Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Everyone whinging about Mumford. But we'd love him if he was on our team. Gives up free kicks the hard way, which is the best way.
* yeah makes me laugh when campaigners sook but then they love AVB for the same thing. I love Mumford was having a huge chuckle when he belted Gawn.

Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers
fu** yeah makes me laugh when campaigners sook but then they love AVB for the same thing. I love Mumford was having a huge chuckle when he belted Gawn.

He's perfected the art of deliberately being clumsy, which is hard to do.

Plus I have a soft spot for him, got s**t faced with him one night on the town with a mutual friend that knows him, he's a great bloke honestly. Legend.

Good win, was a good contest and both teams were up for it so it was awesome to get a result in a hot game.

Clarry, Gawn, Trac, May, Salem, Langdon, Rivers, Koz all really good.

Spargo, Tommo, Baker, Vanders, Hunt all decent as well.

Couple of things on Melk & VDB - no doubt they aren't moving too well, but I reckon for guys like them with chronic injuries this season would be an absolute shitstorm to keep their bodies going.

But, they're still getting out there and having a crack, wouldn't be too harsh on them until we see how they roll out next year as both as still having important moments.

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Good

Great game to watch. Goals, contests, drama, tight contest. Need more like it.

Fight. I wrote us off going into the last quarter. Our run had stopped, they were walking in goals. But to the boys credit, we showed fight. That's what we ask every week.

Langdon. I knew the second we got him this was a great pick up. Not great by foot, but the running he does puts him in the positions we need someone. He's always there.

May/Trac. Our best two players stood up. Trac showed he can beat a hard tag and May is surely now the best full back in the comp.

Rivers. Boy oh boy, wowee have we got one here. This last draft is looking a big win for us.

Jetta. This guy just puts his body on the line time and time again. His body might not be able to do what it used to, but he still puts it on the line everytime.

Bad

Melksham. Been MIA for 2 years. Is he done?

Lever. Whatever we're paying, it's too much. Stood up in the final minute or so, but cost us 4 or more goals. Dropping simple chest marks shouldn't be a thing when getting paid what he does.

Fritsch. The most frustrating player on our list. Tries to take ridiculous hangers, goes to ground far too easy, plays from behind, for a lovely kick he's rarely on target for goal. Needs a good forward coach clearly..

Viney. Mate, i love your hardness but stop trying to run through 3 tacklers. Give the first option and stop trying to be a hero every single contest.

Weid. Can't get involved at all last few weeks. It's great we got multiple goals from Rivers, Baker, Spargo etc but we can't expect to win most weeks unless our our main forward targets hit the scoreboard. Needs to find a way.

Ugly

Umpires. Wtf? Some of those ruck infringements were mindboggling. That free on DeBoar which cost a goal? Wtf was that? DeBoar acted like he'd been shot and clearly not infringed. Another horrible night for the umps.

Mumford. What a sniping c***.

Commentators. Saying multiple times that the sniping c*** wasn't belting our blokes deliberately. Cmon. Took put Oliver with an arm. Punched Gawn in the back of the head. Tried to clothesline Rivers. Ridiculous to believe he wasn't doing this s*** on purpose.
I thought they were just talking about Rivers one and even then Ling did say you just never know with Mumford. I'm pretty sure they said Mumford knew he couldn't get there and purposely gave gawn a head massage.

LarryDavidNeitz

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2020
AFL Club
Melbourne
Good
Coming back from looking absolutely cooked in the third quarter
Rivers - potential to be an outstanding player
May - saves twice as many goals per game as any kind of mutant Hogan-Ben King would kick
Langdon - this is what a really good AFL wingman plays like. Superb tonight and most of the
Classy finishing from Petracca, Spargo, even Baker. For all the focus on the rest of the game, those guys miss those shots we lose.

Bad
Clarry’s finishing - the two snaps he missed in the first would have been a piece of cake for most of the league’s top midfielders. Bursting inside 50 then stopping and handballing back to Gawn as he did in the third is almost becoming his trademark. Needs to be better
Pickett’s finishing - Love the way he played tonight but becoming increasingly concerned he’s not ever gonna be the classy finisher that the top small forwards need to be.
Lever’s drops - Tonight was the first night in living memory I had full confidence in our defenders not to get outmarked. Unfortunately Lever getting both hands and sometimes chest to the ball and then spilling it was a productive avenue to goal for GWS.

Ugly
Melksham - He’s terrible this season and putting him in the midfield was a real under-12s coaching move IMO. Shouldn’t play next week.
Gawn’s meltdown - Carnts taking the advantage just to give themselves a kick is one of my pet hates. When you’re the ruckman, there’s 20 seconds to go, you’re a shithouse kick and you’re taking it from behind where the free was anyway you’re a ******* idiot. Would’ve cost us the game if GWS didn’t miss the set shot

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
fu** yeah makes me laugh when campaigners sook but then they love AVB for the same thing. I love Mumford was having a huge chuckle when he belted Gawn.

What? Vanders doesn’t do the same thing at all. He makes you earn it but doesn’t swing his arms all the time.

Genuinely wouldn’t mind if Mumford copped a career ending injury bloke has been a s**t footballer for years but gets games because he tries to knock people out.

I don't give a sh*t, nothing wrong with playing the enforcer role. Games not completely tiddlywinks yet
Ignorant comment coming from someone who’s clearly never played a game of full contact tiddlywinks. I won’t Even mention the 2002 pick up sticks game I was part of. Sadly, some were never the same following that day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Anyone else enjoy when salem turned the ball over with a kick back into the corridor in the fourth and the commentators said that's unlike him. 🙄
I think he kicked a goal in a 3rd and the commentators mentioned his great kicking. Obviously that was a good kick but it's strange how they pump him up. I think he's a pretty good kick but he often turns it over I certainly wouldn't be putting him in tgd elite category that some in the media would.

Fair enough.

Smith's athleticism is off the charts, his skills are solid without being spectacular too.

If he plays within his means he should be a very good defender for us.

See this the type of crap I hate, people just bag Smith coz he's Joel Smith. He played the most un Tom Gillies game ever.

E9DF2BEC-AC9B-4417-8A63-7EE50F89A710.jpeg

Demons Advocate

Senior List
Jul 11, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Why are people forgetting how good trac's goal was? 7 didn't even put it in their full match highlights. I thought it was a fantastic goal too

Yes! I was drunk and just wrote whatever came to mind (mainly came here to pot Darcy tbh) but Trac's goal was ******* magic!

One-handed pick up in congestion into a snap from 45, sexy. At one point they said he had 13 disposals, all contested. Nuts. De boer couldn't stop him, good to see he can shrug a tag (but don't think de boer has the body type to beat him).

stEdy

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
There's a role for Smith down back with his athleticism. Think he can save goals the way Frost did with manic intensity and 2nd efforts. Both Lever and May arent overly quick, Tomlinson either. Need someone who can play on talls and small and just get the job done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back