Review Dees v Collingwood: Judgement Day. The Good, Bad & Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 18, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Mate you've cracked it when I said it's fine to have your own view. You've potted me personally for literally saying we can have opposing opinions on "deserved".

I'm on mobile, but that's just showing basic and advanced game stats?
I apologise for the personal crack . If i was out of line I'm sorry mate. That was a general observation. I'm a big reader of this site without posting a lot. As a Victorian living in WA it's a chance to talk to fellow dees supporters.

Again I can find these stats on that site so I'm not sure why you can't?

DemonTim

Cancelled
10k Posts The Trident - Awarded to posters who do a hell of a lot on the Dees board
Jul 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
I apologise for the personal crack . If i was out of line I'm sorry mate. That was a general observation. I'm a big reader of this site without posting a lot. As a Victorian living in WA it's a chance to talk to fellow dees supporters.

Again I can find these stats on that site so I'm not sure why you can't?
I've barely been on the dees board in months mate, and I literally said you can have your view. So I'm not even sure why you're saying it's an observation

It's been discussed above. It's shows on the desktop site. But the stats don't seem to support you. We were almost two years older than the pies today

omit

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 27, 2008
AFL Club
Melbourne
Cool. So that's desktop, and doesn't seem to agree with what the poster said at all.
Cheers.
Well that's just for today. Most of the season we've been the younger team for our matches.

Pies, GC, Brisbane have been consistently younger than us all season. WB, Richmond, Essendon, St. Kilda and Carlton have been around the same age and experience as us.

The Pies today was younger and less experienced than any team we've fielded this season.

space_cowboy

All Australian
Oct 15, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
I will say it again.

We need the agro/intensity that Bugg offers. He is a better and more important footballer than Harmes.
Agreed. We've been ordinary since we lost him.

Not sure who'd make way for Bugg and Viney, but I wouldn't mind if we dropped Gawn and put Pedo back in the ruck.

DemonTim

Cancelled
10k Posts The Trident - Awarded to posters who do a hell of a lot on the Dees board
Jul 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Well that's just for today. Most of the season we've been the younger team for our matches.

Pies, GC, Brisbane have been consistently younger than us all season. WB, Richmond, Essendon, St. Kilda and Carlton have been around the same age and experience as us.

The Pies today was younger and less experienced than any team we've fielded this season.
Yeah. So we definitely haven't been the second youngest all year?

Demon13304

Club Legend
Feb 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
It's been a few hours and I'm still so mad, words can't describe how disappointed I am.

Surely Melbourne are the biggest club at disappointing their fans

deeco

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 3, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
It's my 8 year old sons birthday today, and I had to explain to him that it was ok barrack for another side if he wanted to...
Give him a participation medal while you're at it mate. Soft :thumbsdown:

Feb 18, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
I've barely been on the dees board in months mate, and I literally said you can have your view. So I'm not even sure why you're saying it's an observation

It's been discussed above. It's shows on the desktop site. But the stats don't seem to support you. We were almost two years older than the pies today
I know you haven't been here for a few months. I don't want to argue mate , leave it at that.

We were on average 1.33 years older today. That's not an average for the season. Pies had a first gamer and a second gamer as well as maybe a 4th gamer. As I said , on average over the season we've fielded the second or 3rd youngest team each week.

Justlokan

All Australian
Aug 24, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Everton
It's been a few hours and I'm still so mad, words can't describe how disappointed I am.

Surely Melbourne are the biggest club at disappointing their fans

Don't jump off yet. The Dogs lost their final round match last year. You know the rest.

Good luck for the finals Dees fans.

DemonTim

Cancelled
Jul 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
I know you haven't been here for a few months. I don't want to argue mate , leave it at that.

We were on average 1.33 years older today. That's not an average for the season. Pies had a first gamer and a second gamer as well as maybe a 4th gamer. As I said , on average over the season we've fielded the second or 3rd youngest team each week.
The stats don't seem to support that...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DemonTim

Cancelled
Jul 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Jesus mate. People are allowed to dispute you
Another poster has listed the sides that are on average lower or on par with us
You've just cracked it, gotten personal and refused to provide your stats.

Jun 23, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Los Angeles Clippers
I'm trying to think back but this is as embarrassed as I have felt about this club in a long time. Those massive defeats like the one in Geelong were bad but we had a s**t team and shite management and coaches (sorry), we actually have some decent talent yet we don't want to play hard to get into finals. FMD this ******* club

Feb 18, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Jesus mate. People are allowed to dispute you
Another poster has listed the sides that are on average lower or on par with us
You've just cracked it, gotten personal and refused to provide your stats.
I provided the site. The stats change week to week. On average over the year we've been the second or third youngest side. I don't want to argue any further. I didn't crack it , I get annoyed when people say we don't deserve to be where we are or in finals when there is no legitimate reason to say that is the case. Yes we lost a game we wanted to win against a lower side ,as has every other team this year. Some people just wanna be negative for the sake of being negative.

Let's maybe Acknowledge what this team has done this year given a shitload of things that have gone against us and the way we've stayed in contention for a spot in the bottom half of the 8. Most would of been happy with that at the start of the year

DemonTim

Cancelled
Jul 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
I provided the site. The stats change week to week. On average over the year we've been the second or third youngest side. I don't want to argue any further. I didn't crack it , I get annoyed when people say we don't deserve to be where we are or in finals when there is no legitimate reason to say that is the case. Yes we lost a game we wanted to win against a lower side ,as has every other team this year. Some people just wanna be negative for the sake of being negative.

Let's maybe Acknowledge what this team has done this year given a shitload of things that have gone against us and the way we've stayed in contention for a spot in the bottom half of the 8. Most would of been happy with that at the start of the year
Mate you can't dictate what people have to be happy with.

You're oversimplifying to make our achievement seem better. Would most be happy with losing 4 games to bottom six sides and winning 3 by small margins?

The site doesn't provide that at all. It appears it provides it on a game to game basis, but doesn't seem to provide round or yearly age ratings. You've just said that's the case, another user has listed the sides ranked lower and similar to us. Puts us between 4-8 average lowest. You just responded by repeating initial claim.

CWaffles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls, NY Giants
A minor issue in the scheme of things, but what did people make of Dunn celebrating like that at the end of the game?

Didnt see it but he went from a s**t team to an even shitter one, let him enjoy it while he is still playing.

Howe can gagf though..... one trick pony

Feb 18, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Mate you can't dictate what people have to be happy with.

You're oversimplifying to make our achievement seem better. Would most be happy with losing 4 games to bottom six sides and winning 3 by small margins?

The site doesn't provide that at all. It appears it provides it on a game to game basis, but doesn't seem to provide round or yearly age ratings. You've just said that's the case, another user has listed the sides ranked lower and similar to us. Puts us between 4-8 average lowest. You just responded by repeating initial claim.
Mate I'm over this argument . I'm not happy with losing to bottom 4 teams but I'm happy with beating Adelaide and the eagles interstate, beating the saints twice and being in most games late in the last quarter. Some people don't think we deserve finals. If the eagles lose tomorrow I think we do. That's just my opinion. Yours is different and that's fine I don't agree with you .

Through the 23 rounds we've been the youngest or second youngest team 13 times. I'll leave it at that.

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
Anyone see footage of the players in the room after the game?

I've never seen the group more despondent.

Any of this "don't deserve it if even if Eagles lose" / "players don't give a s**t" can get ****ed.

That one hurt.

CWaffles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls, NY Giants

Any of this "don't deserve it if even if Eagles lose" / "players don't give a s**t" can get ******.

That one hurt.

Good and so it should have, now they know how us supporters have felt for the past 12 years.

James_

Senior List
Apr 11, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool

Any of this "don't deserve it if even if Eagles lose" / "players don't give a s**t" can get ******.

That one hurt.

And who was getting around to every single player to give them a word of encouragement or a hand slap?
Petracca. ******* gun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back