Review Dees v Handbaggers, Rd 23 @ the Handbaggery: the Good, Bad & Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Brothers, who made the bigger moose noise when it was realised that no-one had covered Gawn?

Rhys Stanley or Spudgun Hawkins?

Brothers, who made the bigger moose noise when it was realised that no-one had covered Gawn?

Rhys Stanley or Spudgun Hawkins?
Chris Scott

Smith just sticks to his man, he doesn't lost because he doesn't really try much else. He's the only defender we have quick enough and has played well every time he's played on a small quick bloke.

Exactly, people so slow to break this narrative, it might have been something two years but its been evident for a year now, hes like an old school defender, would never leave his mans side. You give him a task and Joel goes to work. Its when you dont give him a significant responsibility that he gets in trouble.

All commentary but SEN/AFL Nation which I couldn't find.

Had to cut the start of the ABC call as Brendan Goddard was spluttering like a fish about the deliberate call and it sounded like an audio error.

Awesome work "Blue" , haha, suck s**t, I know your first name now too. :p

Yeah I didn't even realise they called it until I heard that. Unfortunately what they put on thismorning was heavily edited and I'm not hugely keen on syncing a chopped up clip with the video.

Tried doing this sort of thing once, what * around it is.

Smith played in the prelim. Less said about this the better

Goody should drop Frittah again if we make it for old times sake.

Definitely a prank worthy scenario. Would love to see a hidden camera in a room and Goody call him in to say hes been dropped.

Do you ever think how poetic it really is this happaned. Obviously we all know it's Gawn striking back after that missed chance in 2018,

but i want to point your attention to something. Remember when he missed and the game concluded, remember Cam Guthrie came right up to max and got stuck into him about it.

Guthrie was the player last in possesion of the ball for the cats. from the shittest free kick call, he is the one who kicked it out of bounds on the full. Which in part lead to what happenned next

Two players creating a story three years in the making. I just wanted to point that out

Do you ever think how poetic it really is this happaned. Obviously we all know it's Gawn striking back after that missed chance in 2018,

but i want to point your attention to something. Remember when he missed and the game concluded, remember Cam Guthrie came right up to max and got stuck into him about it.

Guthrie was the player last in possesion of the ball for the cats. from the shittest free kick call, he is the one who kicked it out of bounds on the full. Which in part lead to what happenned next

Two players creating a story three years in the making. I just wanted to point that out

Great call, remind me never to do you wrong, PF remembers everything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It seemed every neutral commentary Team called the 50 or considered it legit. Suck it up David Brent.

I cut most of the reactions out but fwiw everyone was howling at the deliberate call.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
When Gawn marked I remember thinking I didn't care if he missed. Was already proud as * of the comeback, yet kinda knew he would kick it.

Also I'd love to know if that was a plan to win at the end or just a fluke. May charges to the goalsquare at the top of the screen and Brown and Tmac are already there. It sucks all the cats players back and then Gawn stands 20m out.

I just dont see anyone capable of taking Cameron as well as Smith can with May moving round stiff and sore atm. Certainly wouldn't trust Hibbo on him, looks like hes been in quicksand for a lot this year.
Cameron is just so mobile though in every direction. I’m not sure Smith has the smarts to deal with that. I miss Nev

Smith played the prelim final. Big story at the time how we selected him instead of Fritsch who'd played basically the whole season to that point.

Didn't make one iota of difference though.
We actually ended up moving Smith forward into Fritsch’s role

Cameron is just so mobile though in every direction. I’m not sure Smith has the smarts to deal with that. I miss Nev

I honestly think Smith has him easily covered for pace and mobility. Cameron being "fast" is one of the great myths around the ;league. Hes good at what he does, but a lot of the time hes just getting on the end of teammates good work in open space.

That said, hes definitely more agile than what Hibbo is currently, id back Pig in to do a job on heart alone but if youre looking at purely a match up perspective Smith is the perfect blend of height and agility for Cameron.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I dunno. I really do worry about Smith's footy smarts. He's a physical marvel but going he's a throwback to the spoil your teammates mentality of 2018.

That said he's the incumbent and hasn't played badly so he probably gets the gig.

I wish I could forget the whole thing but seem to remember him kicking a point reasonably early on from 45m. Kinda set the tone for the rest of the match, we were absolutely thumped beyond recovery by half time :(

I wish I could forget the whole thing but seem to remember him kicking a point reasonably early on from 45m. Kinda set the tone for the rest of the match, we were absolutely thumped beyond recovery by half time :(

I cant remember it but Frittah was playing in defense in 2018, not sure Smith kicked a behind did he?

He kicked 1.2 apparently.
Can't say I remember anything about the game but he did play forward.

I haven't watched that game since for obvious reasons, but im pretty sure he was in defense for the the first half at least, think i started having a bet on the nags in the second half and flicked it over to sky channel :tearsofjoy:

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I haven't watched that game since for obvious reasons, but im pretty sure he was in defense for the the first half at least, think i started having a bet on the nags in the second half and flicked it over to sky channel :tearsofjoy:
I got so drunk that I cant remember any of it. I actually don't remember if I watched the second half now lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back