Vase- Anthony van Dyke

Sprint - Danon Smash - but Aethero should win

Mile - Beauty Generation to bounce back

Cup- Win Bright

1 month seems light? #Queensland

NICK KEAL SUSPENDED FOR IMPROPER RIDING
December 7, 2019 6:00 pm.
AAP
Apprentice Nick Keal has been suspended for a month after admitting steering his horse into another runner past the post in the Hamilton Hotel Handicap at Doomben.

Keal rode Advance Warning and was charged with directing the horse into Les Tilley’s mount Romakash as the field was pulling up.

Keal pleaded guilty and told stewards he had a “brain snap” after Tilley caused him interference in the race.

Stewards earlier had suspended Tilley for 10 days for causing the interference.

Senior jockey Jim Byrne appeared with Keal who was back riding after taking a break to get his weight under control.

“I am in no way asking stewards to under play the gravity of the charge. But I would ask you take the fact Nick has been struggling with weight throughout his career,” Byrne said.

“Sometimes the softer approach can have better long-term results.”

Keal said he admitted he had done wrong but the incident wouldn’t have happened but for the earlier interference.

Chief steward Peter Chadwick said it wasn’t up to the wronged party in an interference case to take matters into their own hands.

“Two wrongs don’t make a right. We dealt with jockey Tilley earlier,” he said.

Keal was suspended for 10 days at the Sunshine Coast on Friday night.

He will begin his month’s suspension at the end of that term.

Past the post so doesn't affect punters at least, more of a work safe issue.

You'd be absolutely filthy if you owned either of the horses though.

Would take a fair performance (or Aethero flop) for BTC to beat home Aethero
Meets it slightly better at the weights

Nah not really. Look how many turned the form around from Hot King Prawn in last years trial.

Better in at the weights and was first up last time while Aethero has been up for ages. Fave is solid poi poi

Just watched This'll Testya again, run might have been even better than it looked visually first time around.

Played up and vetted behind gates
Over raced through the first 600
Seemed to have a bit up the sleeve

It was less about a good sprint and more about a sustained high cruising speed, very much in the early NS mould. Interesting to see if it measures up if/when they head east

She's very very good. The only bit that is concerning is 4yo's can sort of not improve like a 3yo would. Especially sprinters they (sometimes) don't take the jumps that 3yo's would over time so you have to mark them on what they've done and yesterday probably gets her to that G2 level over here, so now she would need to step it up again which should come with increased tempo etc but sometimes it doesn't. I'd be surprised if she doesn't get there but 2 start 4yo's are fairly hard to predict tops for. I'd try to get her to the Newmarket in a few months and see what falls out on the way there.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HK Cup seems hardest to pick
Even bottom weight Edisa the French horse isn’t without a chance

magic wand much the best galloper. Just wins if she produces her best. Would be deep odds on against the French horse in Europe.

Four relations to Tornado Tears running today, will be interesting to see how many can place

there is nothing about this post that i understand
The barrier draw for the inter dominion was held this morning with little fanfare. Many trots fans and bookies were unaware it had been conducted. Cassie who is over there for Sky looked like she had just got out of the shower when she crossed for her report. Hence my comment. I now find out she got caught in a torrential downpour. I hope that explains things

The barrier draw for the inter dominion was held this morning with little fanfare. Many trots fans and bookies were unaware it had been conducted. Cassie who is over there for Sky looked like she had just got out of the shower when she crossed for her report. Hence my comment. I now find out she got caught in a torrential downpour. I hope that explains things
that was easy wasnt it.

Keen on Aristocratic Miss in Weribee cup nothing wrong with its last two runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back