News Dedicated Crows show on Channel 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, you would know about all things boring wouldn't you.

Anyway, sounds interesting enough and I like the sound of more behind the scenes stuff. Is this just on in SA or nation wide?
Presume it will be much like Eagle Vision and will only be seen in SA.

If its done in the same way at the Pies and Dons do theirs then its not a bad marketing tool. Really belongs on Foxtel than on FTA as I cannot see this kind of show rating too well outside a dedicated footy channel like Fox Footy.

EDIT - No Nikki either she lives in Brisbane now for those thinking of the old Crows show in the 90s.:p

If its done in the same way at the Pies and Dons do theirs then its not a bad marketing tool. Really belongs on Foxtel than on FTA as I cannot see this kind of show rating too well outside a dedicated footy channel like Fox Footy.

EDIT - No Nikki either she lives in Brisbane now for those thinking of the old Crows show in the 90s.:p

Great marketing tool, but belongs on Fox Footy? Presumably most people who have the Sport package with Foxtel and who are watching Fox Footy and are watching the Crows Show are already on board With the AFC.

FTA Is where you want to be with regards to marketing and engaging the casual fan.

Just on marketing, would love for Crows Milk to make a return.

Last edited:
Great marketing tool, but belongs on Fox Footy? Presumably most people who have the Sport package with Foxtel and who are watching Fox Footy and are watching the Crows Show are already on board With the AFC.

FTA Is where you want to be with regards to marketing and engaging the casual fan.

Just on marketing, would love for Crows Milk to make a return.

It simply won't rate over time an that will kill the show sooner than anything else.

Ratings rules FTA.

If they thought it wouldn't rate it wouldn't be on.

Good idea and good for the club.

Why not both? It will surely not air in Melbourne so it would be great for it to be on Foxtel as well for interstate viewers like myself. It would also be great to see the club reach out to Adelaide supporters all over Australia. If that's the case and it can be done then I hope they do it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was wondering if I was going to get in first. Nope ;)
i think you'll find that my contract has it written in that i do all the inappropriate jokes around here..

The first thing I picked up on, in Nigel calling us all "customers".

I am not a customer of the club, I am a supporter. Seems Fagan hasn't cleaned out all of the dead wood yet.

Good initiative though.

No doubt Port will accuse us of copying them again. They already have their own show...

CwpId6K.jpg

Probably more like Suns TV (Also on 7 up there, think Post Cards mixed with Footy Plus or something) than the Foxtel shows. Segments like Player of the week - sponsored by On The Run, Players interviewing players sponsored by Beach Energy and school visits sponsored by Foodland. I hope its more than that, its a great opportunity.

They would of saw what Port did with the access behind the scenes which got a lot of positive coverage after it aired (although let them keep the dramatic readings of creeds to emotional music and stuff like that). If they do a lot of stuff like the Draft series they did it will be a good way to create a good image of the club and set positive talking points for radio etc.

Nikki Visser was rough as guts. Used to run her mouth like a sailor. If she had class she would be a star

Nigel is the next to go, surely. So out of touch with everything.

The show will go alright I reckon, but will be interesting to see how long it lasts on a major channel as I can't see the ratings being massive (similar to other local footy shows) so I wouldn't be surprised to see it on 7Two or Mate at some point,if it starts out on 7.

I think for a more footy show FoxFooty is the go, so this show will probably suit the more casual follower who doesn't keep up to date with the club as much thus hoping to turn them into stronger supporters. Good idea, but will be interesting to see how they cater for both types of supporters and how long it can stay on the main FTA channels.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back