Review Dees v Hawks: Good, Bad & Fugly - Rd 7, 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

The Dr

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 20, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Agree with TK that it isn't a case of Brayshaw being a bad player (He isn't), it is a case of him being wasted in our current setup and therefore is the most logical person to trade out.

Exactly. It’s smart list management if we can bolster an area of weakness in giving up something in an area of strength.

Gus might push for a trade for his career’s sake, too.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

TheBoss

Club Legend
Oct 28, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Harmes/Sparrow/Jones are all fine depth of one of those gets injured, or you could just not play 3 ball hungry mids at a stoppage and run some others through it

Send Jones to the knackery, he is done!

I hope he gets a chance for a send off in front of fans at the MCG

May 3, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Exactly. It’s smart list management if we can bolster an area of weakness in giving up something in an area of strength.

Gus might push for a trade for his career’s sake, too.

Players need to be smart when choosing new clubs as well. No point joining another team with inside depth. I remember rolling my eyes when Tyson wanted to be traded to the Roos.

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
Players need to be smart when choosing new clubs as well. No point joining another team with inside depth. I remember rolling my eyes when Tyson wanted to be traded to the Roos.
I feel like Tyson probably went to the North as they were the only ones who wanted him ... and they wanted him because they're desperate to bring in anyone who has at least a bit of a name

The Dr

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 20, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne

Even more bizarre was Preuss choosing to come to us - great for us to have a decent back-up to Max, but awful decision making from Preuss in terms of his career.

Demon bhoy

Club Legend
Oct 7, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
But to balance it out we got a dud player we didn’t need as part of the trade, it was nice to be part of a trade where both clubs lost not just ours, it’s a Melbourne version of win win

No point trading Gus for less than a top 20 pick, which I doubt we'd get, so keep IMO. Might leave as a FA in two years anyway and would defs be paid enough to net us a pick at the end of the first round.

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
No point trading Gus for less than a top 20 pick, which I doubt we'd get, so keep IMO. Might leave as a FA in two years anyway and would defs be paid enough to net us a pick at the end of the first round.
100% agree. Unless we can get a late first rounder, forget it. Happy to trade him for a decent pick. If we can somehow get back in the first round next season, that would be a good result.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Watched the game again, we really ******* smashed them. :)
I watched it a third time today. I’ve reached that point where I know what’s coming up so I can pause it and yell at everyone in the house to come gather around so they can watch that bit 3 or 4 times with me doing a commentary about how good I personally think it is. Of course everyone is now just saying * off Gander, I’ve seen it, but I’m not letting that stop me.

TheBoss

Club Legend
Oct 28, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
But to balance it out we got a dud player we didn’t need as part of the trade, it was nice to be part of a trade where both clubs lost not just ours, it’s a Melbourne version of win win

He had played 8 games and MFC were offering to pay him a $400k salary for 4 years. Hardly a mystery why he chose to come.

I watched it a third time today. I’ve reached that point where I know what’s coming up so I can pause it and yell at everyone in the house to come gather around so they can watch that bit 3 or 4 times with me doing a commentary about how good I personally think it is. Of course everyone is now just saying fu** off Gander, I’ve seen it, but I’m not letting that stop me.
I always assumed it was only you and your significant other living together. Now I've got a revenge of the nerds fraternity house vibe about you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
I always assumed it was only you and your significant other living together. Now I've got a revenge of the nerds fraternity house vibe about you.
No. You were right the first time. I just thought the story played better if I somehow implied my partner was three separate people. In fairness though, he was pissed off enough for about three people combined.

Grimesy87

Cancelled
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
I still think he benefited from leaving. Beamer leaving just shows you how bad it was under neeld, he bled red and blue but by mid 2012 he already wanted out.

Got a 99.75 VCE and did a science/law doubled degree.
Funny thing, beamer is still as red and blue as you'd get.

Grimesy87

Cancelled
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
The worst part is Darling was clearly the next best forward in the draft but the club passed on him due to the "character flaws" of having a drink and taking a girl back to his room on school camp...
Goes with gawny saying on his interview yesterday about how Melbourne was so "private school".

Everyone knows private school students don't drink, nor fool around with loose women.

Demon bhoy

Club Legend
Oct 7, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
He had played 8 games and MFC were offering to pay him a $400k salary for 4 years. Hardly a mystery why he chose to come.
I know why he came and can’t blame him, it’s our dumb ******* club who keep doing stupid s**t that annoys me, still pales in comparison when compared to the deal given to KK, Mahoney should lose his job for that deal alone.

Fingers crossed we don’t have to see Pruess on the field in the next couple of years

I’m this || close to getting a new jumper with 13 on it, don’t you do this sh*t

If we trade him you'll still look good in it coz it was Allen Jakovich's number so don't stress.

If we trade him you'll still look good in it coz it was Allen Jakovich's number so don't stress.
I still have my 35 jumper from Tapscott and that hasn’t come good so I’m not holding out hope.

Although also Yze I spose

I still have my 35 jumper from Tapscott and that hasn’t come good so I’m not holding out hope.

Although also Yze I spose

Jesus, you went early on Tapscott...played 10 good games then his career hit the wall.

Jesus, you went early on Tapscott...played 10 good games then his career hit the wall.
I don't even remember that many from him. Aside from his bump on Hannebery in 2011(?) I can't remember any notable highlights.
A shame, because pre-draft and with his build and aggro could've been a solid player for us.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I don't even remember that many from him. Aside from his bump on Hannebery in 2011(?) I can't remember any notable highlights.
A shame, because pre-draft and with his build and aggro could've been a solid player for us.
He smashed Rhyce Shaw, also belted an Eagles bloke aswell.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back