Review Dees v Handbaggers Apocalypse Now - the Good, the Bad and the Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

How ******* good was that lads?! Was truly surreal at the ground, i've been over here in Perth for 2 decades and never in my life would i have thought i'd see so much red and blue at a melbourne game ❤ i'm so proud of the club and how far we've come, walking away after that 2018 prelim loss and you start to doubt the direction but NO MORE

* me this is the biggest hangover i've had in a while, i also lost my voice abusing the living daylights out of selwood after he got langdon high and gave away 50, sorry to the geelong supporters in front of me :moustache:

Petty officially my new fav player, what a game after that nervy moment that lead to the Cameron opening goal, one of my fav moments of the night was when Hawkins marked before half time in front of him and kicked that goal, Harry was swearing his lungs out at him as he took it. Zero chill in him, hes ******* mental and I love him dearly.
Cult figure status achieved. Im putting him on my membership next year.

Today I'm happy to admit I was wrong, smashing Geelong is far greater than smashing gws. I have no beef with gws.
I am like an elephant, I never forget. We should have beef with GWS. $cully. Nuff said.

Cult figure status achieved. Im putting him on my membership next year

Hated Petty early days, couldn't stand him coz I thought he was horrible, I've always said if you prove me wrong I end up loving you unconditionally, he's reached that point with me that very few make, esteemed company, joining fellow greats Neville Jetta and Cam Pederson. Love Petty 😍

Discovering Tom Bugg is right behind us has just topped my weekend off. Trolling Schofield, still a pest retired... Ill always love you Buggy.

How's Roosy going anyone?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Irrelevantly posts aside, CON ******* GRATS Dees
"Its our time" my resigned best mate who supports geelong has texted me at 2.30am after i commiserated him on the year.
The last 3 years we have had some barnburners

suffice to say the hangover was well worth it.
So many Positives, Play our brand of footy and we get it done.
That was an all time performance from Gawny ala Clay Smith and Dickson in 16' vs GWS on the way to their Flag.
Ive never been so proud to be invested in this once great football club. 17 years of membership.

Just finished watching the replay for the 3rd time! Doesn't get tiring...

Good (All Good No Bad)

Gawn - incredible captains performance. 5 goals! Wowee! Made Stanley look stupid at the end of Round 23, now pulled his pants down.

Trac - As good as Gawn was, this guy set it up. He is the firestarter. He's the guy that will carry us to a flag. Norm Smith favourite for mine.

Brown - Been solid as a rock for a couple months now. His efforts to bring the ball to ground when he had no right was unbelievably good. And he's starting to mark overhead too! Big year ahead next year I reckon.

Viney - I for one have questioned his position in the team last couple of years, but if every round was a finals game, he'd be possibly the best player in the comp. Made for finals this bloke.

Young guys - All contributing. All playing an important role. All being trusted to do so. Riv has looked shaky these two finals, but to have a GF side with him, Dogga, Koz, Swallow, JJ, Petty, Spargo, Bowey. Wowee! Who would have thought that was possible? Extra shout out to Bowey who I was happy to drop for Hunt. Played a fantastic game and will earn his GF spot.

Playing squad not in best 22 - Shows how tight this group are when their is genuine excitement among the whole group after the game. They all deserve a medal if they win as this has clearly been a whole club approach to getting to this point. Oh, and give Roosy and Peter Jackson one too...

Chris Scott - Classy statement after the game congratulating the Dees on their win. I liked that..

Optus Stadium - What a great choice by the AFL. Could you imagine that game without fans? The place was rocking and looked amazing. Well done to the Perth fans for getting behind us too. Hopefully that helps us in two weeks time!

Past players getting behind us - Loving the tweets, messages, responses, interviews with all the past players and staff of the club. I'm assuming it will ramp up next week or two as well. Great feeling at the club right now.

Ben Gibson - Our digital content guy has been bloody amazing tbh. The footage, interviews of the inner sanctum and the relaxed and natural feelings from the players shows he is part of the culture of the club. He's been doing a fantastic job and I know a handful of other clubs who are envious of the content he brings us. Been real important last two years and he and the club have done a splendid job.

Lastly, all of you guys. We bloody deserve this. It's been a wild wild ride of mostly downs following this club, but we are so close. To go into a GF as favourites will be equal parts exciting and terrifying, but If we win it, you all bloody deserve it for sticking fat.

Hated Petty early days, couldn't stand him coz I thought he was horrible, I've always said if you prove me wrong I end up loving you unconditionally, he's reached that point with me that very few make, esteemed company, joining fellow greats Neville Jetta and Cam Pederson. Love Petty 😍
I remember his first hit out Vs Hawks earlier in the year April ish?, will admit he didn't set the world on fire. Mitch Browne on the other hand played the game of his life!! Wouldn't of thougt he grow to be this consistent.

Ugly: Geelong trying to leak out news about a serious ‘virus’ sweeping through their playing group prior to the game to deflect blame away from their age/game plan…..

Clearly has ‘leaked’ intentionally.

Doesn’t take away from your team’s fantastic win, but it does explain a bit to a cats supporter like me. All the unwell players were total spuds on the night. I doubt a fully fit cats outfit would have been able to win anyway given how hot the dees were last night.

Good luck in the gf. The dogs look good too. It could be a cracker.

Doesn’t take away from your team’s fantastic win, but it does explain a bit to a cats supporter like me. All the unwell players were total spuds on the night. I doubt a fully fit cats outfit would have been able to win anyway given how hot the dees were last night.

Good luck in the gf. The dogs look good too. It could be a cracker.
Tbh I’m more concerned that some of our players have now been infected because of the game. 2 weeks is surely enough time for incubation period and recovery…. right?

I thought he was their best by a mile tbh. Sure he turned it over a bit but he had zero help. Has played much worse finals than that.
Nah he was crap mate, every disposal is all about him. Burned a couple of blokes spreading to handball to pointless 1-2s and then pump it as long as possible. It's the sort of selfish crap that makes the cats keep losing finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back