Review Dees v Geelong @ the Handbaggery - & Prada in the Sky with Diamonds: the Good, Bad & Fugly - Rd 18,

Remove this Banner Ad

You know I luv ya mate but s**t you can use an excuse like no one else. We ended up getting the ball inside 50 from that stoppage so Gawn off was irrelevant. Letting them go coast to coast with 3 marks was what cost us.
They nearly doubled there score in a quarter. We defended so poorly in the last.

Regardless of sacking Goodwin or not at end of season there needs to be a serious review of the football department and why we can’t take the next step.
Troy Chaplin, offensive coordinator. Funny that we keep winning I50 counts regardless of opposition but the conversion is terrible.

It’s not goodwins fault not getting players behind the ball. 40 seconds left it’s up to the players to be smart enough and get back themselves.

I’d need to rewatch the footage but I don’t see an issue with tracs torp, her got into into our forward 50. In hindsight not conceding that last point.
The kickout, we got the ball back in our 50 and let us spill out. Gus I think would of been better off sitting on the ball abs being pinged for holding the ball.

We just need to get better at the small things. There was no lack of effort or talent tonight just maturity and confidence to close the game out.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks Bray should have held onto the ball, he was instantly tackled, so he should have taken it to ground and even if a bs free kick was paid to Geelong, it would've eaten up more time and allowed everyone to man up and flood back, he released it instantly, and you just knew what was about to happen at that moment.

If you need to be "coached" on how to protect a winnable lead with virtually no time left, then seriously, time for a new job.

This is basic stuff. But we dont do that. We dont chip it safely and protect - like any other sane, professional outfit. Aside from that barrel from Tracca - look at that peanut JKH. Could of taken a second to straighten up and we are home and hosed. Garlett/Vince - same thing.

We dont learn and I dont think we ever will.

You know what?

That was an all time game. s**t it hurts. But it took literally everything for Geelong to knock us over on the way. We had **** all backline and no Viney.

Sport sucks sometimes, but you know what? They will be so much stronger for this one.
Spot on.
This is it dees. Time to play like this everyweek.
Bad kicking early dug our grave

I agree but Id argue if the players dont know to get back then what are paying Goodwin for? Instead teaching them to flood our own 50 he may want to include flooding the back 50 in our game pan for such circumstances.

The simple things such as getting back behind the ball late in games all teams do other than us of course. We are so ******* stupid that the obvious isn't obvious and you need to remind these daft campaigners on a daily bass about the basics.

If only there was a "For Dummies" book for 5 goal leads. We could solve all our coaching and playing group issues instantly.

Goodwin teaches them how to react in that situation, but as I said the players still don’t have the maturity to execute this.

No coach in the afL can pull of a move within 40 seconds to change the outcome of a game

Gus just needed to sit on the ball and it’s game over....not blaming him for the loss at all. But we need to do the small things better. Even Omac not killing the ball on the goal line early on and allowing Hawkins to soccer a goal

I don’t get why everyone is trying to talk this down ‘they’ll be better next time’ ‘can’t fault the players’

We missed finals by the smallest % margin in history and the players have gotten even worse in close games this year.
We’ve had 3 close games.

Two yes I agree.

The Port game we were umpires out of it. Complete farce.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love but I hate Melbourne ! It’s like winning tattslotto , you never know it’s going to be real !

I hate Hawkins , made omac look like a kid even on the ground !

Hawthorn of old would never have lost that with 1.30 left in the backline , they would have chipped it backwards running the clock down but we bomb it long ! You knew as soon as they got it they were going to score ! Why didn’t we flood back ? Useless

Errr - they literally lost the same way to the same team about 10 times in a row...

Oliver should pull up stumps at end of this contract if he wants to have any success.
Schmitt, c
I don’t get why everyone is trying to talk this down ‘they’ll be better next time’ ‘can’t fault the players’

We missed finals by the smallest % margin in history and the players have gotten even worse in close games this year.
The season’s not over yet. Have faith. We still have a big shot this year.

We needed to do something earlier in the last quarter to stop geelongs momentum in the last. Goodwin needed to react quicker, get tom McDonald back or gawn and have tmac ruck anything. I'm thinking our in experience cost us, just little moments here and there. I still think we'll come good we just aren't ready yet. Still I just want to see a final, just one it's been too long

No club can choke like we do. That was a massive choke with the season on the line yet again. This club is the most mentally weak club ever to play at this level. That last quarter was embarrassing. When will this club finally repay us suporters for sticking with them? So many poor decisions in that last quarter. It's like we actually tried to lose it deliberately it was that bad. Guaranteed to miss finals now as we simply don't have the heart to or balls to make it. Typical MFC. Nothing ever changes.

We needed to do something earlier in the last quarter to stop geelongs momentum in the last. Goodwin needed to react quicker, get tom McDonald back or gawn and have tmac ruck anything. I'm thinking our in experience cost us, just little moments here and there. I still think we'll come good we just aren't ready yet. Still I just want to see a final, just one it's been too long

Goodwin seems a stubborn coach. I think he loves the game plan and just backs it in to trump all tactics as long as the players can execute it - situation be damned.

No club can choke like we do. That was a massive choke with the season on the line yet again. This club is the most mentally weak club ever to play at this level. That last quarter was embarrassing. When will this club finally repay us suporters for sticking with them? So many poor decisions in that last quarter. It's like we actually tried to lose it deliberately it was that bad. Guaranteed to miss finals now as we simply don't have the heart to or balls to make it. Typical MFC. Nothing ever changes.

Hard to argue with that, you don't see too many 5 goal leads in the last thrown away

Remove this Banner Ad

Back