Analysis Decisive win over Lions. Pies by 62

Remove this Banner Ad

The game was a worry wtf?
I wasn't confident tonight. I thought the Lions would put on a much better show at home. I was relaxed about 3 minutes into the game though. We were clearly 'on' tonight. Love watching that fast ball movement. So hard to defend.

Probably got an extra 2 goals. Mihocek hit the flappy padding and Thomas’ was not what I would call conclusive video evidence.

Ok let’s just close this down, Checkers got a free kick anyway and the ball looked clearly over the line.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Aish Ko’d by a knee to back of head in marking contest. Paid free because bris player judged to have made an unrealistic marking attempt. Guess that qualifies as reckless contact? Reckless high contact high impact = 1 week. How does that differ from a charge?

Because to do so would sound the death of the high flying speccie.

I wasn't confident tonight. I thought the Lions would put on a much better show at home. I was relaxed about 3 minutes into the game though. We were clearly 'on' tonight. Love watching that fast ball movement. So hard to defend.

We have a good team here Pedro today was obvious that we are better than last year IMO.

But if Brisbane drop out of the 8, we won’t have beaten anybody...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Approx half way through the 3rd qtr we hit the 100 point mark.
When was the the last time Carlton did that in a game.
Bwaaaahaaaahaaa bwaaaahaaahaaa.
On the road against a team higher on the ladder, for that matter.

We have a good team here Pedro today was obvious that we are better than last year IMO.
Our best looks fantastic. I'm not sure how we are going to play though from week to week. We played keepings off against the Tigers. Not sure how you would describe last week (get over the line any way you can perhaps??). Tonight was manic and I love seeing us play this way. Its refreshing to see among some pretty dull football being played at the moment.

I think what we saw today was the type of football we were expecting coming into the start of the season.
Love games where it is hard to pick the top 5 because almost every player played well and did their job.
Also last week there was a massive circle jerk over Grundy's game.
I actually liked his game today more than last weeks. (despite the stats)
His tap work was so much better today. I reckon his influence on today's game was far greater than last weeks game.

The numbers aren’t as pretty, but I thought Grundys tapwork was considerably better this week than last week.
100%

As an individual game, Grundy's didn't look as impressive, but I thought this was a big reason our midfield functioned better overall. Would take Grundy's game tonight over his game last week every day of the week.

Last edited:
I think what we saw today was the type of football we were expecting coming into the start of the season.
Love games where it is hard to pick the top 5 because almost every player played well and did their job.
Also last week there was a massive circle jerk over Grundy's game.
I actually liked his game today more than last weeks. (despite the stats)
His tap work was so much better today. I reckon his influence on today's game was far greater than last weeks game.
Grundy is worth moving in the circle for.

He’s circle worthy.

Our best looks fantastic. I'm not sure how we are going to play though from week to week. We played keepings off against the Tigers. Not sure how you would describe last week (get over the line any way you can perhaps??). Tonight was manic and I love seeing us play this way. Its refreshing to see among some pretty dull football being played at the moment.
But, but, but Brisbane are the sexiest team in the AFL... “saving football” according to the HUN today?!?

Because to do so would sound the death of the high flying speccie.

I hear you but it was a free against already - so that is the disincentive to the speccy. My comment was more around the interpretation of mro guidelines. Time for Christian to step up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back