Review Dees v Bombers - the Good, Bad & Fugly.

Remove this Banner Ad

When Oliver is playing really well, it seems to be when he's handballing to a player ahead of the play instead of handballing backwards.

I was thinking the exact same thing when early in the second they pointed out Merrett had 20 odd disposals and that we should tag him. I was like why? He's not doing anything with them them. It was a fu** load of junk touches and short kicks. He can be a good player but he could have had 70 and we still would have won easily. No other sport on earth cares about disposals counts.
Nothing illustrated how little damage he was doing than when he was already up to 10 touches, yet the team only had like 1 disposal in their forward half.

I was listening to radio commentary for Luke Darcy reasons, but they didn't pick up why we had no desire to tag him

Yeah look Oliver was making me tear my hair out on the weekend. The whole recieve a handball, spin around in a circle then handball back to a teammate under immense pressure was absolutely infuriating.

Love Oliver, but that s**t seriously needs to stop as it cost us 2 goal directly from him doing this.

It's ******* annoying, he holds onto the ball longer these days in general and he takes more steps but he has lost the ability to produce a handball like that one against GC years ago on the left.
I reckon the team first stuff has gone too deep into his brain. He’s a good instinctive footballer but attempting to engage his slightly low-density grey matter does him no favours. I can literally see him over thinking it every time with ball in hand, and he misses the obvious option, wastes time and then has to spin around to offload a handball backwards to a player in trouble. He needs a bit of arrogance back at this point

It's ******* annoying, he holds onto the ball longer these days in general and he takes more steps but he has lost the ability to produce a handball like that one against GC years ago on the left.

You got the highlight somewhere?

I reckon the team first stuff has gone too deep into his brain. He’s a good instinctive footballer but attempting to engage his slightly low-density grey matter does him no favours. I can literally see him over thinking it every time with ball in hand, and he misses the obvious option, wastes time and then has to spin around to offload a handball backwards to a player in trouble. He needs a bit of arrogance back at this point

Thats what I loved about his Adelaide game. Felt like all instinct. Honestly reckon if he can get it together he has a higher ceiling than Petracca.

Thats what I loved about his Adelaide game. Felt like all instinct. Honestly reckon if he can get it together he has a higher ceiling than Petracca.

I’ve had my issues with both at times, but now realize I’m fortunate to get to watch both each week.

Just catching up on the replay now... * me! That bit where Slick shoves some essendon prick into a goal post, then Tommy Mac kicks the ball.. OVER HIS HEAD!!! for a goal, amazing stuff. Only thing I didn't like about that play was Slick didn't put his face right into Hind while he was on his arse just to "let him know about it". Tommy Mac's celebration was a little on the reserved side too, would have loved him to flex his biceps, put his hand to his ear Hulk Hogan style but still, what a ripper piece of football!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back