Dees v Gold Coast: the Good, Bad & Fugly - Round 20, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

and kept expert commentators like Kelli Underwood in a job for most of that time too
Not to mention that even with 3 premierships, Richmond still lost to a GC side after the siren that Karmichael Hunt kicked.

The extra game per round they've sold over the last decade probably equates to something though.
Fair point, but at the cost of huge investment in the stadium (from memory was 20mil) they propped them up with a cash boost after they lost sponsors in 2017/18 to the tune of 25 mil, and with an initial outlay of around 80mil to get them going over their first 5 years.

I'm not saying there hasn't been some return on that with extra tv revenue.. but there has been very minimal in terms of membership, on field performance or exponential growth in the greater good coast region. Would be very interested if any profit on them so far in 11 years.

Fair point, but at the cost of huge investment in the stadium (from memory was 20mil) they propped them up with a cash boost after they lost sponsors in 2017/18 to the tune of 25 mil, and with an initial outlay of around 80mil to get them going over their first 5 years.

I'm not saying there hasn't been some return on that with extra tv revenue.. but there has been very minimal in terms of membership, on field performance or exponential growth in the greater good coast region. Would be very interested if any profit on them so far in 11 years.
They're doing pretty well at grassroots level, junior participation in QLD and NSW well up.

Looking forward to getting a new fitness guru once Burgo leaves, won't win a cup without the ability to run out 4 quarters. Should have put an extra 40 on them but for our tired legs being unable to kick straight

A 7 hour transit the day before may have been a small contributing factor

A 7 hour transit the day before may have been a small contributing factor
Don’t buy that excuse. Gold Coast had a similarly disorganised preparation and were running over the top of us in the last. Genuinely concerning.

Don’t buy that excuse. Gold Coast had a similarly disorganised preparation and were running over the top of us in the last. Genuinely concerning.
What the hell has happened to this place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair enough, that's a definite positive but I'd wonder if that same improvement could have come in other ways too.
probably, though if the suns were successful on field then who knows. That's where their problems lie

Oliver may have another 3 votes, while Bont shouldn't poll this week. Brownlow night should be good, going to be a very tight finish in AFLCA voting too.

Twas just the tonic we needed. Bit of confidence back in the group to take the game on again and kick some goals, we were getting stale.

Appreciate it for my own sanity as well. There is only so much of 55 def 52 I can take.

GG GC witches hats.

appeared to me Salem might have played a bit higher today at times. certainly got some possessions in some position I liked.
Was unchecked a lot of the game, so unlikely to be given such space against a competitive team. I agree it was good to see him working through the centre square a lot more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back