Review Dees v Lions: the Good, Bad & Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

no doubt Goodwin will spin this into some positive bullshit, but that was a disgraceful performance.

Mids absolutely murdered around the ball,
No one wanted to chase or tackle
Skill level not even close to AFL standard

Should have been a 70-80 point loss.

Serious questions will need to be asked around the list at years end- too many VFL players on there right now.

Complete coaching cleanout required as well, goody coaching for his career next year. I dont think he has the right people around him for that to end well.

Season can go die on a fire. The optimism I felt walking into the MCG round 1 against Port, was killed within a couple of weeks.

Most disappointing season in a long while, purely because I really felt like we’d turned a corner, one year of finals in 10 doesn’t allow for yet another shite season.

Not even that confident we can turn it around and challenge next year, and if this group can’t come to close to a flag, then will it ever happen.

Rant over. Go dees.

Just don't get how they can be this bad. Like I get that we fluked our way into finals and faced 2 poxy opponents and came within a bees dick of almost choking both finals wins away. But how has every deficiency that was glaringly obvious for anyone to see with our lack of pace, skills, decision making, gameplan and effort suddenly been exposed so badly in every game this year?

The fact we aren't even remotely close to competing for a finals spot is an indictment on both the playing group and coaching staff. That should have been the minimum goal, here we are trying to use our "winning culture" to keep us off the bottom of the ladder.

There was no need to sign this ******* awful coach to a 4 year deal. It's like we won a premiership last year and he was in demand from any other club. I don't get it. I never will and will hope we don't ruin too many players careers before he gets moved on and someone who can coach takes over. Every year this club finds new and novel ways to disappoint the fans, I always wait for it to happen but am always surprised at the fashion in which they manage to do it. This year is an absolute doozy and I am excited to see how we can top it with another let down next year!

The optimism I felt walking into the MCG round 1 against Port
Rant over. Go dees.
Same here mate, i have never in my 16 years being a member left a game early.
Even the time Freo were 9 goals in front of us at half time that one time long ago when Wonni and Jurah were kicking around in the Pockets with us and Stynesy was at the helm, my old man put his arm around me and said "Son, im so sorry" (Mind you as we all know we end up winnning!) Proof was in the pudding that day that we had more heart than this group of downhill skiers.

Round One killed me. I stayed for 85% of the game, but needed to get a head start on getting the train to beat the traffic. (I got to the Richmond HQ before i heard the siren go, go figure, good head start that was!:rolleyes:) Only time i ever left early. I remember remaking to a Melb supporter after the game at the train, "don't know what was worse, the putrid effort we put up or me walking out early?"

The Anti melb Bias was never more obvious when Hodge Kicked it down the line to avoid the danger, kick the ball out of the congestion and lo and behold it bounces out of bounds. Umpires didnt pay it.
Jones did EXACTLY the same thing and got penalised for "DeLiBeRaTlY KiCkInG" it out of bounds. I was out of *s to give at that point of the game but really was highlighted the anti MFC Bias some umpires have.

If your going to pay it, at least ******* pay it consistently.

The Anti melb Bias was never more obvious when Hodge Kicked it down the line to avoid the danger, kick the ball out of the congestion and lo and behold it bounces out of bounds. Umpires didnt pay it.
Jones did EXACTLY the same thing and got penalised for "DeLiBeRaTlY KiCkInG" it out of bounds. I was out of ****s to give at that point of the game but really was highlighted the anti MFC Bias some umpires have.

If your going to pay it, at least ******* pay it consistently.
out of everything surely you're not starting with the umpires...

May was good today despite a few silly kicks out of defence

Hipwood still kicked 5 (a couple from bullshit frees).

Today showed me that our defesive structures are worse than our supposed poor kpd players we tried to replace from last year

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yep lucky we have him in the team otherwise Hipwood might have kicked 5+

I don't know what you reckon stinger but i really miss Jesse. Even when May plays well I'll refuse to acknowledge him, I HATE HIM!!!!

Our whole game plan is built on pressure and we had 36 tackles for the entire game. How many times did Zorko or Neale waltze away from a clearance?

Garbage

Yep. Our forward line hardly laid a tackle between them and the midfield weren't much better. We were donked in the middle of the ground and well behind in the clearances. Was another good example of us being a player up yet we were the ones struggling to finish the game out. 32 scoring shots to 19, probably should have been closer to an 8 goal loss on game play.

I don't know what you reckon stinger but i really miss Jesse. Even when May plays well I'll refuse to acknowledge him, I HATE HIM!!!!
May was ok again today, but their best forward kicked 5 and took 9 marks, the sole reason he’s here is to stop that

May was ok again today, but their best forward kicked 5 and took 9 marks, the sole reason he’s here is to stop that

How many did Cameron kick? You know, May's opponent for most of the day.. * me

May was good today despite a few silly kicks out of defence

Hipwood still kicked 5 (a couple from ******** frees).

Today showed me that our defesive structures are worse than our supposed poor kpd players we tried to replace from last year

May played on Cameron though, and shut him down like few ever have

Petty was on Hipwood, so you'll need to write a polite letter to Mr Goodwin and our new backline coach about that.

Why wasn’t May on their best forward, the sole reason he’s here. **** me

1. Cameron is their best forward
2. I'm pretty sure the coaches decide who he man's up on.

What among

Remove this Banner Ad

Back