Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I wouldn't worry about this, other teams will drop games unexpectedly. We aren't the only team that will. Geelong with Cameron out now are entirely different. Dogs still have a few injuries. Brisbane too. The season isnt played on the AFL ladder predictor.

That's completely ignoring we are 3-3 in the last 6 and dropped em all to teams outside the 8 at the start of the game. Bombers win was crap aswell.

At this rate we look like going 3-4 or 4-3 in the stretch. Weve completely tossed this season away

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
You could pick out 100 moments but Petracca missing Gawn on the lead when they both had acres of space was just so bad. Couldn't handle the pressure. We can't handle the pressure.

Put ******* Tony Lockett up there, he's gonna look s**t if our mids kick it over his head.

Who needs it when you have Oliver Petracca and Hunt giving you silver service

Yep, mind blowing that people thinking he'll make any difference whatsoever. If our midfield can't kick to him well on a lead he's gonna do absolutely nothing. Forward line has nothing to do with the form slump other than TMac missing set shots he wasn't.

I'll label the blame at: 75% midfield playing like s**t, 24% ridiculous overly defensive game planning 1% forward line.

The Jack Viney contract Mahoney gave him is even worse when you remember we would have got a first round compo pick for JT to use. Smh. I said he won't last 4 years of the 5 we gave him. Can I bring it down to 3 now please.

Jack probably thinks VFL is below him but until he can prove otherwise he needs to be there, if it's been good enough for Harmes and Brown it's good enough for him too.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Yep, mind blowing that people thinking he'll make any difference whatsoever. If our midfield can't kick to him well on a lead he's gonna do absolutely nothing. Forward line has nothing to do with the form slump other than TMac missing set shots he wasn't.

I'll label the blame at: 75% midfield playing like sh*t, 24% ridiculous overly defensive game planning 1% forward line.
Fritsch marks 100% of the kicks that Brown would and he can take some out of position.

Brown kicked 9 goals in his 7 finals for north, he was useless as * once the pressure ramped up and he couldn't just take them uncontested on the lead.
9 marks inside 50 in the 7 games.

Had under 10 disposals in 5 of his finals games aswell.

This is all before his knee was ****ed.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Also Port and Brissy routinely smash bottom sides again. We've absolutely blown top 4. Those sides aren't us.

jhong

Old man yelling at clouds
Apr 18, 2011
Wonthaggi
AFL Club
Melbourne
From what i read on another site Weid had 20 possessions and 3 goals . AVB and Bowey listed as best on as well. Brown didn't come on the ground for the last quarter but no mention if he was injured or just puss.

At times during the senior game i wondered where our small forwards disappeared to . The way we deliver into the forward line would send any group of forwards insane . And yet with some composure we could of snatched a undeserved win. Unless something changes really soon we are in danger of blowing this season up the shizen-hauzen .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goody saying in his presser we played well in last week's win over Essendon after "we reset ourselves" during the break was laughable. Has he been watching the past three games? They've all been the same s**t. There has been no reset whatsoever, exactly the same s**t we served up on QB.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Topkent you are a Muppet. In sorry but you are a master at putting other people's opinion down, but when it matters you offer nothing.

What's your plan mate? Don't bother playing me, I've already stated my ideas about Brown etc. I'm happy for people to disagree with that. What do you think needs to change?
Already said it multiple times but if you can't be stuffed going back I'll say it again for you.

The people in our forward 6 isn't the problem and one bloke won't make one ******* iota of difference. Right now the forwards are being told told to defend first. We have mega athletes like Tmac and ANB in there who charge back to the wings to allow Brayshaw and Langdon to get back to defence to allow Lever and May to peel off. When we turn it over they then have to charge back forward again and it makes it impossible to move the ball through the middle so we have to go long down the wings and get stoppages so we can reset.

Brown can't play that role up the ground, that means he has to stay deep in the 50 and if the kick isn't perfect to his lead then it's coming to ground and the opposition will just trampoline it out. In the last quarter we abandoned the defence at all costs and kept forwards deep. Fritsch looked ******* dangerous and we got multiple shots at goal.

Still didnt matter because when we did get space Petracca kicked it 10m over the head of the tallest bloke in the league.

Tmac and ANB and Spargo are the only ones with any composure going inside 50. You can't be a pressure forward and be 70m out to connect the passages. When they do leave it to others you get Langdon, Hunt and even Petracca butchering it.

What I would do is drop Viney and Sparrow and get in Bedford and Chandler and hope they pick up some of the forward pressure slack so that AnB and Spargo can get into more dangerous positions around 60-70.

I'd also release the defensive shackles a little, right now the amount of running that Tmac and ANB do is covering for how ******* lazy Oliver and Trac are in the midfield.

Those 2 especially aren't executing skills at a high level and it's causing out forward line to struggle. How many times do we have a clean break only for Oliver to circle backwards into the pressure. Give our forwards no chance in hell.

It's not a worthwhile possession to Clayton unless its of the contested variety, that's why he has to circle back looking for contact to try and break a tackle, ******* ****.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Also Port and Brissy routinely smash bottom sides again. We've absolutely blown top 4. Those sides aren't us.

Ports run home isn’t as easy as you’re saying. They have us, saints at marvel, GWS at Manuka and Dogs at marvel in the last round. If we beat them you’d expect they’ll lose one of the other 3 at a minimum.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Ports run home isn’t as easy as you’re saying. They have us, saints at marvel, GWS at Manuka and Dogs at marvel in the last round. If we beat them you’d expect they’ll lose one of the other 3 at a minimum.
They can drop 2 and still finish above us with their percentage. Again that's saying we can now win 5 of 7 after going 3-3 and losing to 3 mediocre teams. Really not being negative here just realistic. We'd have to flip the script at this point because we will finish 5th if we win 17.

Hunt's brain farts were a perfect example of our mids in general when within goal scoring range. They are all s**t scared of the responsibility of taking a shot.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
They can drop 2 and still finish above us with their percentage. Again that's saying we can now win 5 of 7 after going 3-3 and losing to 3 mediocre teams. Really not being negative here just realistic. We'd have to flip the script at this point because we will finish 5th if we win 17.

They’re currently 4% behind us mate. For Port to get 17 wins from here they win 6 of their last 7 - not happening if we beat them next week.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
They’re currently 4% behind us mate. For Port to get 17 wins from here they win 6 of their last 7 - not happening if we beat them next week.

Yeah well if we beat them next week I'll reassess, but that ain't the favourite result after the last month.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yeah well if we beat them next week I'll reassess, but that ain't the favourite result after the last month.

Don’t disagree with that, just pointing out we ‘should’ still make it over them if we get up. I thought top 4 was truly ****ed today but after looking at the fixtures Port are no guarantee to win a whole heap of games in the run home (Lions Cats and Dogs will but, all have very soft draws especially Brisbane). I don’t rate Port anywhere near the dogs cats or lions but they’re good enough at home to belt us if we keep playing like this.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Don’t disagree with that, just pointing out we ‘should’ still make it over them if we get up. I thought top 4 was truly f’ed today but after looking at the fixtures Port are no guarantee to win a whole heap of games in the run home (Lions Cats and Dogs will but, all have very soft draws especially Brisbane). I don’t rate Port anywhere near the dogs cats or lions but they’re good enough at home to belt us if we keep playing like this.

Just re did the predictor, we have to beat 2 of Geelong, WC, Port and the dogs and win all of other games against bottom sides. Even if we do that and Port drop games against us and the dogs we scrape 4th. If we drop one more game against bottom opposition we miss the 4. It's that tight now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back