Toast Dees finish top for first time since 1964; win McClelland Trophy for first time since 1990

Remove this Banner Ad

How the fu** did we win the McLelland in 90'
Was before it was just top - averaged across seniors, ressies and U19s. They changed it the next year.

What the fu** is a mclelland
The McClelland Trophy is an Australian rules football trophy, which has been awarded each year since 1951 by the Australian Football League (known prior to 1990 as the Victorian Football League) to the best-performing club in a regular season, calculated using varying and evolving criteria.
The award was instituted in 1951 and is named after Dr. William C. McClelland, who at that time was president of the Victorian Football League, having previously played for Melbourne from 1898–1904, captaining the club and then serving as a club delegate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

8435c2ed91282bec24d2ab87e814c0da.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Congrats on the minor premiership, been the most consistent team over the season. And what a way to do it too! Dying seconds, max gawn mark. Goal after the siren. And against the cats!

Nice work

Agreed. Time to open the draft and trade thread.
We now can be extra nuffie in the trade thread now. "x will want to come to a successful club" "he will take a massive pay cut to win a flag"

Things I've learned this year from watching the Milwaukee Bucks win the NBA title.

1. It's possible for a basketcase team to stop ******* up and win it all and it will take weeks to sink in.

2. It's ******* weird winning while trapped in your house, ******* sucks you can't party, watch with friends/strangers.

3. It's our turn this year.

I have no idea why, but I suddenly feel like first place should get more than they do
I don’t see why it would be difficult for the AFL to rustle up some meat trays and slabs

Very proud of the club for winning the minor premiership. I almost switched the game off at half time but glad I stuck through it, the final quarter was so exciting!

So glad you outlined in red, otherwise I'd never know what you were talking about.

Very proud of the club for winning the minor premiership. I almost switched the game off at half time but glad I stuck through it, the final quarter was so exciting!
Hahaha I asked my housemate to change it over to the Carlton game after the Rohan goal. Now I'm glad he didn't listen to me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back