Review Dees v Handbaggers @ Handbag Park: the Good, Bad & Fugly - Rd 2, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

To be fair, apparently he spent most of the game in the midfield, as you would do with any high profile forward recruit.
Nah he didn't. He was doing absolutely nothing in the forward line so got moved into the midfield later in the game. He got a bit of the ball, but pretty much the whole time he was in there was when the Suns were completely dominating play, but keeping Freo in it with horrible goal kicking, whether those two facts are related is debatable.

I'm a bit concerned. It's only round 2 and already we're terrible.

It's a problem on many levels. For me in particular. I like cooking and food and for a long time now I've followed a weekend routine where I try to cheer myself up after a poor round by focussing on cooking something really good - if things are really grim I distract myself by pushing out the boat and attempting something exotic. The fact that today I'm putting together seared venison loin, a red wine red currant reduction, with a ground venison ragu and celeriac puree tells you exactly where we are at the minute. If we lose to Essendon I'm not certain where to go next.

Next stop sounds like Masterchef

Good
I thought Clarry's haircut looked great.
Plenty of room for improvement which is great.
The things we're s**t at are things we've been s**t at before which gives me more confidence than if we were s**t at new things that we potentially don't know how to get not s**t at.
Essendon next week; if we lose it's going to be hilarious if we win I'm going to celebrate like it's a premiership.
Insightful post-match commentary from Goody, great work media team.

Bad
I feel bad for our sponsors. Are we damaging their brands?

Fugly
Can't think of anything really, it's not so bad.

Had to think about that game. A better game than last week for me.

Melbourne was insipid in Round 1 and all butter fingers and poor skills this round. Well not much better really.

My biggest problem is that the team is not ready for the AFL season as yet. What ever the training regime etc was, the players look underdone and not ready for the elite level.

To me the team looks about 1 to 2 games away from getting back to AFL level.

hi guys - sorry to intrude.

i didn't watch your game, but I have Kade kolodjashnij in my fantasy team. he only got 36 points.

Did he get injured or come off early for some reason. Looking at the scorebaord it would suggets the ball being in the back half most of the game and I undertsand that kolodjashnij plas at the back - any reason he wasn't getting much of the pill?

hi guys - sorry to intrude.

i didn't watch your game, but I have Kade kolodjashnij in my fantasy team. he only got 36 points.

Did he get injured or come off early for some reason. Looking at the scorebaord it would suggets the ball being in the back half most of the game and I undertsand that kolodjashnij plas at the back - any reason he wasn't getting much of the pill?
Like a fair number of his teammates ... he was rushed into the team before he was ready. He'd been out since early Jan with an injury, and only played one game in VFL before Saturday night, so he looked slow and really out of touch. He'll be better for the run, so will only improve, but hard to say how long it'll be before he actually puts up reasonable scores.

Like a fair number of his teammates ... he was rushed into the team before he was ready. He'd been out since early Jan with an injury, and only played one game in VFL before Saturday night, so he looked slow and really out of touch. He'll be better for the run, so will only improve, but hard to say how long it'll be before he actually puts up reasonable scores.
Much appreciated - I know hes quality from previous years but for now he might just warm he pine for a while.

This should answer the question for you. This is from a Marketing campaign which was run by the Northern Territory government a couple of years ago. That is Uluru in the background. We just use the acronym NT when referring to that area rather than the full name.So the campaign played on that, a cunning stunt.

View attachment 645326
Uhhh wtf are you on about mate?

It came from Eddie McGuire calling Kane Cornes and old c live and air and then later being re-dubbed during the replay as campaigner... :drunk:

Uhhh wtf are you on about mate?

It came from Eddie McGuire calling Kane Cornes and old c live and air and then later being re-dubbed during the replay as campaigner... :drunk:
I was simply explaining to him what campaigner meant, read the post again!!!

Commiserations on the loss.

Here are the midfield frequency stats from the match, in case you missed one of these posts from the 2nd half of last season, this is an overall summary of how often players started as one of your 5 mids at centre bounces. I'll be posting these after all of Melbourne's FTA matches.

Overall Summary - 29 Bounces

Jones 25 (22w, 3i)
Oliver 24
Viney 23 (1w)
Harmes 22 (1w)
Kolodjashnij 21 wing
Petracca 10 (1w)
Brayshaw 9 (1w)
Fritsch 9 wing
ANB 1 wing
Salem 1 wing

Rucks:
Gawn 25 (Stanley 21)
T.McDonald 3 (Ratugolea 8)
Weideman 1

1st Half - 12

Jones 10 wing
Oliver 10
Viney 9
Kolodjashnij 9 wing
Harmes 8 (1w)
Petracca 8 (1w)
Brayshaw 4 (1w)
Fritsch 2 wing

Gawn 9
T.McDonald 2
Weideman 1

2nd Half - 17

Jones 15 (12w, 3i)
Oliver 14
Viney 14 (1w)
Harmes 14
Kolodjashnij 12 wing
Fritsch 7 wing
Brayshaw 5
Petracca 2
ANB 1 wing
Salem 1 wing

Gawn 16
T.McDonald 1

Mid off the Back of the Square Role
Brayshaw 4
Harmes 1

Notes:
- Tried something different this week with Harmes starting the opening bounce off the back of the square, before using Brayshaw in the role. The tactic was dumped halfway through the first term.
- Brayshaw didn't feature at all in the rotation in Q4, possibly due to the corky he picked up during the game
- Petracca started at 8 of the opening 9 bounces, then wasn't utilised again until Q4.
- Surprisingly given the score, Sparrow didn't receive a rotation at all this week (last week he started inside twice).

Commiserations on the loss.

Here are the midfield frequency stats from the match, in case you missed one of these posts from the 2nd half of last season, this is an overall summary of how often players started as one of your 5 mids at centre bounces. I'll be posting these after all of Melbourne's FTA matches.

Overall Summary - 29 Bounces

Jones 25 (22w, 3i)
Oliver 24
Viney 23 (1w)
Harmes 22 (1w)
Kolodjashnij 21 wing
Petracca 10 (1w)
Brayshaw 9 (1w)
Fritsch 9 wing
ANB 1 wing
Salem 1 wing

Rucks:
Gawn 25 (Stanley 21)
T.McDonald 3 (Ratugolea 8)
Weideman 1

1st Half - 12

Jones 10 wing
Oliver 10
Viney 9
Kolodjashnij 9 wing
Harmes 8 (1w)
Petracca 8 (1w)
Brayshaw 4 (1w)
Fritsch 2 wing

Gawn 9
T.McDonald 2
Weideman 1

2nd Half - 17

Jones 15 (12w, 3i)
Oliver 14
Viney 14 (1w)
Harmes 14
Kolodjashnij 12 wing
Fritsch 7 wing
Brayshaw 5
Petracca 2
ANB 1 wing
Salem 1 wing

Gawn 16
T.McDonald 1

Mid off the Back of the Square Role
Brayshaw 4
Harmes 1

Notes:
- Tried something different this week with Harmes starting the opening bounce off the back of the square, before using Brayshaw in the role. The tactic was dumped halfway through the first term.
- Brayshaw didn't feature at all in the rotation in Q4, possibly due to the corky he picked up during the game
- Petracca started at 8 of the opening 9 bounces, then wasn't utilised again until Q4.
- Surprisingly given the score, Sparrow didn't receive a rotation at all this week (last week he started inside twice).
These stats just show how unfit Petracca is. Also shows where we'd like to play him but cant cause of it. Fumbling cause he is gassed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These stats just show how unfit Petracca is. Also shows where we'd like to play him but cant cause of it. Fumbling cause he is gassed

I'm not even sure if it's fitness, I haven't seen a player as low on confidence as he is since Mark Neeld set about destroying Jack Watts as a player and person.

He seriously needs to play VFL for a few weeks and just get back to enjoying himself an winning some contests

I'm not even sure if it's fitness, I haven't seen a player as low on confidence as he is since Mark Neeld set about destroying Jack Watts as a player and person.

He seriously needs to play VFL for a few weeks and just get back to enjoying himself an winning some contests
Has to be fitness ya dont start in mid 9 of 12 then only 2 of 15. If confidence is the sole reason ya dont stick him forward and take him out the midfield. confidence not highest and legs being gassed would make ya fumble the ball more. But yeah he looks like he needs a mini pre season and kick a bag in the VFL. long ******* season id rather try get him up and going than 1/2 arsed again

Remove this Banner Ad

Back