Review Dees v GWS @ the Last Chance Saloon: the Good, Bad & Seasons-Buster

Remove this Banner Ad

stEdy

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Fritsch played a good role on Haynes, kept him to only 10 touches and limited his intercepting.

Kicked a clutch goal but was mainly tasked with keeping Haynes from intercepting, which he did.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
May is actually quite quick but straight line kind of quick and not sure he recovers overly well. Smith can have 2-3 efforts in quick succession is what I mean.
I think Mays really struggling with that hip injury, isn't moving at ground level at all.

Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers
There's a role for Smith down back with his athleticism. Think he can save goals the way Frost did with manic intensity and 2nd efforts. Both Lever and May arent overly quick, Tomlinson either. Need someone who can play on talls and small and just get the job done.
Yea, he's got certain qualities that we massively lack, just a matter of if he can limit the brain farts. Good match up for those in between third tall those like Membery and Gunston with the athleticism to play on smaller.

I'm far from convinced, but I reckon he's been more than serviceable since coming back in against Sydney.

Thought Smith had a poor first half but couldn’t fault his second I guess, was more composed. We don’t need our third tall defender to be a star, just to do the basics well which he’s shown at times he can do. Hopefully he gets more consistent with experience. Still not a week in week out selection for mine

Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers
Thought Smith had a poor first half but couldn’t fault his second I guess, was more composed. We don’t need our third tall defender to be a star, just to do the basics well which he’s shown at times he can do. Hopefully he gets more consistent with experience. Still not a week in week out selection for mine
What did I miss that he did poorly in the first half? Honestly can't remember a single thing.

It was prime Gary Ablett esc honestly. Unbelievable skill in it.
It didn't even make into the AFL websites match highlights. But a routine setshot from ANB (granted after a good passage of play) did make it in. Are like the AFL and media stupid at making highlights packages now?

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
What? Vanders doesn’t do the same thing at all. He makes you earn it but doesn’t swing his arms all the time.

Genuinely wouldn’t mind if Mumford copped a career ending injury bloke has been a sh*t footballer for years but gets games because he tries to knock people out.
Agree with this comment 100%. Mumford is too fat and slow and is basically now one of the sh**est footballers in the AFL. There's making someone earn a kick, then there is what Shane Mumford does. Throwing arms out, whacking blokes in the face with a forearm, punching blokes in the back of the head when going up for a mark. No I would not be happy at all if this bloke was on our list and AVB is nothing like Mumford. It's ok to be an enforcer and be tough and stay within the rules. Going for the ball is tough, going for the man is weak as pi$$.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Agree with this comment 100%. Mumford is too fat and slow and is basically now one of the sh**est footballers in the AFL. There's making someone earn a kick, then there is what Shane Mumford does. Throwing arms out, whacking blokes in the face with a forearm, punching blokes in the back of the head when going up for a mark. No I would not be happy at all if this bloke was on our list and AVB is nothing like Mumford. It's ok to be an enforcer and be tough and stay within the rules. Going for the ball is tough, going for the man is weak as pi$$.
It's sport, it's theater. Much more watchable than when they're all laughing at half time 10 goals down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jhong

Old man yelling at clouds
Apr 18, 2011
Wonthaggi
AFL Club
Melbourne
Well seeing as Melksham seems to have gotten away with Giving Toby Green some of his own ballet steps back i'd say all is fair then .

Apr 14, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Lakers,Chelsea F.C.
Team bad- Melksham, Vanders, Jetta all cooked. I don't think we can be a good team with all 3 playing let alone even 2. I'd keep Vanders but I also like him, he's probably cooked.
whilst I do agree with you, I also think Melksham needs to pull his finger out, he gets games consistently for doing sweet * all.
But why play an out of form AVB (Who lets be honest is a sub par footballer in the skills department) and an ageing Jetta when we could play Hore in Jettas spot (When he's healthy and fit) Sparrow, Rivers and the Sauce Baker. All 4 younger kids that could play some part in our future.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Loved The 50M penalty Early on a wing from Lachie Whitfield all because Clarry knocked the ball out of Whitfiedls hands when the umpire asked for the ball back. Any one else pick up on that, Whitfield was livid and argued the point.
That's not what it was for. It was for abuse from Zac Williams or Taranto.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back