Review Dees v Geelong @ the Handbaggery - & Prada in the Sky with Diamonds: the Good, Bad & Fugly - Rd 18,

Remove this Banner Ad

OMac will get slaughtered by Hawkins, pretty sure me and you said that on Thursday night. Im shocked to be sitting here.

I know some utensil slap will mention how good the kicking to him was but it really wasn't. He put 5m on Omac every time with ease. Didn't try and wrestle him just used his strength to remove him. Hogan could learn a hell of alot from that game

To lose to them twice by those circumstances, shows that if there is a football God, he/she uses Melbourne supprter tears for lube to masturbate.

God awful supporters at an outdated oval with pissant facilities.

I’m just going to say this and I’m out for a few days: we have 5 games left to salvage something from this season. I’m not writing us off. We have to win 3 at least, bring it on. If we can’t meet this challenge as a club then we have no right to play finals. That’s the way it is in an even league where anything is possible right up to the final siren.

We need a big bodied full back ! Without lever this year is gone ! Cox and Hawkins have both killed us. West coasts big forwards will kill us too !
The rest of the team I love but always nervous going in defence one on one on a big !

I love but I hate Melbourne ! It’s like winning tattslotto , you never know it’s going to be real !

I hate Hawkins , made omac look like a kid even on the ground !

Hawthorn of old would never have lost that with 1.30 left in the backline , they would have chipped it backwards running the clock down but we bomb it long ! You knew as soon as they got it they were going to score ! Why didn’t we flood back ? Useless

Hawthorn of old definitely lost to Geelong this way on a number of occasions. Watch the last 5 minutes of the 2012 game when Hawkins goals from 55m out after the siren to win the game. We shat the bed.

Geelong have their ways.

I’m just going to say this and I’m out for a few days: we have 5 games left to salvage something from this season. I’m not writing us off. We have to win 3 at least, bring it on. If we can’t meet this challenge as a club then we have no right to play finals. That’s the way it is in an even league where anything is possible right up to the final siren.

There's no doubt we can still make the finals, but this really was our chance to make a final push for the top 4, and not just hoping to scrape into 7th or 8th (which would be great, but inevitably stressful to the end of course)

Remaining games:

Adelaide (a)
Suns (h)
Swans (h)
Eagles (a)
GWS (h)

We've got to win three games to make the 8 (at least)... we've got two of the tougher away trips, awful form at the MCG and a distinguished recent history of going to water when it matters. I think we're in trouble.

Hogan can piss off to Freo. Better to sell the prized pig when he is still considered a prize.

Always yelling at the kicker for not delivering the ball on a silver platter to him. How about you read the ball off the boot and make a bloody contest? If your direct opponent can do it, so can you.

How can we win when every marking contest has our forwards spoiling each other? It's like we're playing against an extra defender every forward entry. It's no surprise our I50 marks came from when our forwards got separation from each other, not necessarily from Geelong's defenders.

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remaining games:

Adelaide (a)
Suns (h)
Swans (h)
Eagles (a)
GWS (h)

We've got to win three games to make the 8 (at least)... we've got two of the tougher away trips, awful form at the MCG and a distinguished recent history of going to water when it matters. I think we're in trouble.

Ill go with the obvious and stick to the theme of this club playing with the supporters emotions in a ****ed up manner; we will lose the next two (leaving us needing to win the last 3 games to get in) then we beat the Swans and Eagles in Perth (revitalising finals hopes and faith that this team has turned the corner) only to lose to GWS in round 22.

#thatsomelbourne

Always yelling at the kicker for not delivering the ball on a silver platter to him. How about you read the ball off the boot and make a bloody contest? If your direct opponent can do it, so can you.

This annoys me about Hogan. Stewart was mopping up kicks in Hogan's direction all night. Maybe if he led at the ball carrier or took front position more, he'd benefit occasionally from the shanks that seem to fall into other forward's laps. Too often he's looking for a long kick out the back - not many players are going to squiff a forty or fifty metre kick to Hogan's advantage when he's playing from behind.

Commiserations guys, I was barracking hard for you against the Corio Bay scum.

No doubt at all in my mind you guys have the talent to become a Premiership team. A few pieces are missing but every list in the league has weaknesses now and few if any have the amount of talent yours does. Its pretty obvious right now the mental toughness is absent but I expect sooner or later your next generation of leaders will realize it isn't just going to happen unless they dig deeper when things are on the line. So much of the game is played above the shoulders, and we've all seen the transformation that's occurred at Richmond in that regard over the last few years. They're almost invincible at the 'G now.

Pardon my suggestion but I think there will come a time when Melbourne supporters will need to stop hoping and begging and start demanding. Yours is a young team but youth can only be an excuse for chronic under-performance for so long, and every club is now carrying numerous sub 50-game players in their best 22. Melbourne should be a top 4 side right now with genuine Premiership aspirations, not a "we're just happy to mix it with the best!" kinda outfit.

Success in this sport requires hardness and ruthlessness. There's no room for nice guys or nice clubs.

I know some utensil slap will mention how good the kicking to him was but it really wasn't. He put 5m on Omac every time with ease. Didn't try and wrestle him just used his strength to remove him. Hogan could learn a hell of alot from that game
Less the quality of kicking (although mostly he barely broke stride) and more the burst out of the middle that hit him up. On the fast break when we got slaughtered in clearances. Compare that to Jonesy slamming it on the boot to launch it inside 50..

MFC is like a drug. You know it's bad for you but you keep coming back for more.
Commiserations guys, I was barracking hard for you against the Corio Bay scum.

No doubt at all in my mind you guys have the talent to become a Premiership team. A few pieces are missing but every list in the league has weaknesses now and few if any have the amount of talent yours does. Its pretty obvious right now the mental toughness is absent but I expect sooner or later your next generation of leaders will realize it isn't just going to happen unless they dig deeper when things are on the line. So much of the game is played above the shoulders, and we've all seen the transformation that's occurred at Richmond in that regard over the last few years. They're almost invincible at the 'G now.

Pardon my suggestion but I think there will come a time when Melbourne supporters will need to stop hoping and begging and start demanding. Yours is a young team but youth can only be an excuse for chronic under-performance for so long, and every club is now carrying numerous sub 50-game players in their best 22. Melbourne should be a top 4 side right now with genuine Premiership aspirations, not a "we're just happy to mix it with the best!" kinda outfit.

Success in this sport requires hardness and ruthlessness. There's no room for nice guys or nice clubs.
We are demanding, why do you think we are so pissed off? We have a great team but for some reason they can't get it together on game day. It's like watching someone tread water, there's only so much time until they either learn to swim or drown.

* me dead, once we have a lead it seems we get complacent and let another team snatch momentum. It is too important in football, momentum and control of the play comes and goes, as soon as the first Geelong goal came in you could feel a torrent about to burst through. Too many times, we need to find some leaders capable of settling them down out there, look at the Geelong leadership, none dropped their head, they were confident in being able to come back. We need to become mentally tougher, otherwise when our time comes we'll be out in straight sets. Where the hell is the leadership in that last minute or so, with Gawn going off the field they had the time to get a plan going on field. Selwood demanded players move position on the field, and what coast to coast so fast.
If the players can't learn now, when will they?!

I genuinely need a different emotional outlet than the MFC, it just isn't fun to watch us. I'm at a friends party, but am feeling bummed out about the dees again, so lame.

I know what you mean brother. It's kind of disturbing how it can filter into your real life and even just straight up ruin your weekend sometimes. Why is it that I am so emotionally invested in 22 blokes kicking a ball around. Can't help it though haha, I think I'll be a Dees tragic for life, no matter how much heart break I suffer.

We're just a mentally weak footy side, we've lost just about every close game the past few seasons, we just fall away, has to be gut whrenching for the side, same for us.

Was at the game sitting amongst reserve seat cats members. Grew up in Geelong and thought i'd finally get the last laugh on my piece of s**t home town.

Fully expected to lose 6 mins into the final quarter and was correct. If you think letting your opposition double their score in the last quarter isn't choking, then you are insane.

Geelong flattered our defence with turnovers all game. When they went up a gear with the game on the line and started to use the ball cleanly we had nothing. We have had a s**t defensive side to our game all season. It only looks good when our opposition get little inside 50's and even then they usually have very high conversion rates. Our defensive side is not top 8 standard and we will not make finals this year. It can't be ignored.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back