Review Dees v Brisbane Lions: the Good, Bad & Fugly on Friday Night with the Cosmos watching on - Round 12, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Sure - but after 47 games he had only 59 (or so goals). Its not that different. Geelong carried him early... sure Weid has taken longer to get to the games tally - but he has had a fair bit more injury interruption.

For mine, he's struggling under the pressure of wanting to stay in the team and doesnt have a heap of confidence. Hes performing worse than he should as a result - so many almost marks and almost goals... but that failing under pressure isnt great either - speaks poorly of him needing to kick clutch goals in future (which weve seen before).

Weve seen him take great marks and under less pressure is a good kick for goal... i think he can do it... just got to find a way to block out the noise in his head.
He isn't failing one bit.
He is being too hard on himself, wanting to do more than is really required of hm.

All in all, I agree, he is marking himself too harshly; Hindering his own confidence.

Best game I’ve ever seen from Trac.

All hail king goody.

I am really wondering just how much difference Choc Williams has made.
Watched when the team came back into the rooms and he hugged almost every player and was genuinely excited for each of them.
He seems to have become part of the soul of the place.

How great was it that Brisbane tried to bash us up in the early parts of the game to try and intimidate us only for us to absorb it and smash them in the second half.

Review points from finally watching the replay:
- with the lions getting good supply their forward line was looking very dangerous. Daniher and Hipwood taking marks, Hipwood screening out Lever and their small forwards all popping up. We defended just ok, but their forwards showed they could get on top of our backs so midfield battle is crucial. They’ll be better with a fully match fit Lachie Neale.
- the lions didn’t have a match for Jackson. He had strong impact from his possessions in the first half. His clearance handballs are a real feature. Omac was getting beaten by both him and Max.
- Petracca was huge, we know that. Such a bull. Love the big fend offs.
- Petty was solid. Benefiting from the continuity and clear role.
- Weideman needs the same opportunity and I think Goody will back him in too.
- Very even team performance. Sparrow stepped in seamlessly, Melksham the only one you could say deserves to be dropped.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How great was it that Brisbane tried to bash us up in the early parts of the game to try and intimidate us only for us to absorb it and smash them in the second half.

They tried to do what Adelaide did to us, the umpires seemed to actually be onto it though and paid a couple of frees against them early, particularly to Gawn.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back