Toast Dees in the coaches' votes - 2023 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

On a side note I've got $100 (mostly bonus bets) on Trac @$17 for the brownlow in pre season

Could be worse bets

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

Gawn is coming like a freight train for another AA spot. English probably has the ruck sewn up, but Gawn is putting together some huge games.

Think he's definitely in the squad and has a chance at a sneaky bench spot with another few good games (on a combination of overall form and name factor).

Angus Brayshaw? You're absolutely shitting me
Screams of they were invested in the game then just checked the stats sheet after

Angus Brayshaw? You're absolutely shitting me
Screams of they were invested in the game then just checked the stats sheet after
Strange all round. Viney has been outstanding recently, but thought his game on the weekend was fairly average. Missed a ton of targets and his tackle numbers were way lower than usual.

Pickett and Hunter the clear standouts for me (can't believe the latter didn't poll a vote), Trac and Chandler next best.

Goodwin should have just given Trac the 5 since he put him on the bench for the whole last quarter
We lose without Trac or Koz but let's give the votes to a bloke no one noticed

Its all they ever do. Dont know why people think the coaches award is any different to the Brownlow.

I heard some theories earlier in the year that the coaches votes may not necessarily be done by the senior coach. Some discrepencies with how coaches have spoken about players post games compared to the votes. Wouldn't surprise me at all to be honest if a lot of the coaches couldn't give two shits about it.

Last edited:
I liked Brayshaw's game. Pretty impressive getting near 40 touches in three quarters of a game. Most of all though he spent nearly all of his time not kicking so he didn't do any of his duel-sided butchery. Still wouldn't have had him in my top 2 or 3, but he was good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I heard some theories earlier in the year that the coaches votes may not necessarily be done by the senior coach. Some discrepencies with how coaches have spoken about players post games compared to the votes. Wouldn't surprise me at all to be honest if a lot of the coaches couldn't give two shits about it.
I reckon it's probably just handed to Emo-stats-guy or whoever can be ****ed at the end of the game.

Regardless of whether the award is meaningful or not the prospect of a Melbourne player winning it for the third time in a row and fourth time in six years is truly beautiful. Who could have dreamed of this ten years ago?

We lose without Trac or Koz but let's give the votes to a bloke no one noticed

Trac has played his most impactful footy of the season the past 4 or 5 weeks and has zero BOGs to show for it. Disgusted..

I thought Gus played really well tbh. Not surprised at all he got the most votes. The public have way more respect for votes given by coaches who know wtf the players are meant to be doing, than the umpires. It's much more in Line with the public viewpoint than the umpires. Taranto for instance is like 4th fave for the Brownlow, yet 13th in the coaches votes. I just think it's a truer indication of who's been the best player. I mean to suggest the coaches have NFI is one of the dumber things I've heard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back