Review Dees v Lions: Good, Bad and Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Screenshot_20230325_004942_AFL.jpg
Ice Cube Reaction GIF

The other devastating news about Max (if he misses an extended period) is that Viney becomes captain by default, and therefore has the golden ticket to be picked each week. Not that they'd ever drop him anyway, but that 0.0001% chance is gone

Alright I'll bite, I thought he was reasonable. Pulled off a few high risk high reward kicks including that one that led to a coast-to-coast goal - this at a time when it felt like every other player was just bombing to contests that no one was marking.

Disappointing game but at least the end was fun. Benny Brown deserves a special mention, his work below his knees has become way better and his confidence is up because of it.
Fixed our ball movement have we mate? That was peak dog s**t ball movement Melbourne. Looked every bit as bad as our worst footy and it's our best players responsible. You've had a mare with this one chief.

Even before Max was out, the lions showed they have learnt how to structure up against us. We looked fumbly and off and didn’t show a lot of fight. Was disappointed in Oliver and Petracca in particular first half. Final score flattered us and wouldn’t have been so close if the game wasn’t interrupted.

Fingers crossed Max isn’t an ACL, we can’t win the flag without him, our whole structure is built around him.

Clayton Oliver was a deadset moron in this game, if Gawn wasn't injured I would have subbed him off at half time. Long bomb after long bomb to no one. He's supposed to be our best player arguably and yet he's also gonna be the reason we can't win a flag when he plays like that. Had 37 disposals apparently, about 4 of them were useful rest were a ******* disgrace.

It’s amazing how often Oliver and Petracca hoof a mongrel punt up the line or inside 50 from a clearance. At least try getting it going end over end for a forward to mark it. Zero care for the ball.

Petty looks like a ******* donkey, ead mate go have a cry in the reserves.
Oliver get ****ed. Jack Viney is s**t, complete opposite of what we wanna play. Whole midfield falls apart trying to force him in there.

Only 2 players I think who left ok were Sparrow and Brayshaw. Brayshaw tried some corridor stuff and Sparrow played with intensity

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That type of game makes you genuinely concerned if we can do anything this year. We didn't just get beaten we got absolutely flogged in everything. Under pressure and we reverted back to the worst type of footy possible. Gave up stoppage goals for fun, couldn't move the footy and made both our wingers and key forwards anonymous. Browns looking strangely sharp and yet don't think we kicked a single footy to him on a lead. Horrible that under the first sign of pressure we went to complete water and the new ball movement that we never even saw against the dogs anyway complete evaporated to boring as long down the line s**t. We've how played a half of s**t footy against the dogs and 3.5 of s**t against the lions. Oliver s**t start to the season, Langdon and Hunter been frozen out of games and our back 6 fallen apart without May and Petty deciding to disappear. Our key forwards have no ability to impose themselves in the air and our defence outside Lever can't mark the ball to halt momentum.

Can't remember being this mad and frustrated after a game. Wasn't a single thing we did well, the way we rolled over in the midfield it was like we never showed up. Giving up forward stoppage goals like that is a complete lack of care and preparation. We would seriously wanna come out breathing fire next week because if we show up like that again it's season over.

I reckon Grundy is cooked, the Deees are welcome too him. He did very little in his last two yrs with us, injuries included. We got three top recruits for him, so that worked out well for us.
No one gives a rats toss bag what you think nerd piss off back to your mums basement

I reckon Grundy is cooked, the Deees are welcome too him. He did very little in his last two yrs with us, injuries included. We got three top recruits for him, so that worked out well for us.
Fascinating. Here I was thinking you got 1 pick for him that was used on a player who is yet to debut.

images (19).jpeg

See ya

I hate shitting on Melky cause it's not his fault he gets picked but when we are rolling out McDonald, Brown and Melk as 3 forwards, 3 blokes who all look like they could retire at the end of the year I think nothing's changed in the coaches box.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Chandler dropped for Pickett when he's back. Nothing's changed. It's the same tried and tested blokes doing the same tried and tested s**t that doesn't work

I concur with all of us in saying it's the worst game we've played in years. Usually when we lose, it's against a team who slices us up on the outside - I can't remember being bashed up inside in a long, long time.

The sort of performance that does make you worry that our team might be on the decline. Swans are every chance to smash us next week unless we somehow improve every aspect of our game in a week.

Melk and Harms and McDonald all look soooooo cooked.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I concur with all of us in saying it's the worst game we've played in years. Usually when we lose, it's against a team who slices us up on the outside - I can't remember being bashed up inside in a long, long time.

The sort of performance that does make you worry that our team might be on the decline. Swans are every chance to smash us next week unless we somehow improve every aspect of our game in a week.

Melk and Harms and McDonald all look soooooo cooked.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Not gonna take away from our flag cause * knows we deserved it. But the teams that finished top 4 in 2021 would get ******* flogged by Sydney/Geelong/Collingwood of last year I have no doubt about it. We don't look as good as ourselves even in 21 meanwhile the competitions moved forward. I'm gonna need some fair convincing we didn't win it a weak year. They all count for the same but we needed to improve, I think we've gone backwards.

I hate shitting on Melky cause it's not his fault

when I have a go at Melk im more having a go at Goody. He shouldn't be anywhere near the team unless we get flogged by injuries.

His selection typifies what's wrong like you said, same old players constantly. Should have traded Viney years ago, should have moved on from Harmes and Salem last offseason. Could have got a decent return for all of them and plugged some holes with some quality young talent and some actual difference makers. If youre standing still youre not getting better. Loyalty schmoyalty.

Bad …. It appears our coach has learnt nothing or the senior players are just doing their own thing . So flat after watching that crap we served up last night. It appears we have stood still while other teams have progressed. In 2021 we dared to win , now we look scared to take the game on . Losing Max was bad enough , no Kozzie is a disaster. Heat should definitely be on the coach after that putrid display .

Not gonna take away from our flag cause * knows we deserved it. But the teams that finished top 4 in 2021 would get ******* flogged by Sydney/Geelong/Collingwood of last year I have no doubt about it. We don't look as good as ourselves even in 21 meanwhile the competitions moved forward. I'm gonna need some fair convincing we didn't win it a weak year. They all count for the same but we needed to improve, I think we've gone backwards.
There’s no such thing as a weak year, it’s all relative to the competition. We won and that’s that. No point comparing us to 2022, Collingwood and Sydney weren’t there and we decimated Geelong in a PF.

Need to sort the midfield stuff out. Brown was good, Petty might need to go forward, TMac is done, and we are missing May. Brisbane were flogged by Port last week and we only lost by 11 once we got our act together.

Petracca, Oliver, Viney are the core midfielders, they need to cop the flack. No point playing Petracca in the forward line.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back