Review Dees v Eagles: the Good, Bad & Fugly @ Doomsday

Remove this Banner Ad

Brothers, for what i am worth, I am still here. Just spent three weeks in a place called Wuhan where I hooked up with many of the local women. I am not feeling the greatest, what with these night-sweats, coughing and red spots on my undercarriage. Still, I have been a MFC member since 1982 - roll on the new season. Please share your thoughts after the game.

Brothers, for what i am worth, I am still here. Just spent three weeks in a place called Wuhan where I hooked up with many of the local women. I am not feeling the greatest, what with these night-sweats, coughing and red spots on my undercarriage. Still, I have been a MFC member since 1982 - roll on the new season. Please share your thoughts after the game.
This is probably the best opening to one of these threads I’ve seen

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Let’s Melbourne!
giphy (3).gif

I truly believe there is two possible outcomes for today.

1. We win but the largest margin of the weekend and sit atop the ladder. The season is summarily cancelled and we are awarded the premiership. A ticker tape is held an now one is allowed to attend.

2. We lose by the greatest margin for the round an sit at the bottom of the ladder. Again, the season is summarily cancelled and we are awarded another wodden spoon. We give norf our pick one. #FistedForever

Which of the above two is more likely?...... I do wonder.

Unbelievable how terrible we still are. I'm not sure I can blame Goody alone at this stage, I mean I know he's a bit of a ********* but even he wouldn't be stupid enough to roll into this season with what looks an exact replica of last year's disasterous game plan would he?

A lot of blame to go around. More heat needs to go on the players though, who just play absolutely *ed football at times.Too many guys doing it their way imo..perhaps we need to look into drafting and recruiting guys with higher iqs. Cause some of them are just complete drips.

Pointless being as fit as ever if you're dumber than ever.

JP2

Club Legend
Apr 7, 2003
Prague
AFL Club
Melbourne
Jesus I would love to be a coach against Melbourne.

"Alright boys, this week I want 4 of you to stand 20 metres out from Melbourne's goal, wait for them to kick it to you, then run it down the ground unopposed for a goal."
"But what do we do if they kick it somewhere else?"
"lol"

Fork n Hell

Premiership Player
Mar 7, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
good- Pickett and Bedford both showed a couple of signs they can play.
bad- basic fumbles, poor basic effort, poor basic skills.
ugly- F50 entries and lack of forward system. its truly bloody hopeless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jamurp

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Melbourne
Glad to have at least a couple of months off having to watch Melbourne play tbh.

Stay safe everyone!

Oct 19, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Unbelievable how terrible we still are. I'm not sure I can blame Goody alone at this stage, I mean I know he's a bit of a ********* but even he wouldn't be stupid enough to roll into this season with what looks an exact replica of last year's disasterous game plan would he?

A lot of blame to go around. More heat needs to go on the players though, who just play absolutely ******ed football at times.Too many guys doing it their way imo..perhaps we need to look into drafting and recruiting guys with higher iqs. Cause some of them are just complete drips.

Pointless being as fit as ever if you're dumber than ever.
I know, the players appear dumb but i reckon it's a reflection of the coaching.

They move Harmes, our most defensive minded mid to the backline where he is naturally drawn to the midfield. Oliver showing no regard to defense at all, will never be held accountable. Still going with a super high press and having an extra to the contest.

In this game i've lost what little faith in Goodwin i had. I thought after the preseason Richadson might fix the game plan but its essentially the same.

Mahoney at least can identify the holes in our list and has filled them. Goodwin is hopeless, appears he will never learn that contested possessions and inside 50's doesnt = win.

I know, the players appear dumb but i reckon it's a reflection of the coaching.

They move Harmes, our most defensive minded mid to the backline where he is naturally drawn to the midfield. Oliver showing no regard to defense at all, will never be held accountable. Still going with a super high press and having an extra to the contest.

In this game i've lost what little faith in Goodwin i had. I thought after the preseason Richadson might fix the game plan but its essentially the same.

Mahoney at least can identify the holes in our list and has filled them. Goodwin is hopeless, appears he will never learn that contested possessions and inside 50's doesnt = win.

Roosy come back.

He's got a personality,something I think all supporters appreciate. Rather than answering questions regarding performance like a ******* android.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back