Review Dees v Carrrrlton: the Good, Bad & Fair Dinkum Ugly in a Fall from Grace - Rd 9, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

No mentions but I thought Harmes looked powerful in this game. Stuck a couple of huge tackles on Cripps and Curnow that stopped them in their tracks.
Nearly getting to the Harmes of old since returning. I'd like him to get on the end of some goals as I think when he's kicking a few snags is when you know he's really on. But good signs for sure...

No mentions but I thought Harmes looked powerful in this game. Stuck a couple of huge tackles on Cripps and Curnow that stopped them in their tracks.
Harmes' effort and tackling has never been in doubt, bit his decisions on disposal are a level down from the rest of our mids. I thought he was slow too, but he got some fast bullets away - which highlighted how slow Brayshaw's decision making is.

For some reason I wasn’t paying attention to this on the day - was Petty playing on Casboult? Every time I saw him he seemed to be playing as the last man in defence on his own, but I’m assuming Lever didn’t take Casboult aside from that one incident where he got outbodied.

For some reason I wasn’t paying attention to this on the day - was Petty playing on Casboult? Every time I saw him he seemed to be playing as the last man in defence on his own, but I’m assuming Lever didn’t take Casboult aside from that one incident where he got outbodied.
That's one of the few times I remember seeing Casboult at all tbh, so easy to miss

Channel 7 have gone the way of Channel 9s old cricket coverage once Richie retired. Just a handful of annoying commentators unaware that their schtick isn’t funny or insightful supplemented by recent retirees and current players who nobody has ever wanted in the commentary box and are only there for some kind of dodgy contractual reason.
Michael Slater = Cameron Ling
Shane Warne = Wayne Carey
James Brayshaw = James Brayshaw
Rhyming Brayshaw with Brayshaw..

Yeh Petty was on Casboult and Lever was doing whatever Lever wants to do, which meant he ended up mauling some short people in the air from time to time

Maybe when Casboult came too far forward Petty did not follow and stayed within our structure, part of what I love about our defence right now

Yeh Petty was on Casboult and Lever was doing whatever Lever wants to do, which meant he ended up mauling some short people in the air from time to time

Maybe when Casboult came too far forward Petty did not follow and stayed within our structure, part of what I love about our defence right now
how good was this. Twice in relatively quick succession, he just showed complete disdain for a smaller, lighter opponent and took an intercept mark after brushing him aside, when against other opposition he would definitely have played it safe and punched.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

how good was this. Twice in relatively quick succession, he just showed complete disdain for a smaller, lighter opponent and took an intercept mark after brushing him aside, when against other opposition he would definitely have played it safe and punched.

I also liked the one where he just stood and reached right over his opponent and knocked it away, he's got very nice long gangly arms our Lever

It's funny this game is actually way more enjoyable on replay. We controlled the game the whole day and were able to cruise it out. Very few deficiencies in our performance. We didn't do well in clearances but it never mattered, our rebounds were so good Carltons bombs basically played right into our hands.

I also downloaded the radio commentary which helped a lot.

That noncall was ridiculous. Literally, every player (both sides) stopped and looked at the umpire for about 3 seconds like 'are you going to blow the whistle already?'
Yeah but he 'attempted to kick it' according to the idiot with the whistle, so that was acceptable Play on.
And these umpires get paid thousands of dollars each week to make decisions like that one. OI VEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back