Decriminalisation of drugs... your thoughts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Snake_Baker

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Pfffft, as if!
Yeah but let's talk reality.

Name anyone in the media calling for pill testing who doesn't expect the government to do it as a free service.
The government created the scenario in the first place, so I figure the onus is on you to explain why they shouldn't.

CheapCharlie

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Sydney
Yeah but let's talk reality.

Name anyone in the media calling for pill testing who doesn't expect the government to do it as a free service.
Yeah sorry cat fan I don't really watch mainstream media when it comes to TV so I can't help you there.
When it comes to online news the commentary I've read is about making pill testing legal and not about who must be responsible for paying for it having said that I haven't read articles that say the government must pay for the pill testing just that the government must make it legal.
The problem now is if you want to have your drug tested it is illegal to be holding the drug so why while you might be able to legally test what's in it you can't legally hold the drug you want to test.

CatFan79

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Geelong
The problem now is if you want to have your drug tested it is illegal to be holding the drug so why while you might be able to legally test what's in it you can't legally hold the drug you want to test.
What a conundrum... Gee I wonder what the best solution might be.

Unfortunately common sense is not easily taught to a lot of people. Hopefully these deaths have made some of them reconsider an incredibly bad choice.

CheapCharlie

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Sydney
What a conundrum... Gee I wonder what the best solution might be.

Unfortunately common sense is not easily taught to a lot of people. Hopefully these deaths have made some of them reconsider an incredibly bad choice.
Anyway your initial point I was commenting on was that the government had to pay and was responsible financially for the drug testing but that is not the case

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jason pm

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fortitude Valley Diehards. Chelsea.
If it’s legalised, who becomes legally responsible for the health issues of a bad batch or inherent issues?

If no one, would you also accept big pharma having no responsibility?
You mean like the massive issues we have now with alcohol and prescription drugs dependence and abuse?

CatFan79

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Geelong

Number37

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Sydney
You mean like the massive issues we have now with alcohol and prescription drugs dependence and abuse?
The question was specifically about a "BAD BATCH"...a bad batch of alcohol or prescription drugs has consequences for the manufacturer, like a bad batch of any other product.

Which is completely different to the issue of bad use.

NSWCROW

TheBrownDog
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
STURT - LIVERPOOL

NSWCROW

TheBrownDog
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
STURT - LIVERPOOL
Bs, when would a teen stop doing something just because an adult said it was no good for you? :)

Not familiar with the Betoota ??

FWIW , i can't see too many people going out of their way to get their pills tested.
Last thing i'd want to be doing once i got to a festival is line up to get my shit tested while having some adult staring at you.

Obese Arachnid

Supercoach Board Enthusiast
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
There are no other teams.
Not familiar with the Betoota ??

FWIW , i can't see too many people going out of their way to get their pills tested.
Last thing i'd want to be doing once i got to a festival is line up to get my shit tested while having some adult staring at you.
C'mon Crowey, I would do it.

I had bad experience with snow cones back in the day. As long as i could sink bulk piss while standing in line.:drunk::moustache:

Top Bottom