Review Dees v Maggies - the Good, Bad & Fugly on Queens Birthday - Round 13, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Did Weid even play today? I don't recall seeing him /s

Give Brown a run I reckon. At least he can drag an opponent out to the 50 arc so there is less congestion for Tmac and Fritsch
In what world was that even a slight issue today. Collingwood didn't nearly double our scoring shots because Ben Brown didn't play.

Weed ain't doing anything. What the hell are his total stats for the year. Will look like one game for Tmac.
Yeah Tmac had a ripping game today tho right? So did Fritsch.

Or maybe the midfield and flankers were terrible and it caused our whole system to fall apart.

2-2 in our last 4. Lost to 2 sh*t teams and beat 2 great ones.

If we lose to Port WC and Geelong away which is very very feasible we can miss top 4 pretty easily.

That's just unacceptable.
Lol, on that performance we could miss the 8. We are capable of anything, well except winning today.

Sparrow offers even less than Weid honestly. I can't have him anymore. Great opportunity to cement your place in the side over Melk then you serve up that.

I've got no doubt Weid's time is up. Terrible delivery today but you can't keep putting up doughnuts and expect to survive.

Hibbo, Slick, Oliver, Kozzy, Harmes, Gawn (better second half but who cares) , Langdon, Trac, TMac all horrible. When you have that many of your big guns down you're not winning no matter who you play.

The loss doesn't fall on Weideman's shoulders bla bla. Be that as it may, he's now played five games for a grand total of 39 disposals, three goals and nine tackles.

Oliver hit those numbers in a single game this year.

Last edited:
Weed is averaging 7.3 pressure acts a game so what is he honestly providing apart from a warm body that is 6'4"; I don't think our forward line is too tall or anything and there's a clear downside to having Ben Brown in the team(5.3 pressure acts a game) but his hands are also horrendous(and honestly they've never been good apart from the 2018 finals) and he's not converting. But kicking 3 goals a game against rubbish last year means he was as good as Harry McKay...he's just not good. Would honestly give Mitch Brown a go at this rate because whilst Weed isn't so much the root cause of any of our issues he'd have to be one of the least in form forwards in the league.

Tho yeah really more than anything they killed us at stoppages. Our own stoppage work wasn't fantastic, so many times a fumble or a missed handpass and they killed us on the rebound.

Vines in for Sparrow after the bye but does that solve everything? Vines a bit of a tunnel vision operator himself inside and tunnel vision was what contributed to our issues I thought

Last edited:
Best part of the day was the CEO of the AFL torching MeatLoaf

“It’s a decade (since his performance) this year. He brought shame to the MCG, the committee got rolled, he brought shame on America.

“He complained he needed 100 Harleys and he only got three, that was the reason he performed badly. He said we underpaid him, he got half a million dollars, it was $499,000 too much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or maybe the midfield and flankers were terrible and it caused our whole system to fall apart.

Tmac and fritz have had terrific seasons to date. Weedz has done s**t all

Horrible performance all round really - as mentioned above, it was a classic return to selfish football from the majority of the team and it started in the middle.

Trac, Jordan and Oliver combined for 4 tackles - Harmes laid 6 but out of our first choice mids it felt like if they didn't win it then there was zero defensive pressure.

Fritsch was terrible, his man was best on ground, he didn't get near it and didn't look like trying.

Weid needs to go back to the 2's - still think he's got the ability to contribute at AFL level but he's completely reactive at the moment.

The big fugly, our game plan after the 1st quarter - seemed to go into damage control and kick the ball to the pocket every single F50 entry? I know we had a few chopped off in the first quarter, but they were execution/decision making errors and don't justify changing our game plan entirely to something that just doesn't work.

The only players who looked like the wanted to win the game in the fourth quarter were in our backline, Lever, May & Hunt.

The loss doesn't fall on Weideman's shoulders bla bla. Be that as it may, he's now played five games for a grand total of 39 disposals and three goals and nine tackles.

Oliver hit those numbers in a single game this year.

Yeah but bro, Tmac and fritz had bad games lol so weedz is cool.

Trac, Jordan and Oliver combined for 4 tackles - Harmes laid 6 but out of our first choice mids it felt like if they didn't win it then there was zero defensive pressure.

This is exactly the point. You can smash Weid all you want but that's a truly embarassing stat, Weid played poorly but that's just not even trying from AA level players. If I'm goody thats being put on a piece of paper and hung above the changerooms before we walkout against Essendon.

Agreed.

Regardless, Weed needs to go because it's pretty clear his confidence is cooked - I'd opt for 2 tall forwards and bring in another mid-sized player for pressure.

Film room request Topkent: how the * did Collingwood get so many waves of players in their goal's direction unopposed. Mainly from clearances but * we even had a breakdown defending a kick-in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back