Review Dees v Lions: the Good, Bad & Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Ollie Murphy might be around for our second pick but he's listed as 200cm and 85kgs which means he won't be up to it for a few years. Barrass would be handy but would probably cost us too much.
Barass is a ******* gun. Might be able to shake him for a later first rounder. If we still have this year's pick available we might be able to sneak him for that

Barass is a ******* gun. Might be able to shake him for a later first rounder. If we still have this year's pick available we might be able to sneak him for that
There'd be a few clubs after him. Would trade our second first rounder in a heartbeat for him but I reckon the Eagles would demand more. Still got ages on his current contract.

There'd be a few clubs after him. Would trade our second first rounder in a heartbeat for him but I reckon the Eagles would demand more. Still got ages on his current contract.
Yeah we paid what 5 for May? He's worth probably about the same. Barass bit more of a marker than a pure defender but * he'd improve us. If we could bring him in with a young mid id pull that trigger. Barass is better than lever imo

Yeah we paid what 5 for May? He's worth probably about the same. Barass bit more of a marker than a pure defender but * he'd improve us. If we could bring him in with a young mid id pull that trigger. Barass is better than lever imo
Yeah personally would prioritise a midfielder but maybe if we could nab Gold Coasts pick trading for points we could keep the Freo pick and still get him.

Yeah personally would prioritise a midfielder but maybe if we could nab Gold Coasts pick trading for points we could keep the Freo pick and still get him.
I dunno. Im very torn on it. We need a midfielder but I'm starting to lean towards us needing a key back more. The fact that we can match it with Brissy in the middle without a mid shows maybe we can make that work but when May was dragged away and had a shocker we looked horrible. A superstar mid would be awesome for when we are on top, but I think a key back would help more with the 2nd and 3rd quarter when we were getting done.

I dunno. Im very torn on it. We need a midfielder but I'm starting to lean towards us needing a key back more. The fact that we can match it with Brissy in the middle without a mid shows maybe we can make that work but when May was dragged away and had a shocker we looked horrible. A superstar mid would be awesome for when we are on top, but I think a key back would help more with the 2nd and 3rd quarter when we were getting done.
Thought our midfield was pretty ordinary against the Saints and very good against Brisbane which was a bit of a surprise with who the Lions have in there. At the same time Viney is just about in career best form and Brayshaw had his best game in ages, never seen him hit so many targets. I'd need to see them sustain that level to come with you on that. But that Suns pick is probably the key to having the best of both worlds.

Could do something like trade our original first and second for their first or our two seconds and next years first for their first this year and second next year.

Trade one of Freos first or Gold Coasts first for Barrass and take the other picks to the draft.

Thought our midfield was pretty ordinary against the Saints and very good against Brisbane which was a bit of a surprise with who the Lions have in there. At the same time Viney is just about in career best form and Brayshaw had his best game in ages, never seen him hit so many targets. I'd need to see them sustain that level to come with you on that. But that Suns pick is probably the key to having the best of both worlds.

Could do something like trade our original first and second for their first or our two seconds and next years first for their first this year and second next year.

Trade one of Freos first or Gold Coasts first for Barrass and take the other picks to the draft.
Yeah I'm not saying I'm all good with the midfield now, far from it it needs work for sure. But if I'm only getting one of the 2 I think we need a key back more especially because May is a lot closer to the end than the beginning and we have absolutely nothing behind him

It's nuts that melkshams been cooked for 3 years and still been the main man for 2 of the best wins ever as a Dees fan beating Carlton and Brisbane. Combine it with the ******* awesome goal he kicked against Hawthorn in the 18' semi and man has he provided some good times for us

It's nuts that melkshams been cooked for 3 years and still been the main man for 2 of the best wins ever as a Dees fan beating Carlton and Brisbane. Combine it with the ******* awesome goal he kicked against Hawthorn in the 18' semi and man has he provided some good times for us
Don't forget destroying Jeremy McGovern to take us to our first finals series in 12 years in 2018.
When he marked it I actually thought he was the perfect bloke to take the shot. Loves a big moment.

I'm really glad we got him to 100 games for us.

He’s a weird player in that he will struggle to crack 10 disposals but he is super high impact when he gets the ball. Also quite good in a marking contest for his size, he always plays well on the intercept defenders.

I still hate that we conceded an inside 50 entry with 12 seconds to go and the ball down our end, great win, but gotta be better than that, our stoppage work still a bit suss.

Still an incredible win, same vibes as the Carlton win last season, was so pumped up.
Game should've ended with JVR snapping it from 30 out.

Bloody hell this was a good goal from Viney.

Not given enough respect by media. Not waiting for your moment to put us within a kick with 2 minutes left, Viney went and created that moment out of nothing all by himself. ******* epic. Should be a goal of the year contender.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's what I've been wondering.

Future picks, plus our 2nd Rnd selections; maybe we trade the 2nd Rnd selections to up our points, to suit GCSuns?
We might just keep our 2023 1st Rnd'r, to go with our early Freo pick.?

Also we might have a player or 2, who might be just what the Suns need, in order to stiffen them up a bit.

Our midfield is doing quite well without Clarry atmo; when he's back, we will be better for it, with his injury time.

Tracca just got better with his forward craft.
And Gawn just found his aggression again after some in-house chat. Just in time.

IF Grundy can do like wise, and find some aggro at the footy, instead of his passiveness, he can also become a weapon for good.

And hopefully he will stop trying to do too much with the ball below his knees. Those fumbles and moving the ball to bad spots hurts us when he has his eyes looking toward the grass.

Melk is a funny one, either plays well above or well below what everyone expects. His drop punt set shots give me zero confidence, was sure he'd miss when lining up, sprays them far too often and no idea why hes suddenly started trying to kick low darts the past 2 years instead of kicking through the ball. Would have much preferred him snapping on his opposite foot from the pocket

Ive watched the replay 5 or 6 times now and I swear McInerney should have touched the ball on the line but the unco * forget which leg he used to jump off and fell forward instead like a glitching npc.. take a look im sure you will agree.

Game should've ended with JVR snapping it from 30 out.
That for sure, then Petracca over runs the ball which creates the stoppage and then blokes like Salem and Jordan get stuck ball watching as the lions players sprint forward. Bit like the Carlton game last year. Didn't see anything special in the last minute to win it just individual brilliance and good luck

Gawn just found his aggression again after some in-house chat. Just in time.
Tell GIF by Grease Live

I think he thought if I kick a point they will get possession
Meh, he's a forward and should have backed himself from that position. Wouldn't have been so bad anyway as a point would have saved us from a draw and we should know how to defend a hail mary kick in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back