Racing December Daily Punt: Pikey stole my Christmas money

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of the big 3 WA features - Railway, Winterbottom and KTown - what race has yielded the best winners from a Syd autumn Melb spring perspective?

Winterbottom - but that's only because its the one the Eastern state horses win the most often.

Scales of Justice is really the only WA horse recently to go on and do anything after winning one of the Big 3.

Winterbottom clearly, also attracts better horses. The good horses tend to get rolled in the other two for whatever reason whether it's timing coming back from big preps east or just not there yet. Obviously handicap of the railway sorts a few out but the KT is a bit of a graveyard with 3yo's rolling them all winning 4 of last 9 and take up 46% of the 100% market this week.

Gatting, BHB, SOJ, Delicacy managed to win sum total of 1 railway or KT from about 15 goes and around 11 G1s outside the state SOJ did that with minimum in a railway too so he's a bit of an exception.

Last edited:
My KT market post barrier draw.

1575367286393.png

Biggest winners BOD and TQ, RP the obviously loser - i had BOD and RP closer pre-draw. Simple thoughts behind this - Railway quinella clearly coming in with the best formline with huge + to BOD with the weight turnaround. TQ the best 3yo, happy to lay everything to oblivion out of the WA Guineas which I think is an awful form race.

I will be similar, Best of Days clear best last start of all starters even after the WFA for 3yo's. Will just be a matter of how much improvement I want to give to the 3yo's. Gatting will be shorter too but I will have a closer look at replay in time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back