Decriminalisation of drugs... your thoughts?

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Yeah but let's talk reality.

Name anyone in the media calling for pill testing who doesn't expect the government to do it as a free service.

The government created the scenario in the first place, so I figure the onus is on you to explain why they shouldn't.

CheapCharlie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 12, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
Yeah but let's talk reality.

Name anyone in the media calling for pill testing who doesn't expect the government to do it as a free service.

Yeah sorry cat fan I don't really watch mainstream media when it comes to TV so I can't help you there.
When it comes to online news the commentary I've read is about making pill testing legal and not about who must be responsible for paying for it having said that I haven't read articles that say the government must pay for the pill testing just that the government must make it legal.
The problem now is if you want to have your drug tested it is illegal to be holding the drug so why while you might be able to legally test what's in it you can't legally hold the drug you want to test.

CatFan79

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2004
AFL Club
Geelong
The problem now is if you want to have your drug tested it is illegal to be holding the drug so why while you might be able to legally test what's in it you can't legally hold the drug you want to test.

What a conundrum... Gee I wonder what the best solution might be.

Unfortunately common sense is not easily taught to a lot of people. Hopefully these deaths have made some of them reconsider an incredibly bad choice.

CheapCharlie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 12, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
What a conundrum... Gee I wonder what the best solution might be.

Unfortunately common sense is not easily taught to a lot of people. Hopefully these deaths have made some of them reconsider an incredibly bad choice.

Anyway your initial point I was commenting on was that the government had to pay and was responsible financially for the drug testing but that is not the case

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
It was posed as a question. Circumstances suggest the possibility of drug-induced psychosis.

It's "World Weekly News" level stuff.

1548555764714.png

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
If it’s legalised, who becomes legally responsible for the health issues of a bad batch or inherent issues?

If no one, would you also accept big pharma having no responsibility?
You mean like the massive issues we have now with alcohol and prescription drugs dependence and abuse?

You mean like the massive issues we have now with alcohol and prescription drugs dependence and abuse?

The question was specifically about a "BAD BATCH"...a bad batch of alcohol or prescription drugs has consequences for the manufacturer, like a bad batch of any other product.

Which is completely different to the issue of bad use.

Bs, when would a teen stop doing something just because an adult said it was no good for you? :)

Not familiar with the Betoota ??

FWIW , i can't see too many people going out of their way to get their pills tested.
Last thing i'd want to be doing once i got to a festival is line up to get my s**t tested while having some adult staring at you.

FWIW , i can't see too many people going out of their way to get their pills tested.
Last thing i'd want to be doing once i got to a festival is line up to get my s**t tested while having some adult staring at you.
C'mon Crowey, I would do it.

I had bad experience with snow cones back in the day. As long as i could sink bulk piss while standing in line.:drunk::moustache:

C'mon Crowey, I would do it.

I had bad experience with snow cones back in the day. As long as i could sink bulk piss while standing in line.:drunk::moustache:

Don't get me wrong though , i hope if they do implement it that people utilize it.

Depends how they implement it. If it's simply just a tent pitched up in the corner of the festival, then maybe most won't even bother. Most kids are still getting pills and drugs off their usual dealers, with whom they've formed somewhat of a trusting relationship with.

But then there are those who get them off a stranger inside the festival and can't be sure of what they've just bought. That's when they'll go.

If they can be reassured that no cops or security guards are going to bust them as they leave the tents and that there's no stigmatisation around it i.e. people staring, staff with their mum or dad caps on etc. then I see it working. People freely attend the pill testing areas at festivals in Europe, I've seen it with my own eyes. It wasn't even a tent at one of the festivals I was at, just a large table out in the open with security guards around who turned a blind eye.

I reckon it'll be a novelty at first, people just going to get it tested just to support the initiative and for the sake of it. But at least it's there and producing information that could raise awareness of how terrible the quality of drugs really are in this country.

Back