News Dedicated Crows show on Channel 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Nikki Visser was rough as guts. Used to run her mouth like a sailor. If she had class she would be a star
YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH!!!! NIKKI WAS A SAINT!

<let's not leave this here or we get in trouble with chief>
just going to leave this here - BRING BACK NIKKI!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

I can't see myself watching this much but at least the Crows will have some marketing presence on TV. It's good promotion and I'm sure the kiddies will get into it. I remember James Brayshaw hosting a Crows TV show back in the day and I'd imagine this will be something similar.

I I'm sure they'll put on some Modra highlight videos every now and then too.

Thoughts?
He should have his own show, his own brewery, be governor and start and Finnish every stage of the tour down under and clipsal.

If its done in the same way at the Pies and Dons do theirs then its not a bad marketing tool. Really belongs on Foxtel than on FTA as I cannot see this kind of show rating too well outside a dedicated footy channel like Fox Footy.

EDIT - No Nikki either she lives in Brisbane now for those thinking of the old Crows show in the 90s.:p

Thank goodness. It would cater to the lowest common denominator if she WAS on it. :p

What did Nigel's tweet say? Doesn't show up here now. Any one take a screen shot of it?

Thank goodness. It would cater to the lowest common denominator if she WAS on it. :p

What did Nigel's tweet say? Doesn't show up here now. Any one take a screen shot of it?

It pointed everyone to a link i think, but said something like, "for all our customers"

referred to crows supporters as customers

I like this initiative. I'll watch it, regardless of how terrible it is. Would be good to have some larrikin type stuff like the players interviewing (and getting stuck into) other players stuff they have on their YouTube channel, always good to see them acting natural.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I probably won't be watching this on TV TBH, they've confirmed that it'll be on the website too and that is just a more convenient way to watch.

Interestingly in the US the way ratings are calculated is a big bone of contention. The networks want to include dvr, website views, and twitter trending etc as part of the calculations. Some already do this in a way, but the 'official' numbers from Nielsen don't include those... yet. There is pressure from the networks regarding the change in viewer patterns. A lot of networks wait until the 7 day dvr results are in before sending out press releases etc on the ratings for shows.

For me the website viewing would be where I am more likely to watch but if 7 are paying for some of the production, it's a smart move from the club.

Watching the Crows show after playing primary school footy while eating a Balfours pie and drinking a Fanta. Those were the days. Then i think it became footy plus when Port came in. Is that where Jimmy Brayshaw got his 1st taste of TV?
i reckon he was already doing the sports reports on 7 before he started on that

Interestingly in the US the way ratings are calculated is a big bone of contention. The networks want to include dvr, website views, and twitter trending etc as part of the calculations. Some already do this in a way, but the 'official' numbers from Nielsen don't include those... yet. There is pressure from the networks regarding the change in viewer patterns. A lot of networks wait until the 7 day dvr results are in before sending out press releases etc on the ratings for shows.

For me the website viewing would be where I am more likely to watch but if 7 are paying for some of the production, it's a smart move from the club.
i think being on FTA also promotes the show. Easy for a purely online show to get lost and never really watched. Whereas being on TV people see the promotion, hear about it more and even if watching online are more so to do so and do so regularly.

Also helps engage with a greater demographic.

Most of any sponsorship $$ made from it will be by sponsoring segments I'm sure (rather than TV commercials) so this wouldn't matter if people are watching on tv or online as they wont be edited out either way

Hopefully the club realises that FTA TV is dying, and work on their digital media presence. They need to beef up their app and website (although I realise both might be covered under the AFL's media rights umbrella). My two pre teen kids both own tablets and are always on YouTube.. my older kid (young adult) doesnt even own a computer and rarely watches TV - mobile is his connection point.

It's good to see the club re-engaging with it's broader supporter base. Hopefully they get up to speed and drive the initiative through modern media channels.

i think being on FTA also promotes the show. Easy for a purely online show to get lost and never really watched. Whereas being on TV people see the promotion, hear about it more and even if watching online are more so to do so and do so regularly.

Also helps engage with a greater demographic.

Most of any sponsorship $$ made from it will be by sponsoring segments I'm sure (rather than TV commercials) so this wouldn't matter if people are watching on tv or online as they wont be edited out either way
I don't see why they can't do that online though. Upload the content with the ads in it, force the user to stream them, regardless if they walk off/stop paying attention like they do with TV.

Really annoys me how slowly the media/film industry has developed with the internet. Rather then working with it, they spend all their time trying to stop people from illegally downloading their content. Offer it up on their sites (as soon as the ep is out, not a week later sort of thing) to be streamed/downloaded and you might find people are willing to pay for it rather then illegally download it. I guess the reason this doesn't happen in part is Fox purchase the rights for these shows so someone like HBO couldn't just put it straight up on their site (unless they were willing to break that deal). Fox will only let you view things online if you have it installed at your house and then you have to get their $$$$ packs with heaps of content you don't want...

Hopefully the club realises that FTA TV is dying, and work on their digital media presence. They need to beef up their app and website (although I realise both might be covered under the AFL's media rights umbrella). My two pre teen kids both own tablets and are always on YouTube.. my older kid (young adult) doesnt even own a computer and rarely watches TV - mobile is his connection point.

It's good to see the club re-engaging with it's broader supporter base. Hopefully they get up to speed and drive the initiative through modern media channels.
you'd hope that each episode gets uploaded to youtube after it's aired

Nigel is the next to go, surely. So out of touch with everything.

The show will go alright I reckon, but will be interesting to see how long it lasts on a major channel as I can't see the ratings being massive (similar to other local footy shows) so I wouldn't be surprised to see it on 7Two or Mate at some point,if it starts out on 7.

I think for a more footy show FoxFooty is the go, so this show will probably suit the more casual follower who doesn't keep up to date with the club as much thus hoping to turn them into stronger supporters. Good idea, but will be interesting to see how they cater for both types of supporters and how long it can stay on the main FTA channels.

It will be interesting how long the show is, there is ways to make this show an interesting one and that would be to cater to both SA teams and to be like some review of the previous round and preview of the upcoming round and discussion around main issues surrounding both SA Clubs.

The show wont survive on C7 as you said for the entire year it will end up on TTwo or Mate. Im predicting it may end up on Foxtel next year.

Initially I feel it will actually rate fairly well. Im sure 7 will place this show just before their telecast if each game which will help its ratings.

only after ole mate Niximus gave him both barrels :thumbsu:
L9Uq1hZ.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back