Review Dees v GWS @ the Last Chance Saloon: the Good, Bad & Seasons-Buster

Remove this Banner Ad

When a team is so confident in the ineptness of their opposition they drop their captain you know they’re play the Melbourne Football Club.

Trac is a beautiful human being, Oliver is great in the contest, but I think my favourite player is Langdon.

He is always an option and busts a gut 24/7 To make himself an option.

Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers
Great game of footy , awesome to watch....but you know me , never happy, where was that effort the past two weeks campaigners?

Anyway , shout outs in particular to RIvers (unbelievable game ) JOEL MUTHA ******* SMITH (rocks now say Joel Smith solid. Won't get the kudos but it was like having two Mays out there tonight in the backline) Baker & Spargo for supreme efficiency and Ed Langdon for never stopping.

May superb as usual, Max played a captains game tonight. Nice to see our leaders step up.

Any chance whatsoever Lever can hold a mark next week? Pretty please.

Last edited:

deeco

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 3, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
AG0gGkk.jpg

Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
The ugly really was the Umpiring for both sides coupled with the team just going to sleep for a few periods in the game.

A very even effort I thought all around. Hunt was pretty quiet but I don't think the way the team comes into the forward 50 helps him out very much. Weideman at least brought the ball to the ground but could not get on the scoreboard.

Enjoyed Smiths game he had some big moments (1 on 1 with Cameron for example). Pickett once he works out his goal kicking game looks good. Rivers is a big find really excited to see him next year.

What does all this mean. A win is a win and sets up the team to actually play finals and get that experience.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jamurp

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Melbourne
Whatever happens next weekend in regards to finals etc, and how wayward we've been this season, that was a really enjoyable finish and result and has this dees fan feeling happy.

More of that please, we have some real talent in this group, just need to see more of the same fight we saw tonight.

Also, Trent Rivers take a bloody bow, fantastic.

Enjoy the win tonight lads!

Sep 20, 2005
Hell
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Smith is playing like Oscar but playing on smalls talls and everything inbetween. other difference is he's like Omac on meth. Dude is flat out like Hibberd on a good line. Rivers, lol this guy wasn't in the team every week. If he wasn't weekly teabagging the entire coahcing staff there's no excuse for not picking him

May is better than Frawley at his best, good to have Jetta back beign old but not s**t. GWS have so many of our same issues. weird game to watch.

JP2

Club Legend
Apr 7, 2003
Prague
AFL Club
Melbourne
Shame about the last two weeks, and shame that we're destined to lose next week however the other results fall, but that was probably our best win of the season so I'll enjoy it for what it was.

• Pickett and Rivers probably each had their best games for the club.
  • May and Lever working together well.
  • Spargo has the best footy IQ of anyone on our list.
  • Ed Langdon is my spirit animal.
  • I think we must hold some kind of record for number of complete bullshit goals kicked against us in a season. Brent Daniels can eat cornflakes out of my butt with a spoon.

Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers
Smith is playing like Oscar but playing on smalls talls and everything inbetween. other difference is he's like Omac on meth. Dude is flat out like Hibberd on a good line. Rivers, lol this guy wasn't in the team every week. If he wasn't weekly teabagging the entire coahcing staff there's no excuse for not picking him

May is better than Frawley at his best, good to have Jetta back beign old but not sh*t. GWS have so many of our same issues. weird game to watch.

I honestly could not believe how good he was one on one on a variety of opponents he found himself against in the flow of the game. Beat Greene beat Cameron beat Kelly. Was a machine tonight. Took up the slack for Lever who played like an absolute spud.

John Smith92

Team Captain
Nov 20, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
GG dees and dees fans, great game to watch as a neutral. Just want to say that having played ruck for my entire football "career", it makes me want to throw things at the TV watching how little AFL umpires understand the actual ruck rules, and how much illegal grappling/pushing in the back/jumping straight through the line of the ball they allow oppo rucks to get away with to neutralise gawn. They banned third man up to let the gun rucks do their thing, when all they would have to do is ban the blatant scragging that s**t trucks like mumford get away with every game. The fact that they paid at least one free against him in a genuine "both were holding" situation is just insult to injury.

Anyway, gg again, enjoy the win.

Sep 20, 2005
Hell
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
I honestly could not believe how good he was one on one on a variety of opponents. Beat Greene beat Cameron beat Kelly. Was a machine tonight. Took up the slack for Lever who played like an absolute spud.
He's a supreme athlete and plays at 100% all the time. I'm not surprised but this is from a biased basketballer. I faked being a footy player fora couple years in the 18s just being tall enough and realsiing that all you had to do was crash into the guy trying to catch the ball while pretending to go for it yourself. Piss easy. Except for the week the Stingrays had the week off and I had to stop Fevola's understudy who had 25 kg on me and I just bounced off him. lol. :D

Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers
He's a supreme athlete and plays at 100% all the time. I'm not surprised but this is from a biased basketballer. I faked being a footy player fora couple years in the 18s just being tall enough and realsiing that all you had to do was crash into the guy trying to catch the ball while pretending to go for it yourself. Piss easy. Except for the week the Stingrays had the week off and I had to stop Fevola's understudy who had 25 kg on me and I just bounced off him. lol. :D

He usually panics and does dumb s**t. Was cool as a cucumber tonight tho.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back