Decriminalisation of drugs... your thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

****en what?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ease up there mate.

You brought up mk ultra. That scene from a few good men. Where Jack nicholson says to Tom cruise " you can't handle the truth"

It's very fitting for conversations with you.

There was senate inquiry into mk ultra. Most of the evidence disappeared. Just like nasa used the developers of the v1 and v2 rockets. The cia used the developers of fluoride for thier experiments.

Look up operation paperclip.

Fluoride is the active ingredient in prozac. Its so funny reading the bots in this thread saying pot is so dangerous.

Theres a 26% chance of developing an Ice addiction.

From the moment its smoked it boosts hormones (seratonin) which plays the role in feeling euphoric, happy etc.
With effects only lasting around 10-12 hours the comedown in large cases can be quite extreme which leads to wanting to feel that euphoria all the time, hence the addiction.
The more ICE is taken, the less the brain produces Seratonin naturally, which makes the comedowns worse and the dependency increase.

Most ICE users talk about the first hit being the most euphoric feeling they have felt of any drug, so when they can never quite hit that high again, leads to constantly chasing that feeling, dependence, addiction, overdosing (which leads to the psychosis effects)

Adding to the fact that its so ridiculously expensive in Australia, it's often given out first for free or as a "Trial" Knowing the likelihood of addiction and dependence is so high

The thing is the brain doesn't produce serotonin. It's a hormone that every system requires. It's produced in the stomach.

It's the dopamine receptors burnt out that produces the come down. The comedown is very similar to users of anti psychotics

You brought up mk ultra.

I brought up the CIA experimenting on people with LSD, not unrelated whacko conspiracy extrapolations.

Fluoride is the active ingredient in prozac. Its so funny reading the bots in this thread saying pot is so dangerous.

Flouride is found all throughout nature. You're born with it, and it's in your food.

The contortionist act that must go on in the NSW premiers head for her 2 sleep at night
Another kid dead...
Make no mistake this is about the alcohol industry as big $$ donors and the police force who wont move an inch regardless of evidence because their interest is not in keeping these people safe

Happy New Years team!!!

Just a bit of homegrown for me tonight, but tomorrow I'll indulge in some lovely LSD while chipping away at the MDMA stash :D. There'll no doubt be a bit of ketas, nangs, mushies etc. at the kick ons too, but I'll be staying away from the "disco sugar"- maybe- I'm not a fan of the ethical cost of it, even if the lives lost result from the war on drugs as much as the cartels who manufacture the world's supply. Just not my high either, give me a room full of a beautiful women and I'd very likely change my mind but if I'm just hanging out with the mates then good tunes and good psychedelics is the right vibe for me!

Stay safe and remember to drink plenty of water everyone!

It's an incredibly complex combination of factors that cannot engage simple explanation.

Personally, I took drugs because I like what it did to my CNS. It was overwhelmingly fun, and heightened many experiences I have had in my life. I had my times with some issues, but once I matured, it was always a positive event.
taking drugs for some are not a perceptible lack of knowledge or even a lack of sensibility.
we who have 'done' it... know that it is neither good or bad.. it is what ends up when others get caught in the gravel..

You brought up mk ultra. That scene from a few good men. Where Jack nicholson says to Tom cruise " you can't handle the truth"

It's very fitting for conversations with you.

There was senate inquiry into mk ultra. Most of the evidence disappeared. Just like nasa used the developers of the v1 and v2 rockets. The cia used the developers of fluoride for thier experiments.

Look up operation paperclip.

you had me at Tom Cruise.. Hank is second fiddle.. third is riding a Roulette..

Parents call for pill testing as man dies from suspected drug overdose at Beyond The Valley music festival

By Danny Tran

Photo:
Adriana Buccianti says pill testing could act as a safety net for young people using drugs at festivals. (Supplied)

On the first day of any new year, regardless of where he was in the world, Daniel Buccianti would always find a minute to speak with his mother.

Their calls became a little tradition, a special way to ring in the beginning of a fresh chapter in both of their lives.

It was something Adriana Buccianti looked forward to.

But when Daniel was 34, about seven years ago, he overdosed after taking drugs at the Rainbow Serpent Festival in Western Victoria and died.

Since then, memories of their phone calls have been a painful reminder of her son's death in 2012.

And they are never more vivid than when other young people die in circumstances similar to Daniel, as they did yesterday.

In the early hours of the new year, a young man from Mansfield died from a suspected overdose, days after he was flown to hospital.

He had attended the Beyond The Valley festival at Lardner, east of Melbourne.

The death follows that of another man who died after taking an unknown substance at the Lost Paradise music festival, west of Gosford in New South Wales.

When she first heard about the death in Victoria, Ms Buccianti said she was devastated.

"We know that people, young people, will take drugs," she said.

"For the longest time, since there's been music, there's been drugs.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-01...7QqceGicET1yutEKuETy31P_EA9Nm3OyciH6spBnhDCjU

Why can't festivals implement pill testing on-site individually? Are they choosing not to or are they legally not allowed to provide the service?

Not allowed to. I'm sure most event organisers would like for there to be pill testing.

In order for it to work, in addition to the state government's approval, you need the cooperation and some sort of memorandum of understanding and cooperation between the organisation, police, security staff and event organisers so they don't strictly police the area around the pill testing tent. I'm sure there's a lot more complications behind the scenes as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Parents call for pill testing as man dies from suspected drug overdose at Beyond The Valley music festival

By Danny Tran

Photo:
Adriana Buccianti says pill testing could act as a safety net for young people using drugs at festivals. (Supplied)

On the first day of any new year, regardless of where he was in the world, Daniel Buccianti would always find a minute to speak with his mother.

Their calls became a little tradition, a special way to ring in the beginning of a fresh chapter in both of their lives.

It was something Adriana Buccianti looked forward to.

But when Daniel was 34, about seven years ago, he overdosed after taking drugs at the Rainbow Serpent Festival in Western Victoria and died.

Since then, memories of their phone calls have been a painful reminder of her son's death in 2012.

And they are never more vivid than when other young people die in circumstances similar to Daniel, as they did yesterday.

In the early hours of the new year, a young man from Mansfield died from a suspected overdose, days after he was flown to hospital.

He had attended the Beyond The Valley festival at Lardner, east of Melbourne.

The death follows that of another man who died after taking an unknown substance at the Lost Paradise music festival, west of Gosford in New South Wales.

When she first heard about the death in Victoria, Ms Buccianti said she was devastated.

"We know that people, young people, will take drugs," she said.

"For the longest time, since there's been music, there's been drugs.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-01...7QqceGicET1yutEKuETy31P_EA9Nm3OyciH6spBnhDCjU
Out of curiosity, how does testing the pill help in the case of an overdose?

Out of curiosity, how does testing the pill help in the case of an overdose?

Pill testing determines a pills content prior to ingestion.

It's not much use after you have swallowed the thing.

So is the idea that a person would not take the pill if the drug content is too high? Or maybe not take as many?
Imagine like you were about to skoll a can of VB but someone told you at the last minute it actually contained straight Absolut.

That makes sense. Guess I'd just have it a few bits at a time.

The idea is that a group of people will purchase some pills and put one forward for testing before deciding to ingest them.

A better idea is to have an anonymous mail in testing service.

Even better yet, just legalise the stuff and rid society of bodgy clan lab products.

Genetic Predisposition vs Individual-Specific Processes in the Association Between Psychotic-like Experiences and Cannabis Use

Nicole R. Karcher, PhD1; Deanna M. Barch, PhD1,2; Catherine H. Demers, MA2; et al David A. A. Baranger, PhD2; Andrew C. Heath, PhD1; Michael T. Lynskey, PhD3; Arpana Agrawal, PhD1

JAMA Psychiatry. Published online October 17, 2018. doi:10.1001/jamapsychiatry.2018.2546

Question To what extent is the association between cannabis use and psychotic-like experiences attributable to predispositional (ie, shared genetic) or to individual-specific factors?

Findings This cross-sectional study of twin and nontwin sibling pairs analyzed a combined sample comprising 4674 individuals and found significant evidence for shared genetic factors between cannabis involvement and psychotic-like experiences. After accounting for genetic overlap, frequent users of cannabis were more likely to report psychotic-like experiences than relatives who used cannabis less frequently.

Meaning Although shared genetic influences are important, person-specific factors also appear to influence the association between cannabis involvement and psychotic-like experiences.

Abstract

Importance Previous research indicates that cannabis use is associated with psychotic-like experiences (PLEs). However, it is unclear whether this association results from predispositional (ie, shared genetic) factors or individual-specific factors (eg, causal processes, such as cannabis use leading to PLEs).

Objectives To estimate genetic and environmental correlations between cannabis use and PLEs, and to examine PLEs in twin and nontwin sibling pairs discordant for exposure to cannabis use to disentangle predispositional from individual-specific effects.

Design, Setting, and Participants In this cross-sectional analysis, diagnostic interviews and self-reported data were collected from 2 separate population-based samples of twin and nontwin sibling pairs. Data from the Human Connectome Project were collected between August 10, 2012, and September 29, 2015, and data from the Australian Twin Registry Cohort 3 (ATR3) were collected between August 1, 2005, and August 31, 2010. Data were analyzed between August 17, 2017, and July 6, 2018. The study included data from 1188 Human Connectome Project participants and 3486 ATR3 participants, totaling 4674 participants.

Main Outcomes and Measures Three cannabis-involvement variables were examined: frequent use (ie, ≥100 times), a DSM-IV lifetime cannabis use disorder diagnosis, and current cannabis use. Genetic and environmental correlations between cannabis involvement and PLEs were estimated. Generalized linear mixed models examined PLE differences in twin and nontwin sibling pairs discordant for cannabis use.

Results Among the 4674 participants, the mean (SD) age was 30.5 (3.2) years, and 2923 (62.5%) were female. Data on race/ethnicity were not included as a covariate owing to lack of variability within the ATR3 sample; among the 1188 participants in the Human Connectome Project, 875 (73.7%) were white. Psychotic-like experiences were associated with frequent cannabis use (β = 0.11; 95% CI, 0.08-0.14), cannabis use disorder (β = 0.13; 95% CI, 0.09-0.16), and current cannabis use (β = 0.07; 95% CI, 0.04-0.10) even after adjustment for covariates. Correlated genetic factors explained between 69.2% and 84.1% of this observed association. Within discordant pairs of twins/siblings (Npairs, 308-324), Psychotic-like experiences were more common in cannabis-exposed individuals compared with their relative who used cannabis to a lesser degree (β ≥ .23, P < .05; eg, frequent and infrequent cannabis-using relatives significantly differed, z = −5.41; P < .001).

Conclusions and Relevance Despite the strong contribution of shared genetic factors, frequent and problem cannabis use also appears to be associated with PLEs via person-specific pathways. This study’s findings suggest that policy discussions surrounding legalization should consider the influence of escalations in cannabis use on traitlike indices of vulnerability, such as PLEs, which could contribute to pervasive psychological and interpersonal burden.

https://www.psypost.org/2018/11/the...s-largely-the-result-of-genetic-factors-52617

Ive always said that there is a very small percentage of people who just shouldn't smoke pot.
It brings their pre-existing underlying psychosis bubbling right to the surface.

If having a smoke is an intensely paranoid and unpleasant experience then you definitely shouldn't smoke and should probably make an appointment with a psychiatrist just to get checked out.

****en what?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ease up there mate.

Yeah, I know about Kuczynski, but you're getting a little of course here mate.
Our friend Thegibbsgamble is possibly not the best spokesperson for decriminalization.
So is the idea that a person would not take the pill if the drug content is too high? Or maybe not take as many?
Mainly to make sure what it in the pill is actually what they intend to take.
Pill A. 85%MDMA/15%Talcum powder.

Pill B. 25% Snail bait/50%industrial bleach/12.5% Cat tranquilizer/12.5% powdered donkey semen.

Which would you rather take?

The amount of drug available may or may not be a problematic issue, it's more designed to weed out toxic compounds passed off as "ecstasy" pills.

Compounds such as PMA, which cannot be differentiated from MDMA (proper ecstasy) in simple home test kits:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MbNJYoHDz8

PMA (para-methoxyamphetamine)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Para-Methoxyamphetamine

1546433629503.png

The toxicity issue arises from the O-CH3 group featured on the left hand side of the compounds structure, which leads in vivo to the metabolisation of more potent and selective neurotoxins, and the majority of pill overdoses that lead to death.

Ive always said that there is a very small percentage of people who just shouldn't smoke pot.
It brings their pre-existing underlying psychosis bubbling right to the surface.

If having a smoke is an intensely paranoid and unpleasant experience then you definitely shouldn't smoke and should probably make an appointment with a psychiatrist just to get checked out.

Our friend Thegibbsgamble is possibly not the best spokesperson for decriminalization.

Mainly to make sure what it in the pill is actually what they intend to take.
Pill A. 85%MDMA/15%Talcum powder.

Pill B. 25% Snail bait/50%industrial bleach/12.5% Cat tranquilizer/12.5% powdered donkey semen.

Which would you rather take?
The amount of drug available may or may not be a problematic issue, it's more designed to weed out toxic compounds passed off as "ecstasy" pills.

Compounds such as PMA, which cannot be differentiated from MDMA (proper ecstasy) in simple home test kits:

PMA (para-methoxyamphetamine)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Para-Methoxyamphetamine

View attachment 600815

The toxicity issue arises from the O-CH3 group featured on the left hand side of the compounds structure, which leads in vivo to the metabolisation of more potent and selective neurotoxins, and the majority of pill overdoses that lead to death.

So it seems more useful in preventing poisoning from other toxins rather than MDMA overdoses.

So it seems more useful in preventing poisoning from other toxins rather than MDMA overdoses.

MDMA overdose is a bit of a fallacy. You are more likely to die from a bee sting.

It is because MDMA has the street name "ecstasy", and all sorts on non MDMA mixtures are sold as "ecstasy" (PMA), that MDMA has received bad press.

There are trials underway to identify it's therapeutic use:

https://adf.org.au/insights/mdma-ptsd/

Remove this Banner Ad

Back