Review Dees v Lions: the Good, Bad & Fugly

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
May was ok again today, but their best forward kicked 5 and took 9 marks, the sole reason he’s here is to stop that
Go have a lie down, May was far better than "ok," he was excellent ... You can't blame him for Hipwood kicking 5 when he wasn't playing on him. He spent his day on Cameron, a match up thoroughly to Cameron's advantage, and comprehensively beat him. The coaches not making the move to Hipwood has nothing to do with May.

36AD

Senior List
May 14, 2004
Beautiful Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
The Anti melb Bias was never more obvious when Hodge Kicked it down the line to avoid the danger, kick the ball out of the congestion and lo and behold it bounces out of bounds. Umpires didnt pay it.
Jones did EXACTLY the same thing and got penalised for "DeLiBeRaTlY KiCkInG" it out of bounds. I was out of ****s to give at that point of the game but really was highlighted the anti MFC Bias some umpires have.

If your going to pay it, at least ******* pay it consistently.
Yep, esp number 8

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
In more positive news, we're only 4 games and a fair chunk of percentage outside the 8. :thumbsupemoji:

36AD

Senior List
May 14, 2004
Beautiful Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
Anti Melb bias shows up regularly. For instance Walker should be suspended for head butting. They reckon no vision, act can be seen, umpire was in view...

Demon bhoy

Club Legend
Oct 7, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Go have a lie down, May was far better than "ok," he was excellent ... You can't blame him for Hipwood kicking 5 when he wasn't playing on him. He spent his day on Cameron, a match up thoroughly to Cameron's advantage, and comprehensively beat him. The coaches not making the move to Hipwood has nothing to do with May.
You missed my point again

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
Too busy watching Freo, I miss Jesse. 😟
It's a shame we don't get to live through a season of Jesse doing * all in this garbage team, floating in and out of the team with various injuries and off field discretions, only to be traded to Freo at the end of the year for an early 2nd rounder, and a faction of supporters lamenting us not trading him last year when he still had some reasonable value, and being able to swap him for Steven May, to fix our deplorable defence, who has now gone off to Collingwood.

The Jesse lovers are like the people who hate their ex girlfriends new boyfriend even though they don't know him and she dumped them.

Last edited:

Demon bhoy

Club Legend
Oct 7, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
To be fair, when you change your point after the fact, it's pretty easy to miss.

Your first statement was to label May as only "ok" once again, before being shot down by everyone.
He was ok our 5th best in a 5 goal defeat apparently, the point was clear why wasn’t he on the best forward

Demon bhoy

Club Legend
Oct 7, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
It's a shame we don't get to live through a season of Jesse doing **** all in this garbage team, floating in and out of the team with various injuries and off field discretions, only to be traded to Freo at the end of the year for an early 2nd rounder, and a faction of supporters lamenting us not trading him last year when he still had some reasonable value, and being able to swap him for Steven May, to fix our deplorable defence, who has now gone off to Collingwood.
Yep our defence is flying and we have only lost 3 of the 4 games May has played.

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
He was ok our 5th best in a 5 goal defeat apparently, the point was clear why wasn’t he on the best forward
I'd have thought anyone of a sound mind - so not our coaches - would probably only give Salem a better game than him, because our two contested clearance beasts in Oliver and Viney were obviously fantastic losing Centre Clearances 20-6.

He was on their best forward, and he shut him down.

Demon bhoy

Club Legend
Oct 7, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
I'd have thought anyone of a sound mind - so not our coaches - would probably only give Salem a better game than him, because our two contested clearance beasts in Oliver and Viney were obviously fantastic losing Centre Clearances 20-6.

He was on their best forward, and he shut him down.
Yep Salem was excellent beyond that May and one or two others were ok in a horrible performance. I’ll except I’m judging May to harshly and my problem isn’t with him the player as such but what we paid to get him, and I do think his supporters are so desperate for him to be seen as great games like today are being seen as the second coming.

Mays overall influence on team performance is minimal, he’s a fullback, Lachie Neale changed clubs for the same pick 6, that’s the sort of player I want for that investment.

And for the record I don’t care about Hogan, he doesn’t play for my team anymore, I don’t wish he fails like some here do but I don’t care if he does.
Apologies if I’m being a dick after to many years this ******* club I’m bitter and twisted

I don't know what you reckon stinger but i really miss Jesse. Even when May plays well I'll refuse to acknowledge him, I HATE HIM!!!!
did you readmy post above? im guessing not. ...

I clearly stated that my concern is around our defensive structures.....in fact i complimented May on his game!

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

May played on Cameron though, and shut him down like few ever have

you realise I am not bagging May, yeah?

I am bagging our defensive structures!

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
The Jesse lovers are like the people who hate their ex girlfriends new boyfriend even though they don't know him and she dumped them.
I have no idea why that analogy works, because it shouldn’t

did you readmy post above? im guessing not. ...

I clearly stated that my concern is around our defensive structures.....in fact i complimented May on his game!

Yet for whatever reason you bring up hipwood kicking 5 goals in a reply to a post made about May 🤔

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
I have no idea why that analogy works, because it shouldn’t

quote-they-don-t-think-it-be-like-it-is-but-it-do-oscar-gamble-58-9-0987.jpg

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
Well finals are gonna be bloody tough now. Absolutely gutted those blue and red DANDYLIONS threw away a piss easy game. Premierships opportunities don't come around often and if lions being a game out of top 4 is any indication, this would have been as good a year to win one as any, well for a team that isn't ABSOLUTELY SHITHOUSE like Melbourne is anyway. Only half decent side is Geelong and their finals record is pants. * this s**t. We could have won everything this year but instead the only prize we'll get is a Top 4 pick and an entire off-season of people hanging s**t on us. Let's just hope and pray there's a nice KEY POSITION DEFENDER to waste our bounty on. Give him a bung leg and/or a couple of knock to the scon and we'll throw in some steak knives too.

Only good thing about today's loss is Stevie May played a game reasonable enough to re-ignite the most non-stimulating conversation that's ever happened in the history of bigfooty (again). BUT WHAT ABOUT ALL THE GOALS WE DIDN'T KICK, WHAT ABOUT ALL THE GOALS THE OTEHR GUY KICKED, NEEEEERRRRRRRRR. If Hogan was around now he'd be doing exactly what everyone else is doing- miraculously turning into an embarrassing, smouldering, un-tradeable pile of s**t.

And that's not saying May's not a *******, all I asked of him today was to snot some paddlepop dickhead and he couldn't even do that. He had a crack at Frosty instead. If I was Sammy I would've turned around to May and said: "Oi Steve where the * were you when we were getting thrashed all year? Oh that's right, you were down at the ******* pub getting sauced. * rehab, right Stevie? Hey Stevie... Stevie? Piss off back to Gold Coast mate".

What a prick that guy is, but whatever, truth is he is one player out of a total of approximately three who hasn't regressed at the speed of light this year.
Harmes- pretty sure he could kick goals in 2018. In 2019 his set shots are trash.
Brayshaw- came third in the brownlol now he thinks he's harlem globetrotter or that blind comic book character who does all this mad s**t that blind people can't do. This must be what goody says when he says there's no connection. Mate there's no connection because the players aren't looking where the * they're passing too. They're literally handballing over their ******* heads. WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!!?!?
Oliver- Had a a s**t year. And had a s**t game. At one point the commentator was like: "INTERCEPTION BY <random brisbane guy>!!!" I'm looking at the TV thinking that's not a ******* interception Oliver just hand-balled it directly to the wrong person. Again.
Pretty much anyone who has a clear shot at goal from up to 40 metres out- why are our players deliberately not kicking it between the sticks!?! LOL jokes rhetorical question I know why they're not taking manageable shots at goal it's because they're scared of ******* them up ie: they are literally a bunch of pussies. It's horrendous. Harden the * up.

Anyway enough of the negative stuff. Here's all the positive s**t:
1. Christian Salem, or as I'm going to refer to him from now on, "THE MAN WITH THE IRON HIPS". Not sure that one's gonna catch on. Bit of a mouthful.
2. Loved the commentators creaming themselves over Tommy Mac in the first quarter: "WAS BACK TO HIS 2018 BEST LAST WEEK (no he wasn't), HE'S BACK IN FORM EVERYONE (no he isn't), LOOK AT HIM GO!!!!". Cue Tommy winding back the clock to, let's say, roughly three weeks ago.
3. Oskar face-planting. Not a big fan of BT's commentary or BT himself but kudos to him on calling that one: "His nose left an indent in the ground". Might have imagined that one actually. Either that's the kind of detailed analysis that's missing in television commentary today.
4. Nathan Jones.
5. ****ed if I know I barely watched it.

Pffft I'm done whatever that was s**t.

Back