Review Dees v Handbaggers: the Good, Bad & Fugly - Rd 4, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick shout out to Trent Rivers too, was at the ground and he took a couple of really gutsy marks in defence, what a promising player he is, just the exact opposite of the guys we were drafting over the 07-14 period, all our young guys have grunt.

Also Watched Salem beat Guthrie in a marking contest with ease twice in a row, made Guthrie look like the B grader he is.

I think the umps are having real trouble telling what’s a throw and what’s a subtle handball . A couple of times yesterday a player pinged for a throw actually didn’t , and lost count when throws were missed .
Everyone's become experts in the crow throw, bloody tough for the umpies

Oliver still *s around with ball in hand too much. I don’t care if he gets pinged running towards goals but every time he doubles back looking for a handball and runs in a circle and then gets tackled it ******* hurts my brain

Spargo is a little superstar. I won’t hear a word against him
He only played well due to the opposition being down and paying him no respect. Downhill skier.

I think Tommo did an admirable job yesterday and has been excellent this year, but I dunno, pretty nevous with him taking the best forward every week.

The loss of May will be huge if it's long term. Get well mate. 🙏

We are just playing really good team football. Pressuring, positioning well and playing to each players strengths. No squibs, shocking turnovers or missed tackles.

The biggest change is how we aren't over committing to the contest. Something we have all been wanting for years.

Also, our younger players are getting less than 10 disposals but not having bad games is when you know we are playing team footy.

Still lots of room for improvement as well. We dropped tons of sitters while taking some good contested marks. And our inside 50's can be improved, such as when we reverted to some bad habits (maybe due to the conditions) in the 3rd.

We are doing the hard things consistently right at the moment, which is incredibly pleasing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching the replay our delivery into forward 50 was horrible though perhaps could be tired legs.
Geelong flooded and wind was insane. Not too worried about it.

Havent looked at the stats but apparently Jordan had 4 touches. sh*t that's bad.
Only had 58% TOG. He and Melksham cannot play in the same side, they do the exact same thing, I'd currently take JJ FWIW.

Quick shout out to Trent Rivers too, was at the ground and he took a couple of really gutsy marks in defence, what a promising player he is, just the exact opposite of the guys we were drafting over the 07-14 period, all our young guys have grunt.

Also Watched Salem beat Guthrie in a marking contest with ease twice in a row, made Guthrie look like the B grader he is.
Rivers is an absolute beast, putting together a ripping season.

Good: Langdon and Hunt in matching attire again today, I hope they do this every week. There's something very fun about watching them running side by side like this

Considering growing my hair out and changing my username to Langdon2Hunt

Doubt the club is worried about JJ, we have the luxury of treating him and Sparrow as long term prospects. They don’t have to play or star every week to develop. Will probably be patches this year where they’re sent back to the VFL to work on things etc.

That's a weird ass take mate, the only thing those two do similar is fu** all against the cats.
They're both the link. Melksham was in a couple centre bounces too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back