Opinion Dees V Dogs - Sunday MCG 1.00 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Unless this round 1 vs Melbourne becomes a set thing, and is actually rotated between the MCG and Marvel, we must be the only club in the AFL without a regular annual fixture game. Not that we ever properly had Good Friday, but just shows how much of a joke losing that game was.

Labor day is still open.

Quite remarkable that in the 8 seasons since 2016, we've only been able to attend a single round 1 opening game as the home side (vs Swans in 2019 with the Marvel guernsey), including none in the last 5 seasons.

Try living in QLD, no games here since 2020 pretty much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

OUT:
Baker
Bruce
Darcy
Duryea
Hannan
Keath
Macrae
McLean
Scott
Smith

IN:
Bramble
Coffield
Khamis
Harmes
Gallagher
Weightman
Sanders
West
Vandermeer
McNeil

10 different players holy s**t, that’s more than half the starting 18

Quite remarkable that in the 8 seasons since 2016, we've only been able to attend a single round 1 opening game as the home side (vs Swans in 2019 with the Marvel guernsey), including none in the last 5 seasons.
AFL tries to break attendance records and use the season opener to a high bar where with some staying power mean higher engagement for the rest of the season. Less than 30,000 people watching us squeeze a team at Docklands like 2016 just doesn't cut it for them. They can hide that game away at 4.40pm on a random weekend in May and you'd probably only lose a few thousand fans. On the other hand, 10-15,000 people more were at the Hawks vs Essendon, even though both teams probably won't make finals, because it's R1.

Just another way we get screwed by the AFL for being a "small club", obviously.

Man I’m excited to see Sanders play today. Feels like a Rolls Royce.

Similar to Smith, but more composed and much better by hand. Not sure about his kicking yet.

Would have been very interested to see how Smith went with this year, assuming we stick to a faster, more dynamic playstyle. Would suit him I think.

Is it official that O'donnell has concussion from what I've read on bigfooty it's one opinion from a supporter who was at the match.
Was he taken off to be the sub.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LIBBA LIBBA LIBBA LIBBA LIBBA LIBBA LIBBA LIBBA LIBBA LIBBA LIBBA LIBBA LIBBA LIBBA LIBBA LIBBA LIBBA LIBBA LIBBA LIBBA LIBBA LIBBA LIBBA LIBBA LIBBA LIBBA LIBBA LIBBA LIBBA LIBBA LIBBA LIBBA LIBBA LIBBA LIBBA LIBBA LIBBA LIBBA LIBBA LIBBA LIBBA LIBBA LIBBA LIBBA LIBBA LIBBA LIBBA LIBBA LIBBA LIBBA LIBBA LIBBA LIBBA LIBBA LIBBA LIBBA LIBBA LIBBA LIBBA LIBBA LIBBA LIBBA LIBBA LIBBA LIBBA LIBBA LIBBA LIBBA LIBBA LIBBA LIBBA LIBBA LIBBA LIBBA LIBBA

Unless this round 1 vs Melbourne becomes a set thing, and is actually rotated between the MCG and Marvel, we must be the only club in the AFL without a regular annual fixture game. Not that we ever properly had Good Friday, but just shows how much of a joke losing that game was.
Need a better timeslot too 1pm Sunday is hardly marquee

Remove this Banner Ad

Back