Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Trac got benched to start the second quarter because of how s**t his first quarter was. Reckon that's why

Screenshot_20230515_170440_AFL.jpg

Screenshot_20230515_170534_AFL.jpg

Both in the top 5 yet again. Guns
Trac's certainly been closer to his best form over the last 3-4 weeks, albeit against some pretty dire opposition.

Hope he can keep it rolling against the better teams over the next 6-8 weeks

Lampers

Premiership Player
May 27, 2004
Eastside
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
Sometimes I think we need to remind ourselves along with Max we are probably watching the best 3 demons most of us will ever see.
It feels so foreign to have the footy media and general public not bat an eyelid when Gawn, Trac and Oliver are put forward as top 10 players in the league, if not in the top 5 at certain times.

Melbourne went decades without an acknowledged top 10 or even top 20 player in the league.

We shouldn’t take it for granted and take the time to enjoy watching them each week.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s not too long before we are back to no acknowledged league level champion players in the side for another decade.

Did a quick count up to see where all Melbourne players are at.

Petracca 43
Oliver 38
Viney 13
Pickett 12
Grundy 12
Gawn 11
Lever 11
Chandler 6
Langdon 6
Rivers 6
Brayshaw 5
Hibberd 4
McDonald 2
Hunter 1
May 1

Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Did a quick count up to see where all Melbourne players are at.

Petracca 43
Oliver 38
Viney 13
Pickett 12
Grundy 12
Gawn 11
Lever 11
Chandler 6
Langdon 6
Rivers 6
Brayshaw 5
Hibberd 4
McDonald 2
Hunter 1
May 1
I’ve always said that Tom McDonald was twice the player Steven May is and now the facts back me up.

Yeah I have a sneaky Jack is leading the BnF right now
You would think the coaches votes would be pretty accurate so I would be highly surprised if that was the case

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

You would think the coaches votes would be pretty accurate so I would be highly surprised if that was the case

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk
Gotta remember that the Bluey is that weird system where everyone gets votes, the ranking system is far less clear

Gotta remember that the Bluey is that weird system where everyone gets votes, the ranking system is far less clear
valid point.

I could see it more if Viney was a tad closer on the coaches votes

Lampers

Premiership Player
May 27, 2004
Eastside
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
Bluey system rewards consistency as every player has a chance to receive between 0 and 40 votes each game - four coaches giving every player 0-10 scores.

The AFL coaches award instead rewards outstanding performance or the most influential players. If both coaches give identical scores, the best player on the ground (10 votes) will get fives times the votes of the fifth best player on the ground (2 votes) and the sixth best players gets no votes.

Not to mention the coaches award is across both teams, and the B&F is obviously just Melbourne players.

The gap reflected in the coaches award voting is much larger than what we will see in the B&F. The coaches award is still going to be a pretty decent guide though to the order, especially at the top end as the gap at the moment is huge between Petracca and Oliver, then to the rest.

Petracca had a reasonable game, was very explosive. His kicking was s**t hit the game was a slopfest and every mid lowered their colours on both sides. No idea how he got 8 votes though. Gus and Gawn - LOL

Petracca had a reasonable game, was very explosive. His kicking was s**t hit the game was a slopfest and every mid lowered their colours on both sides. No idea how he got 8 votes though. Gus and Gawn - LOL
Yeah he was the only one getting our midfield going most of the time.

Stupid though as the defence was the only reason we were in it at all.

Back