Analysis Decisive win over Lions. Pies by 62

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m away and only caught the last quarter on TV. Can’t say it was champagne football.:oops:

But I believe you all about the first three quarters - especially 1 and 3 - and will watch the replay.

Then onto Anzac Day for my least favourite game of the year. For lots of reasons, but mainly due to the presence of Essendon fans, in their droves. They are the worst supporter group for me. Completely nutty and delusional.
I'm the same re: Anzac Day, I used to love it, now I'm like, meh, it's become just another over hyped commercial shove

But if they build it, he will come.
If we are on top I would leave him as a forward. Roll him into the centre bounce when we need to change the opposition momentum. He’s a weapon.

Any word on Elliot. Someone said he had ice on his hammy.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
He was walking around with ice on his hammy, but unhindered and with a big smile on his face, so I don’t think there’s anything to be worried about.

Great win, and all important % too.

Grundy, Treloar, Adams, De Goey, Mihocek, Stephenson, Crisp, Moore - all excellent.

Didn't really have any 'poor' players, to be honest. Really only Sidebottom's lack of form is somewhat of a concern.
Sidey was really poor tonight and has been most of the season from what I have seen on tv,but it was a good performance from the team Beams was very good and his decision making and delivery were outstanding top order stuff.

Brown I thought had his best game yet and kicked a nice goal from 45mtrs and the forwards were excellent as a collective but as you rightly say Sideys form is very patchy and Maynard was also scratchy and Tommy had his usual brain fade but his spoiling was outstanding.Hopefully we start building from this and onto Anzac now with more confidence than last week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grundy, Treloar, Adams, De Goey, Mihocek, Stephenson, Crisp, Moore - all excellent.

Didn't really have any 'poor' players, to be honest. Really only Sidebottom's lack of form is somewhat of a concern.

Thought Sidebottom was down on the night, but also thought he was very good last week, especially damaging with his disposal. Last night his kicking was off.

Look out when he comes good. Which he will. Nice problem to have

For all the ares we were poor last week against the Bulldogs, we dominated last night.
Our midfielders were dominant across the field and at both ends, and read the ruck work of Grundy well.
The chemistry within our forward line and with the midfield was brilliant to watch and provided our forwards with a smorgasbord of I50's
We moved the ball quickly
Treloar ran in a straight line all night, and each of his disposals hurt the Lions
Aish was good until he was injured and he did not waste a possession
De Goey again sparked the Pies when he was moved into the midfield at the start of the 3rd quarter
7 multiple goalscorers
Roughie and Moore put their opponents to sleep
Phillips running was superb.

There is definitely room for improvement. i think Bucks has sensibly tried to run the boys in over the season (as he did extremely well last year) so as many as possible are fit and firing in September.

Elliot is down on confidence but to his credit grinding out results for his team-mates. He's become a mature player, not exactly a leader but at least able to keep his head up when he stuffs something up and go again and again.

Stephenson is only using 50% of his potential, absolutely terrifying prospect given how good he is right now.

Cox can improve even more and his the right attitude to do so.

Treloar I think will be hampered by his OP all his career but he is elite, so he will produce good games every season, just not every game.

I think Moore as good as he is can be even more aggressive and effective.

Crisp is burning, but he kept it up for most of last season, maybe this is the new Crisp, no longer a C grade steak knives pretending to be a B, but an actual A grade mid/utility.

A lot to like about the list and its potential.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back