Status
Not open for further replies.

come on oliver

Club Legend
Mar 17, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Racenet article

Newspaper reports have emerged claiming disgraced trainer Darren Weir placed bets via ‘bowler’ accounts to hide his identity from betting agencies.

The Herald-Sun reported Victoria Police believe Weir regularly bet thousands of dollars on his runners, often backing the longer-priced stable runner ahead of more favoured stablemates.

An investigation revealed Weir’s average TAB bet was $845 but it is suspected he made much bigger bets through other accounts.
The newspaper reported Weir is suspected of having $9200 through the account of a close friend on PeacefulState in the 2018 Australian Guineas at Flemington.
Peaceful State firmed from $11 into $8.50 but finished second to the Mick Price-trained Grunt in the Group I event. Weir also had the $4.60 favourite Cliff’s Edge in the race.
The Herald-Sun reported the probe into Weir’s betting activities found Weir had bigger bets on horses having the fourth run in a preparation, wearing blinkers and ridden by a “favoured jockey”.

The newspaper did not name any jockey.
One reported example of Weir’s use of a bowler account was a case of an account holder that would usually bet between $1 and $5 but bets like one of $4600 each-way also appeared in the account records.
Weir is due back in court on February 14 to answer animal cruelty charges relating to the alleged use of electrical jiggers and other apparatus on horses.

Weir also faces charges of possessing an unregistered firearm and conspiring to defraud RV stewards.

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Racenet article

Newspaper reports have emerged claiming disgraced trainer Darren Weir placed bets via ‘bowler’ accounts to hide his identity from betting agencies.

The Herald-Sun reported Victoria Police believe Weir regularly bet thousands of dollars on his runners, often backing the longer-priced stable runner ahead of more favoured stablemates.

An investigation revealed Weir’s average TAB bet was $845 but it is suspected he made much bigger bets through other accounts.
The newspaper reported Weir is suspected of having $9200 through the account of a close friend on PeacefulState in the 2018 Australian Guineas at Flemington.
Peaceful State firmed from $11 into $8.50 but finished second to the Mick Price-trained Grunt in the Group I event. Weir also had the $4.60 favourite Cliff’s Edge in the race.
The Herald-Sun reported the probe into Weir’s betting activities found Weir had bigger bets on horses having the fourth run in a preparation, wearing blinkers and ridden by a “favoured jockey”.

The newspaper did not name any jockey.
One reported example of Weir’s use of a bowler account was a case of an account holder that would usually bet between $1 and $5 but bets like one of $4600 each-way also appeared in the account records.
Weir is due back in court on February 14 to answer animal cruelty charges relating to the alleged use of electrical jiggers and other apparatus on horses.

Weir also faces charges of possessing an unregistered firearm and conspiring to defraud RV stewards.
he's already caught. Its the jockeys who are in on it who aren't being queried is that part that pisses me off

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The memes if this wins

1575264473419.png

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
You can get the ones out of the trash can you had lined up for Cockney 'can win' Crew in the railway.

Even Pike agrees with me.

Haven't looked at the race but it was obvious overs. Already into around 4th/5th fave and pretty confident it will overtake Kay Cee. I suspect it will be a $6 the field type of job this weekend

AvantGardener

Premiership Player
Mar 13, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
It's only assumption the jockeys did actually know. Could just be the monkeys that steer them. I assume there would be some type of rule that covers knowledge of illegal activity, but what proof would exist that a charge could actually stick.

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
For every 1 that he hits up and backs there will be 100s that he is genuinely backing on ability/track work which isn't illegal and there's nothing wrong with.

So you have to first prove that a) a horse has been made to improve or go backwards by illegal means. b) The jockey is knowing and assisting in the illegal activity on race day. It gets messy given you have to sort through all those ones that are just genuine bets so will take forever to build that case against the actual illegal cases.

Haven't looked at the race but it was obvious overs. Already into around 4th/5th fave and pretty confident it will overtake Kay Cee. I suspect it will be a $6 the field type of job this weekend

Utter poison as is anything coming out of what looks a terrible WA Guineas - a legit $30+ shot. Are all 4 or 5 that beat it home there going to be challening for favouritism? Of course not. Probably the same people that laughably backed Dubious into single figures last week. Any price a 3yo I guess.

Even if its $6 the field this shouldn't be anywhere near the top half dozen in betting. Has absolutely none.

For every 1 that he hits up and backs there will be 100s that he is genuinely backing on ability/track work which isn't illegal and there's nothing wrong with.

So you have to first prove that a) a horse has been made to improve or go backwards by illegal means. b) The jockey is knowing and assisting in the illegal activity on race day. It gets messy given you have to sort through all those ones that are just genuine bets so will take forever to build that case against the actual illegal cases.

My $1.01 that is what Mr Contrarian would say cashes.

No wonder Liefzy is so defensive of the new milkshake man from the west ;)

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Utter poison as is anything coming out of what looks a terrible WA Guineas - a legit $30+ shot. Are all 4 or 5 that beat it home there going to be challening for favouritism? Of course not. Probably the same people that laughably backed Dubious into single figures last week. Any price a 3yo I guess.

Even if its $6 the field this shouldn't be anywhere near the top half dozen in betting. Has absolutely none.

That's fine. Just threw him out there for anyone that wanted a nice price about a runner this week. I guess there's a fair reason why those that price the markets and move markets will have him 3rd fave tonight behind only the Railway winner and Champ Fillies winner. I don't expect to have him on top, nor do i expect to even be on him at current prices just mentioning he was marked overs in what was easy to trade out or get some big overs price in the all-in. Just same as i said about Regal Power/Velvet King the night before acceptances in railway. Which to be honest if past history says anything i am on the right horse given last years winner you said was toxic price and the railway winner couldn't win at the weights. Eventually did the form and had RP marginally on top in railway last week but suspect that won't be the case for Superstorm here.

I guess you can lay him with all that Trekking winnings from last week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
> Gets blasted for not putting up tips pre-race

> Tips wrong horse that halves in price overnight going from 13th line in betting to 3rd or marks the wrong horse $4.30 and unwanted gets beat 4L. Gets blasted anyway.

I'd love you to throw your eye over every tip everyone throws up here with the same rigour.

That's fine. Just threw him out there for anyone that wanted a nice price about a runner this week. I guess there's a fair reason why those that price the markets and move markets will have him 3rd fave tonight behind only the Railway winner and Champ Fillies winner. I don't expect to have him on top, nor do i expect to even be on him at current prices just mentioning he was marked overs in what was easy to trade out or get some big overs price in the all-in. Just same as i said about Regal Power/Velvet King the night before acceptances in railway. Which to be honest if past history says anything i am on the right horse given last years winner you said was toxic price and the railway winner couldn't win at the weights. Eventually did the form and had RP marginally on top in railway last week but suspect that won't be the case for Superstorm here.

I guess you can lay him with all that Trekking winnings from last week.

Not sure how you could tell he was overs when you don't do the form until 9am race day.

He might be marked overs to SP but he is not a winning chance and was complete and utter poison at $18. No point taking $18 something that starts $9 but is actually a $30+ chance.

He cannot possibly winner on any formline I have seen in the history of WFA racing in Australia.

The bold is also a laughable troll from someone who talks utter crap all year on a racing forum but apparently never bets and also had the same horse on top in a race he was well beaten in - turns out your ratings weren't any good either not that you would ever amdit. You are an utter embarrassment mate and basically a full time troll that adds zero value to this forum in my opinion short of taking cheap shots at people that actually invest money in the great game.

Last edited:
> Gets blasted for not putting up tips pre-race

> Tips wrong horse that halves in price overnight going from 13th line in betting to 3rd or marks the wrong horse $4.30 and unwanted gets beat 4L. Gets blasted anyway.

I'd love you to throw your eye over every tip everyone throws up here with the same rigour.

What tips mate - you don't bet. They can still halve in price and be poison mate - see Dubious/Flirtini/Stageman last week - everyone else that tips here actually puts money down.

Well done on beating the starting SP on the odd horse ever now and then - just like old Brett did hey.

Well done on getting the Winterbottom completely wrong last week like we all did you mug. In case you didn't notice you had the winner that bolted in at $21 when he started closer to $10 - you must be bankrupt from lying the crap out of him.

Face it mate - you are just a bigger mug as the rest of us and you might try and sound high and mighty with your speed ratings and your prices but you are not better than the rest of us mugs - except you are worse in that you never seem to put any money down and are the biggest hindsight hero the forum has ever seen.

Horse is $18s but you can still get $10s now and will now doubt drift from here - if you are going to back a horse that wasn't even fave in a terrible WA Guineas at the same price as the Railway quinella even you are taking the piss.

In my mind it is utter poison at $18 and even more so at the current price and any sane form analyst will be on my side. Just like all the WA tipsters falling into Flirtini last week they will do their do again here.

Best of Days same price as Superstorm is one of the dumbest prices you will ever see in the history of WFA racing in Australia. Probably up their with Montainge starting fave in a BMW against Preferment.

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Hey Doc ~ 122 Timeform.

About right, seems very unlikely to repeat given the perfect conditions it found but still a good performance if it can. Dan O'Sullivan gave it 106 which is high for him. I think top 4-5 older sprinter on his scale.

IKnowtheDog

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 25, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
Best horse in the world is coming to Australia. Hawaam and his stablemate Soqrat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back