailo Chop apparently still had it's legs in tact what an amazing SP. Regal Power OK. Gatting 3wnc battled on good. Everything else - not so good.

KC Good improved a fair bit more than I thought she had in her. BOD/SS unlucky both checking off heels all the way down back and not much room in straight. Gailo Chop apparently still had it's legs in tact what an amazing SP. Regal Power OK. Gatting 3wnc battled on good. Everything else - not so good.
Nice work as always. Got 1 and 3 in a double in the last. Any chance?

If anything comes out of this it's to look at the WFA scale. 3yo's cannot have a 50% strike rate for the decade even a 2nd by a nose in there and they did not contest 1 of them. It's an in between distance so gets heaped with 2000m races. They upped it a few years ago now might be time again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gatting was average to poor for mine having every possible up on the pace.

I don't even think BOD was that unlucky - probably need a stronger tempo to get over the top of them this deep into his prep.

Overall a very ho hum G1 race for a second week in a row.

Probably sums it up that a 1MW race was the highlight of the day.

I think the WFA scale is fine fwiw - this is just a completely random race placement in the calendar that creates this particular issue. There wouldn't be much between your average Eastern/Western state 3yo at this stage but there would be chasms between the G1 older horses in the East and the 'equivalent' in the west.

Probably just means it needs to be downgraded from G1

I think the WFA scale is fine fwiw - this is just a completely random race placement in the calendar that creates this particular issue. There wouldn't be much between your average Eastern/Western state 3yo at this stage but there would be chasms between the G1 older horses in the East and the 'equivalent' in the west.

Probably just means it needs to be downgraded from G1
The Kingston Town or the Makybe Diva needs downgrading?

If anything comes out of this it's to look at the WFA scale. 3yo's cannot have a 50% strike rate for the decade even a 2nd by a nose in there and they did not contest 1 of them. It's an in between distance so gets heaped with 2000m races. They upped it a few years ago now might be time again.
Wtf you always gotta talk in riddles?

Just watched This'll Testya again, run might have been even better than it looked visually first time around.

Played up and vetted behind gates
Over raced through the first 600
Seemed to have a bit up the sleeve

It was less about a good sprint and more about a sustained high cruising speed, very much in the early NS mould. Interesting to see if it measures up if/when they head east

1 month seems light? #Queensland

NICK KEAL SUSPENDED FOR IMPROPER RIDING
December 7, 2019 6:00 pm.
AAP
Apprentice Nick Keal has been suspended for a month after admitting steering his horse into another runner past the post in the Hamilton Hotel Handicap at Doomben.

Keal rode Advance Warning and was charged with directing the horse into Les Tilley’s mount Romakash as the field was pulling up.

Keal pleaded guilty and told stewards he had a “brain snap” after Tilley caused him interference in the race.

Stewards earlier had suspended Tilley for 10 days for causing the interference.

Senior jockey Jim Byrne appeared with Keal who was back riding after taking a break to get his weight under control.

“I am in no way asking stewards to under play the gravity of the charge. But I would ask you take the fact Nick has been struggling with weight throughout his career,” Byrne said.

“Sometimes the softer approach can have better long-term results.”

Keal said he admitted he had done wrong but the incident wouldn’t have happened but for the earlier interference.

Chief steward Peter Chadwick said it wasn’t up to the wronged party in an interference case to take matters into their own hands.

“Two wrongs don’t make a right. We dealt with jockey Tilley earlier,” he said.

Keal was suspended for 10 days at the Sunshine Coast on Friday night.

He will begin his month’s suspension at the end of that term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back