Review Dees v Big Jack's Hacks: the Good, Bad & Very Fugly // Rd 16, 2019

Demon bhoy

Club Legend
Oct 7, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Could rant about that game but would just be repeating sentiments from virtually every game day thread in the last couple of years (with our usual wasted i50s replaced with wasted set shots).

Frost was a positive again. Used to crap myself when he'd leave his man and try to intercept now it's actually a weapon.
He did frost it up in the last with 2 of the more stupid things you’ll see on a footy field

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
There were no winners at the G today. Best thing to do would be to drop a disco biscuit and wash away the PTSD.

You forgot Adelaide, only ones smiling about the result.

Feb 18, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Brian Taylor had no idea of the rules the other night when he was having a rant about the clock not counting down after it had been kicked out on the full. Similar incident today with Gibbons in the last when he kicked his goal. In this case the clock should of been counting as he took a mark but it stopped for the whole time until he kicked the ball. Those 30 odd seconds off the clock would of been nice at the end.

Charlie_s123

Premium Platinum
Jun 1, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Ups and downs, but did well to get the win. Icy from Jayden for that match winner and if he’d done a few things a little better would have had a great game. Good to see TMac back, then gone again. Bad news about Hore, but liked some stuff that Dunkley did.
I was feeling a bit down about it all watching the last qtr but having had some time to compose a win for the Dees always makes the week a little brighter !

Tjblues

Team Captain
Feb 11, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Minnesota Vikings
Apologies on behalf of anyone blaming the umpires. Was at the game with a Melbourne supporting friend and we both found that our initial frustration was usually misguided on a second viewing. You probably got a couple in the first half and we got a few in the last quarter so it all just about evens itself out.
The one with setters late is touch and go but if he marks it first grab like he should it’s a non issue. Late in the game players should win games with skill not umpiring decisions.

deeco

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 3, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Apologies on behalf of anyone blaming the umpires. Was at the game with a Melbourne supporting friend and we both found that our initial frustration was usually misguided on a second viewing. You probably got a couple in the first half and we got a few in the last quarter so it all just about evens itself out.
The one with setters late is touch and go but if he marks it first grab like he should it’s a non issue. Late in the game players should win games with skill not umpiring decisions.
We definitely got some soft s**t in the first half, and you guys managed to get some very lenient interpretation of prior opportunity in the 4th. 26-26 free kick count really summarises that no one copped a Subiaco-esque reaming...

Am enjoying reading all the salt on your board tho :$

Pedantic

Club Legend
Jun 7, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
What an atrocious game of footy, deplorable skills by both sides. The only silver lining is that as bad as we get Carlton are still worse and going nowhere.

swishy

Senior List
Sep 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
NY Knicks, NAFC
Carlton fans are still happy because they scored 100 yet they still lost. When you go for that rabble of a club, expectations are at an all time low.

The other bonus is that Jordan Lewis, across the expanse of his career, gives the Carlton morons another reason to hate him and call him "the Dog."

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
I've never seen anyone that enjoys laying out carlton players more than Lewy.

He also likes demolishing Goldstein, for whatever reason.

That was both very brave and very bad. Only just got home and watched. A few observations:

Jones has found touch behind the ball. Looks like he's found the pace of the game again and his kicking is good again.

Petracca had a great game, played to his strengths again.

Oliver had some huge moments. Haven't seen the stats, but I assume he touched it more than I remember. Fought hard.

Hibberd's effort against Setterfield late.

Frost's marking was really good, reckon he had a better game than May.

Hannan is still well out of touch.

TMac was amazing, could have had eight in three quarters and probably would have if he'd stayed on.

Viney, Brayshaw both cracked in.

ANB needs to do the fundamentals better.

Petty took some great marks, but got murdered twice by Jack Silvagni in two minutes.

Dunkley looks clever.

Lockhart was a bit down.

Hunt had a few poor efforts, but stood up when it counted and kicked three. Would love to see him back himself in every time he marks I50 unless there's a gimme goal for someone else on offer.

Hore :(

Preuss was bloody impressive. In what world is Tim Smith worth a game above Preuss?

Weideman was so so bad. Wish he could get it together.

saj_21

Cancelled
Melbourne Board Tipping Champion
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
That was both very brave and very bad. Only just got home and watched. A few observations:

Jones has found touch behind the ball. Looks like he's found the pace of the game again and his kicking is good again.

Petracca had a great game, played to his strengths again.

Oliver had some huge moments. Haven't seen the stats, but I assume he touched it more than I remember. Fought hard.

Hibberd's effort against Setterfield late.

Frost's marking was really good, reckon he had a better game than May.

Hannan is still well out of touch.

TMac was amazing, could have had eight in three quarters and probably would have if he'd stayed on.

Viney, Brayshaw both cracked in.

ANB needs to do the fundamentals better.

Petty took some great marks, but got murdered twice by Jack Silvagni in two minutes.

Dunkley looks clever.

Lockhart was a bit down.

Hunt had a few poor efforts, but stood up when it counted and kicked three. Would love to see him back himself in every time he marks I50 unless there's a gimme goal for someone else on offer.

Hore :(

Preuss was bloody impressive. In what world is Tim Smith worth a game above Preuss?

Weideman was so so bad. Wish he could get it together.

Smith and preuss are complete opposites. Smith is agile and can provide pressure, preuss still struggles as soon as the ball is outside his area. He got better as the game went on.

Viney had a big last quarter and was pretty pivotal in some big moments

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
I crap myself just before he kicks it though
Oh god yes.

Every ******* game now. He’s getting a bit of the ball now as a marking defender and I go yay when he grabs it, but five seconds later when he’s summing up his kick in options I just close my eyes and pray

Oct 11, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Reckon Hannan was a bit lucky we won today. Maybe he didn't see Brayshaw to the side when he got that bounce but to have a ping from 60m with 3 on 1 in our favour and nothing but space ahead was pretty ballsy. Thought he would've held it up a bit then popped a ball over the top for an easy mark to Bray to milk the clock. But easier said from my perspective 6 hrs later on the couch than in the moment.
Good: Oliver lowering the eyes to Hunt when the long dump was most expected at that time in the game. That's quality composure.

Back