Rumour Dees pull out of tough training camp

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Lost their authority? Yet to see.
2. Jack Watts? You've got zero proof they're pissed off. You're speculating.
3. No enjoyment for the players. You've got zero proof. You're speculating.

So basically your assumptions that he will be gone is based on some pretty speculative statements that you've got no evidence or proof to bring to the discussion.

Whilst the training camp incident isn't IDEAL there is no need to draw a bow as long as what has been drawn in this thread. It's not disastrous and doesn't mean he has lost the players.
I dunno mate,it's not a good sign.Like I say this kind of thing is unprecedented. The camp was legit and run by police officers , the players told the coach its too tough for us,the coach said bad luck toughen up, the players said we'll show you and we're going above your head to the AFLPA

Yeah, you've been leading for 37 years. God you're a bunch of self serving arrogant campaigners. You crawl out of the hole after almost 40 years and carry on like you have since you won. You're just petulant, absolutely petulant with no humility.

This generation? Please, if you want to continue to make an issue out of something that'll be history in 4 weeks, be my guest.

You've just used this to buy into the whole 'Melbourne are soft' narrative. You actually have an agenda. It's so obvious. The worst thing to happen to BF was you winning, id have rather GC or GWS won if I knew you'd carry on like this.

Pathetic.
557552-tlsnewslandscape.jpg
Suffer in ya jocks.

I dunno mate,it's not a good sign.Like I say this kind of thing is unprecedented. The camp was legit and run by police officers , the players told the coach its too tough for us,the coach said bad luck toughen up, the players said we'll show you and we're going above your head to the AFLPA
Look, I can understand the thought process, but it really isn't necessarily going to lead to Goodwin getting sacked.

If that was the case then the players would’ve felt comfortable going to him and voicing their concerns and he would’ve acted on those concerns but instead it’s somehow ended up at the AFLPA. That contradicts what you’ve just said.

There's 2 news articles about this (even though you're all so informed on the events), one is from Sporting News which is as factual as WW2 account by the US and one from the age and i quote...

"Melbourne players sought COUNSEL from the AFL Players' Association"

"Fairfax Media understands that Melbourne players met with the AFLPA to seek GUIDANCE on how to approach the situation with the club"

So basically the players sort "COUNSEL & GUIDANCE" from past senior players elected to "COUNSEL & GUIDE" them about "HOW TO APPROACH THE SITUATUION"

Does this not show a level of maturity that they were seeking such guidance.

So lets say we just shelve this thread till september and i assure you all that i'll be the one back here being told off for "reraising an old thread and trolling" which i'll call gloating

PS sorry about the edit, phone is playing up

Surely it could have easily played out like this

- Coaches tell players there is training camp
- players concerned due to injuries last year
- leadership group approaches coaches and fitness staff explaining issues
- a resolution is found

Or alternatively
- coaches tell players there is a training camp coming up
- players who have achieved nothing at a club who hasn’t played finals since 2006 accept schedule as it may assist with you know... winning games.

Thought jay
There's 2 news articles about this (even though you're all so informed on the events), one is from Sporting News which is as factual as WW2 account by the US and one from the age and i quote...

"Melbourne players sought COUNSEL from the AFL Players' Association"

"Fairfax Media understands that Melbourne players met with the AFLPA to seek GUIDANCE on how to approach the situation with the club"

So basically the players sort "COUNSEL & GUIDANCE" from past senior players elected to "COUNSEL & GUIDE" them about "HOW TO APPROACH THE SITUATUION"

Does this not show a level of maturity that they were seeking such guidance.

So lets say we just shelve this thread till september and i assure you all that i'll be the one back here being told off for "reraising an old thread and trolling" which i'll call gloating

PS sorry about the edit, phone is playing up

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Would’ve thought guidance would’ve been via the leadership group to the coaches rather than the AFLPA.

Off season is an interesting place to be.

Mountains out of molehills, as usual with current rumours/media/your mate told you.

Anyone fancy playing Melbourne 22 times next year instead of a bunch of other teams? Is the affected culture going to impact on Viney ripping you a new one in the midfield, Petracca monstering whoever is tracking him, and Hogan putting your best shutdown KPD in his back pocket?

I don't particularly like Melbourne, but they'll dish out a few canings this year. And it won't be because they climbed more sand dunes than your team.

Thought jay

Would’ve thought guidance would’ve been via the leadership group to the coaches rather than the AFLPA.
So i ask you... if you were concerned about approaching the Mrs about something that you werent quite sure a) how to approach the subject or b) if you even should approach it (i use this sxample as weve all been here).
Would you go to your wife about how/if you should or someone you consider to be good "COUNSEL" to get good "GUIDANCE"?

*drops the mic

BOOM!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So i ask you... if you were concerned about approaching the Mrs about something that you werent quite sure a) how to approach the subject or b) if you even should approach it (i use this sxample as weve all been here).
Would you go to your wife about how/if you should or someone you consider to be good "COUNSEL" to get good "GUIDANCE"?

*drops the mic

BOOM!

Must be a low standard at open mic where you're from......

Look, I can understand the thought process, but it really isn't necessarily going to lead to Goodwin getting sacked.
When there is a significant disconnect between the coach & players requiring the intervention of independent organisation, it's unlikely to end well for the coach.

How is this relevant to you? I am responding to a North fan. Don't be a sheep mate just cause it's easy to follow.
This is an open forum ....if you don't want other supporters to comment, then take the thread to your club board .......sometimes you'e just have to accept some home truths about your club

All i said is that Melb is the last club to be preaching to any other club ......and for that matter their supporters

Well the fact is you've just made some big calls without backing it up, I've admitted this is the first case I've heard.
I simply said all other 17 clubs sort these things in-house .......You just, agreed with me, so i guess it wasn't that big a call ?????

I simply said all other 17 clubs sort these things in-house .......You just, agreed with me, so i guess it wasn't that big a call ?????
No, I said it was that first case I've heard of, not the first case that MAY have happened. And you don't know for a fact that it hasn't happened either. If you did, you'd show me a link.

Off season is an interesting place to be.

Mountains out of molehills, as usual with current rumours/media/your mate told you.

Anyone fancy playing Melbourne 22 times next year instead of a bunch of other teams? Is the affected culture going to impact on Viney ripping you a new one in the midfield, Petracca monstering whoever is tracking him, and Hogan putting your best shutdown KPD in his back pocket?

I don't particularly like Melbourne, but they'll dish out a few canings this year. And it won't be because they climbed more sand dunes than your team.

I really rate Melbourne. Been on their bandwagon for a couple years. I think they've built a near complete squad.

BUT, their Coach clearly thinks they need to get mentally tougher as a group. He has been very clear on that throughout the Jack Watts dumping, and his feelings on the need for this camp also seem very clear.

Either he is right, or they are being coached by an idiot.

The players have delivered their verdict. Watts was defiant to the end and now the playing group have followed through.

So Goodwin still defending his program, despite players rejecting it ........i'e heard the Commando Camp has now been replaced with a new training program

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back