Review Dees v Aints - the Good, Bad & Fugly - Rd 2, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

I really like the flexibility with May/Lever/Tomlinson. Tomlinson as TheCount says has a massive tank so can play on the guys who push right up to the wings, May can play on just about anyone and Lever takes the 2nd/3rd forward.
Gives our smalls so much space to intercept and mop up too. It’s actually more fun watching our defence than attack atm, at least against the pox sides

I'm just rewatching now, there is a bit in the 3rd qrt, when Kossie cuts off the inboard kick and has a shot from about 50 ... Then I'm pretty sure he clones himself, as he just keeps popping up on screen every couple of seconds pressuring and threatening to kick or set up a goal.

Kozzie the best pure talent in red and blue since the Wizard. The fact that he seems to have the old man’s work ethic and hardness to go with it means his ceiling is stratospheric. Kudos to Jason Taylor on the boldness of this pick. At least half a dozen other clubs will now be spewing they didn’t pull the trigger on him.

Also, Clarry is back. What a player. Worth every penny of $850k x 5yrs.
Jurrah mate - star

One thing that would worry me as a saints fan is I felt we made them look very small at ground level. Yeah we had their measure in the air but they got done in those clutch contest scenarios when the ball hit the deck. Don’t feel like we did that at all to Freo but the Saints were monstered.

One thing that would worry me as a saints fan is I felt we made them look very small at ground level. Yeah we had their measure in the air but they got done in those clutch contest scenarios when the ball hit the deck. Don’t feel like we did that at all to Freo but the Saints were monstered.

Gawn and Tomlinson did that. If the ball hits the deck and there's more scrambles then our defence might look to tall. Game being played in the air helped us

I mean the ground balls, not the balls in the air. Their mids looked very small against ours.
Oh I got you.
Yeah they don't have any power mids, Jack Steele I suppose.
They should be throwing a contract at Gus with the promise of being a starting on baller.

The Hawks battled okay against Richmond - with literally half the capacity of the team they were up against. But I would like to thump them in the manner we did last year. I would like to thump anyone though...
Hawks controlled the play all day but simply couldnt break through Richmond's defence and couldn't stop them on transition.

Oh I got you.
Yeah they don't have any power mids, Jack Steele I suppose.
They should be throwing a contract at Gus with the promise of being a starting on baller.
Brad Crouch should help once fit

We could win five straight but if we then lose to Richmond because of inside 50 efficiency or similar the ‘we won’t make finals’ feeling will still come back.
This post so reminds me of this line from the song Hotel California: 'You can check out anytime you like but you can never leave.'

The felling never really goes it's just masked by a silhouette of hope.

GWS and Hawks games are banana peels I can see coming a mile off, especially the Hawks.
* Hawforn. We will beat those pricks and their dwarf-tyrant.

This post so reminds me of this line from the song Hotel California: 'You can check out anytime you like but you can never leave.'

The felling never really goes it's just masked by a silhouette of hope.
Oliver could hit Brown on the chest when we’re a 100 points up and I’d still want him dropped

" Alex Neal-Bullen (28) and Charlie Spargo (22) combined for 50 pressure acts against the saints".

This sort of pressure is what wins games and it's a regular part of ANB's game. That's why he holds his place in the team despite his perceived deficiencies.
As for Spargo, his pressure and his ability to lower the eyes and consistently find a target inside 50 makes him our most improved player this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weid is going to have to earn a spot with the way TMac and Jackson have started. Talk of TMac pushing to a wing before Weid got injured, but I much prefer Brayshaw there. Bring Weid back through the VFL until form decides.
But really, Gus is underperforming at present. Lost his mojo.

Jurrah mate - star

Jurrah was flashy no doubt but this lad Kozzie has a thirst for the contest to go with the lightning pace and freakish skills. Early days but He’s got more strings to his bow than Jurrah this kid. Potential to be a long term star of the competition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back