Analysis Decisive win over Lions. Pies by 62

Remove this Banner Ad

If degoey keeps on tracking the way he is, he’ll be our best player the club has ever produced. Absolute gun!
Here’s hoping he can give it a tilt in the future. But a very big call. Current coach included. Jock (not my era) another and so forth or past.

There was a decisive change in Treloars game tonight, he used his pace and evasiveness to get clear and then use the ball properly. If he continues that kind of form he will win the brownlow. So much tougher tonight too. Good to see as he has been rusty over the first 4 weeks.

DeGoey could legitimately be an all australian level midfielder. He is also arguably the most dangerous medium fwd in the game. His power and speed is going to be something to watch over the next 10 years.

If Maynard didn't turn two poor turnovers into opposition goals, and Langdon realised he wasnt in front of the goal line, it was the boundary line, we would have kept them to 5 goals. Impressive.

Good win tonight and we could beat them every time over the next decade but 2002/03 still burns for me.

Here’s hoping he can give it a tilt in the future. But a very big call. Current coach included. Jock (not my era) another and so forth or past.

I love bucks , he was my idol the 90s but Jordies a different beast, he could go to a different level if he’s head is screwed on properly

Let’s not get carried away Brisbane was a bottom 4 side last year
They have played well this year and we haven't. Four games is a long time waiting for a team to play according to expectations.

I’ve thought long and hard and have come to the conclusion that Jordie will be sitting on the iron throne .
Aish or Checka more dead ringers for Jon Snow for me lol. But tomato, tomato.

Same 2011, they won because of some free paid against (or not paid) Pendlebury and had the wood on us for the rest of the year. :mad:

Your mad emoji doesn't do that moment justice. I was there live, and they gave Cam Wood (I think?) the kick from fifty, but Scotty slotted it, having taken advantage, on the left. Advantage paid? Nope. Bring it back. We win that game, we have the psychological edge.

The hand bags kicked 8.17 that night. Bloody hell, that's triggered me now.

They tried this rubbish during the first season of Wold Series Cricket. Some poor bugger tried to interview Ian Chappell after he copped a dodgy decision - it wasn't pretty! Not long after that they gave it the flick.
How good is Chappelli? No doubt he would have dropped the F-bomb, in an error when saying streuth or damn, was VERY uncouth!

Do you have footage of this awesomeness?

Last edited:
Apologies if pointed out already in the thread, but can anyone remember a time when Collingwood or any club had their entire forward line kick a goal by quarter time?

De Goey, Cox, Mihochek, Stephenson, Thomas & Elliott was our official starting 6 up forward and all goaled by quarter time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

By the way, Dayne Zorko is a massive flog and it feels good knowing he's closing in on 200 games wthout playing a final. Easily the worst captain in the competition and an all round s**t bloke.

This five minute highlight video displays countless thug acts and cheap blows, none worse than at 1:28

Eat s**t flog. Worst Dayne to ever captain Brisbane.

Good overall team win. The 6 individual goal-kickers in the first quarter sums up the night for me, Collingwood is better when the ball is shared, when the team is not trying to force magic via a select few players. For as much as we moan and complain our forwards and midfield are talented and can play footy. When we can dictate an open, running and gunning style of play we wind up with "who to kick it to inside 50" and a game that is over in the 3rd quarter.

That said...
Brisbane is not exactly the class of the competition and we have had trouble imposing the same style of play on better teams (ahem, West Coast, ahem) so let's take everything with a grain of salt and carry the momentum into Essendon.

By the way, Dayne Zorko is a massive flog and it feels good knowing he's closing in on 200 games wthout playing a final. Easily the worst captain in the competition and an all round s**t bloke.

This five minute highlight video displays countless thug acts and cheap blows, none worse than at 1:28

But how do you really feel

:moustache:

Woeful choice as captain.

He's keeping the seat warm until Harris Andrews is ready, but geez, basically any human being with a pulse would be a better skipper than Zorko.

Biggest case or angry little twerp syndrome I've ever seen. He's a cheap little sniper.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back