Review Dees v Handbaggers: the Good, Bad & Fugly - Rd 4, 2021

Brother, I hope that you've noticed that I have tipped against us four times in a row. I sense that Hawforn is going to smash us next week !!!!

I'm just a realist that at some point we will have to play a decent team as we haven't played anyone so far. If we get a genuine top 4 team we'll be dismantled.
As long as the Saints beat the Tigers, they won’t be in the eight when we get them on ANZAC Eve.

Go Saints!

omit

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 27, 2008
AFL Club
Melbourne
Good:
Every player put in an effort today. We played intense and unselfish footy
Umpires actually paying throws

Bad:
The weather
The media is bound to start hyping us soon which is never a good thing

Fugly:
May probably has a fractured eye socket. I imagine that will keep him on the sidelines for a while

Goody being forcibly removed from the box by the real couches has worked out great. That's at least how I like to imagine it. 😂

He's a great cheerleader down on the bench. Let our real brain trust work in peace. 😉

Deelighted

Club Legend
Aug 2, 2009
AFL Club
Melbourne
Good:
Trac, Viney and Oliver
Langdon continuing his excellent form
Lever was huge
Slick Fritsch showing why we call him slick Fritsch
Tomlinson did reasonably well on Hawkins after may went off
Decent contribution from almost everyone

Bad:
Jordon was rarely sighted
May's injury, fingers crossed

Ugly:
The pure unmitigated gall of selwood to constantly cry to the umps after 15 years of ducking

Its weird this winning thing. I'm used to us all bagging the players, coach and eventually turning on each other. Could you imagine a world were we never lose?

Just waiting for Chris Scott to pay us no respect in his presser.

Demon bhoy

Club Legend
Oct 7, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Goody being forcibly removed from the box by the real couches has worked out great. That's at least how I like to imagine it. 😂

He's a great cheerleader down on the bench. Let our real brain trust work in peace. 😉
He’s found his niche at last, no more match day coaching or midweek game planning that’s not his thing, but blank stares and post game high fives and hug’s, he has that nailed.

Good-
4-0 wtf I feel sick
I'm fully convinced that we have the best defence in the comp, even after May went down we were rock solid. Lever is in AA form as well as May pre broken face, Tomlinson is playing really well and did pretty well on caveman thug Hawkins. Salem is in career best form, same with Hunt, Rivers is a star, Jetta has regained some form and I liked the move of Brayshaw back. Was much better this week, solid.
Tracc is back, used the ball better, kicked some goals.
Gawn dominant as usual.
Our tackling pressure was incredible, nearly the best I've seen, props to Viney, Kozzie and Spargo for leading the way there.

Bad-
Jordon and Melksham cannot play in the same side, Jordan's TOG decreased dramatically and neither had any impact. I'd take JJ.

Ugly-
May injury, not good dudes. RIP.
Umpiring was pretty s**t, * Selwood the flog, ducking campaigner.

LarryDavidNeitz

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2020
AFL Club
Melbourne
I’m really enjoying our forward pressure. Had them on the hop all day and stuck tackles. Spargo in particular was huge with his tackling should’ve been rewarded with frees a few times.

Lever is killing it this year and rest of the defence was pretty good too. Big challenge without May now though

Neither starred today but great to see Bradshaw and Hunt looking like decent AFL footballers again the last 2 weeks.

Good:
'Beaver' Lever built the dam as AmericanAFL said and was great down back, especially with May out. Tomlinson was solid on Hawkins too.
Midfield set up well and didn't all get sucked in, put on fantastic pressure. Oliver had a great game, more creative with the ball I thought. Not that many wasted touches. Viney was manic with his attack, conditions suited but he was great.
Whole team generally put on good pressure and were up bar that patch in the third.
Slick Fritsch! Nailing his shot now, love it.
Langdon and Brayshaw working well on the wings. Doing plenty of defensive work. Gus had a good game by the end I think.
Salem, Rivers and Hunt were good, gave some solid drive from the backline.
Kozzy getting into Selwood, love him. And the longies! Loved seeing a few around.

Bad:
Umps were pretty iffy both ways. Frustrating how inconsistent decisions can be. Good to see them call a few throws/incorrect disposals, but they let heaps of drops go and some of the 'throws' weren't.

Ugly:
Injury to May.

I’m really enjoying our forward pressure. Had them on the hop all day and stuck tackles. Spargo in particular was huge with his tackling should’ve been rewarded with frees a few times.

Lever is killing it this year and rest of the defence was pretty good too. Big challenge without May now though

Neither starred today but great to see Bradshaw and Hunt looking like decent AFL footballers again the last 2 weeks.

Dunno about Gus, thought he was alright last week but probably in our bottom 5 players today. He's become a really average footballer sadly.

Agree on Hunt though, really good fortnight.

Dunno about Gus, thought he was alright last week but probably in our bottom 5 players today. He's become a really average footballer sadly.

Gus's last quarter was good once he moved back, best quarter all year by far.

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Charles giving Selwood his own medicine with the knee drop and arm lift to win the high free kick in the second quarter made me smile.
Initially thought it was because he is a midget but then on replay was a textbook selwood knee drop shoulder shrug ******* loved it.
Honestly in years gone by we drop that game in the last, massive victory and it makes me feel that we really turning a corner with this team and becoming a genuinely good side. 4-0 feels bloody amazing, and especially against the Cats, fu** em.

Good: Trac, Oliver, Langdon were everywhere. Fritta was fantastic, becoming a genuinely good forward in the comp. Viney was immense with his 12 tackles.

We have efforts all over the ground which is exciting, was worried about our bottom 6 this season, but we've had contributors from everyone this season, guys like Spargo, ANB, Jordan etc have all played a part in wins.

Ugly: Geelong, fu** them, worst club in the league. You can tell Selwoods antics filter through the side, saw squib efforts from a lot of their younger players today, instead of actually trying to get rid of the ball. Was fun watching that Gryan Miers miss in the last quarter too, awful kicking technique, what a spanner.
To be honest I actually felt silently confident about todays game for that very reason ,our defense just looks so solid.
On miers I just can't stand him as a player. s**t name, s**t hair cut sorry white dudes enough with the dreadlocks we can't pull it off. Lastly that s**t kicking style.
Vote for spanner as an insult. Severely underrated.
I agree great insult very underrated up there with omelette.

On today's game happy with the result but still feels like another almost game. I don't expect perfection but I feel as if every game we've played has been an almost game. By that I feel we've been in control for most of the games but just haven't quite been able to take our chances and put teams to the sword but we are getting closer. Even when Geelong gained momentum in the game I still felt reasonably calm and that we would respond. Hopefully things click in next week.

Oct 19, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne

I was at the game and it felt like he saved us multiple times. Was in the right spot and didnt lose many contests. Would have to watch the reply but I reckon he was really solid.

Thought Gus played well, especially his second half. Went back and was very clean.

What I love is we are playing team football. Individuals might star but it’s because everyone is fulf their role. Very team oriented approach And all seem to have bought into this.

Watching it on replay and this is a real four quarter performance. Constant pressure and forced the Cats to play on our terms.

Good:
Full team performance.
Trac/Oliver breaking the tackle.
Forward pressure.

Bad:
Umpiring

Ugly:
May eye

Imet Hassa

All Australian
Aug 18, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
The obvious stars today ... AND... so rapt Hunt is breaking lines, reckon ANB deserves credit for going in harder than he ever has. We must absolutely make sure Trac and Oliver are one team for life players. Very much enjoying the camaraderie around the team.
Feeling good I am.

LarryDavidNeitz

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2020
AFL Club
Melbourne

I think he’s looking much sharper than he has for 2 years, without being that great. Gives me confidence that he can be of some use for this year.
Much more than I can say for Melksham.

Apr 14, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Lakers,Chelsea F.C.
fantastic win Dees
Didn't even Realise May was done for the day.
Having said that Hawkins is a big baby used to getting what he wants at Skilled.
*ing good work Tomlinson taking him to task , giving him norhing easy.

Enourmous energy leading to what could be Jones 300th v Richmond (assuming no injurys). We will top them. Quote me here, this 22 will get up for Chunc

Yea Melksham is cactus. Goody being one of his BFFs the only reason he's still getting a game. Give me Sparrow, Jordan or even Vanders any day.

Back