Sylvia Saint

Cancelled
May 20, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Crusaders
Dead rubber, last quarter fade out, 3 fresh injuries to players who were playing well. Not much to take from today.

I'm generally an optimist and I'll always take winning over losing but that was porridge.

Petty has been the villain on here but I think he showed more tricks in three quarters today than OMac has shown in 3 years.

Was there - can I get an injury update?
Hore -broken collarbone
Mcdonald- miniscus
Petty- not sure but missed half thegame

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

deeco

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 3, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Fugly: hope winning doesnt paper over the chasms we have with our game...

Tempy Tiger

Premiership Player
Sep 18, 2006
AFL Club
Melbourne
Gee there are some negative Nancies on here.

We were more efficient going forward for three quarters, Preuss played alright with no Gawn and we managed to hold on when everything was going against us.

Three down on the bench for over a quarter isn’t easy.
And we were playing Carlton. And they had Silvagni. And they had Casboult.

Jamurp

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Melbourne
Felt like that game v Gold Coast in 2015 where Lynch has a pop after the siren to win.

Probably the worst result, would rather have lost if only for the morbid curiosity of the aftermath.

Just a disaster of a season, at least we should get a top 10 pick.

Deelighted

Club Legend
Aug 2, 2009
AFL Club
Melbourne
Could rant about that game but would just be repeating sentiments from virtually every game day thread in the last couple of years (with our usual wasted i50s replaced with wasted set shots).

Frost was a positive again. Used to crap myself when he'd leave his man and try to intercept now it's actually a weapon.

Stu_Hibachi

Debutant
Apr 9, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United. Celtic
Could rant about that game but would just be repeating sentiments from virtually every game day thread in the last couple of years (with our usual wasted i50s replaced with wasted set shots).

Frost was a positive again. Used to crap myself when he'd leave his man and try to intercept now it's actually a weapon.
I crap myself just before he kicks it though

saj_21

Cancelled
Melbourne Board Tipping Champion
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
I almost take more out of winning it with one on the bench in the last as opposed to the poor defensive efforts in the first 3 quarters.

Back