Review Dees v Brisbane Lions: the Good, Bad & Fugly on Friday Night with the Cosmos watching on - Round 12, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Love your deep breathing ANB avatar. Deepest breather in the league by a Toorak mile
Toorak mile will be getting a fair ******* shake to all my s**t campaigner mates if we finish top of the ladder btw

All class.

I came on here to congratulate you on your win but I defended one of our players who I believed was one of our better one's on the night.

I'll let myself out and close the door on the way.
tbh you came in here like a toddler who hasn't had a nap thinking we were potting your blokes because you were angry you lost. Not sure what you thought you'd achieve but good luck for the rest of the season and take a chill pill it's just footy, at least you can go to the pub :tearsofjoy:

All class.

I came on here to congratulate you on your win but I defended one of our players who I believed was one of our better one's on the night.

A bit of an over reaction no doubt. But the celebratory mood in here at the time wouldnā€™t allow for that kind of nonsense.

Good luck the rest of the season.

At this point of Weid isn't the answer maybe we just don't have a FF. Clearly we don't need a high functioning one to win a game and to be honest our forward half looked at its best all season last night with Weid doing stuff all.
Don't want to get into a Jimmy Toumpas style stouch with A11dAtP0w3R again, but Weid will be our Hawkins if this team chases any type of sustained success. Feels like he will be still finding his feet as the rest of the team is clicking and if they push on he will come in with a wet sail 2-3 years later if we hold onto him. He's faster and more mobile than Brown, he makes it to more contests, he actually impacts EVERY contest he makes it to, if he doesn't mark it he is making sure that the opposition isn't getting an easy one. If he tightens up his yips infront of goal and actually clunks the marks like he is in the VFL he's worth sticking with. Until we have an actual out and out forward come and impose themselves (which we don't have anyone capable on the list,) I'd persist.

Don't want to get into a Jimmy Toumpas style stouch with A11dAtP0w3R again, but Weid will be our Hawkins if this team chases any type of sustained success. Feels like he will be still finding his feet as the rest of the team is clicking and if they push on he will come in with a wet sail 2-3 years later if we hold onto him. He's faster and more mobile than Brown, he makes it to more contests, he actually impacts EVERY contest he makes it to, if he doesn't mark it he is making sure that the opposition isn't getting an easy one. If he tightens up his yips infront of goal and actually clunks the marks like he is in the VFL he's worth sticking with. Until we have an actual out and out forward come and impose themselves (which we don't have anyone capable on the list,) I'd persist.

He's closer to Cam Mooney for mine. Just a powerful bloke that lets others play around him. He plays exactly nothing like Hawkins lol

The ridiculous - we're 12 matches into the season and have led in every single minute* of gametime in last quarters.

(*Tex's goal was kicked with 45 seconds left so it's correct haha)

I bet you don't, look how that worked out for you :p

We mostly did it to ourselves, but with the way that Crows game ended, itā€™s kind of hard not to be a little salty.

He's closer to Cam Mooney for mine. Just a powerful bloke that lets others play around him. He plays exactly nothing like Hawkins lol
Didn't mean the way he plays, just he'll take longer to come on and do actual forward things

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is quite the myth
Weid has 47 games, 49 goals in his 6th season

Hawkins 91 games, 189 goals in his 6th.
Sure - but after 47 games he had only 59 (or so goals). Its not that different. Geelong carried him early... sure Weid has taken longer to get to the games tally - but he has had a fair bit more injury interruption.

For mine, he's struggling under the pressure of wanting to stay in the team and doesnt have a heap of confidence. Hes performing worse than he should as a result - so many almost marks and almost goals... but that failing under pressure isnt great either - speaks poorly of him needing to kick clutch goals in future (which weve seen before).

Weve seen him take great marks and under less pressure is a good kick for goal... i think he can do it... just got to find a way to block out the noise in his head.

Sure - but after 47 games he had only 59 (or so goals). Its not that different. Geelong carried him early... sure Weid has taken longer to get to the games tally - but he has had a fair bit more injury interruption.
He had 65 after 47 games and he was younger.
He also took 233 marks in his 3rd and 4th season

Weid has 167 in his career

He had 65 after 47 games and he was younger.
He also took 233 marks in his 3rd and 4th season

Weid has 167 in his career

Playing in a far better side than Melbourne has been... there are plenty of factors at play here - im not disagreeing with you btw - i think he needs to step up a lot. But our small forwards are kicking goals from his dropped marks - cos they fall to the front (at least one for Kossie this week and at least one for Jordan last week).

Im not sure BBB gives that if he doesnt mark it...

Playing in a far better side than Melbourne has been... there are plenty of factors at play here - im not disagreeing with you btw - i think he needs to step up a lot. But our small forwards are kicking goals from his dropped marks - cos they fall to the front (at least one for Kossie this week and at least one for Jordan last week).

Im not sure BBB gives that if he doesnt mark it...
I'm not arguing he isn't better than Brown for our team because he is. Just don't see a young Tom Hawkins in him.

If he can be a Mooney style that'll do.

I'm not arguing he isn't better than Brown for our team because he is. Just don't see a young Tom Hawkins in him.

If he can be a Mooney style that'll do.
Sorry about comparing him to people. Just a man with a drunken dream... a drunken dream that we'd have a bonafied star full forward someday who can kick bags. Till then I'll take him over Ben Brown and his absolute lack of any benefit to the team. Hopefully TMac can get the job done until he figures out why he can be a superhero at VFL and completely loses all confidence in the AFL.

All class.

You believed wrong and you should feel bad.

Enjoy your win but there's no need to pay out on one of our better players, He kicked a beautiful goal, shaved the post twice and worked hard all game.

That 1.4 might be 5 .0 next time we play you

I especially enjoyed the lace out pass to Melksham with 4 minutes left in the last, which followed up with a non-effort in a subsequent marking content leading to our last goal :thumbsu:

I wasn't even that concerned at half time, I think I've finally accepted that we are a good side. You just can't ignore it anymore. Even in the second quarter you could feel us grinding the game back towards how we wanted to play. By midway through the 3rd it was all ours and we kept going.

I ******* love that teams have to play every minute every quarter against us, we didn't even play that bad against Adelaide they literally played as well as they can.

Basically they were just us stepping in some dog sh*t on the way to the finals.

Had a similar feeling, if they didn't get more than 4 goals up we were always right in the game, we seemed to play accordingly too. Every time they got 3 goals or so up we seemed to lift our intensity and stop the run, it's like we know our comfort zone is around that margin, and we're happy knowing we'll be running on top of the ground in the last quarter while the opposition wilts

Thatā€™s all well and good in round 12. Letā€™s see how they feel being down 20 at halftime of a final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back