Racing December Daily Thread: Rudolph gets transferred to Gai Waterhouse

Remove this Banner Ad

I really don't understand BM racing at times

- why is metronome $23 tomorrow in a BM70 when it won a BM78 last start in single figures
-plus in the next race independent road started same price as hasseltoff last start - beat it - and is now three times the price?
Yeah that made no sense to me either about metronome

All I know is in that race tomorrow, the ride on Brazen Song last time was putrid. Went down by a lip and was 3 wide the trip the whole way

And before that won by about 3 lengths last start

- why is metronome $23 tomorrow in a BM70 when it won a BM78 last start in single figures

With the benchmark races I always look at the prizemoney as well as a rough guide to judge the strength of the race. A BM70 worth $125k is probably still going to attract a better field than a BM78 worth $75k. There doesn't look anything over progressive in that particular race but weight, draw, jockey change is pretty ugly for Metronome.

Just the normal over here mate,false start.
Races all over WA no matter which track never start on time.

RWWA really need a minibus to arrange transport for starters/barrier attendants. Hard to find good ones and worthy horses getting scratched because not handled correctly pushes back starts regularly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These first 2 races are/were a real mess. It's really hard to price horses that perform as badly as them. Blue Cheynne not much better than the last fave in the next I had it around $6 and near red odds at the moment. Henty Lass is about as slow a horse we've had in WA recently have 10+ starts and I've managed to mark it $10.

We are paying for COVID in these fields where most of these would be banished north to the dirt but stuck on turf finding weak races as the north got abandoned for 2020.

Eagle Farm can be a gold mine this weekend

Kisukano
Ballistic Boy

Both at $3 plus are great bets
Multi them up for $9.40 aswel 👌

Along with;

Hilo and Palladas

Not much else around the country worth betting on IMO
Although will say you’ll see worse 50/1 shots than Wonaeamirri - AR7 - won at BM58 level only recently now just steps up to BM60 and is a massive price

Eagle Farm can be a gold mine this weekend

Kisukano
Ballistic Boy

Both at $3 plus are great bets
Multi them up for $9.40 aswel 👌

Along with;

Hilo and Palladas

Not much else around the country worth betting on IMO
Although will say you’ll see worse 50/1 shots than Wonaeamirri - AR7 - won at BM58 level only recently now just steps up to BM60 and is a massive price
Yup I agree there

Reckon there are some solid faves and some seriously good roughies worth a play

With the benchmark races I always look at the prizemoney as well as a rough guide to judge the strength of the race. A BM70 worth $125k is probably still going to attract a better field than a BM78 worth $75k. There doesn't look anything over progressive in that particular race but weight, draw, jockey change is pretty ugly for Metronome.

I see they scratched this from Flemington for Caulfield tomorrow instead which looks a sound decision.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back