Review Dees v Maggies - the Woeful, the Inept, the Useless

Remove this Banner Ad

Aside from the result, can't fault the side. Everyone was magnificent.

1. Skills are B grade
2. A midfield that is one way focused and focused predominantly on being inside is not sustainable - we know this
3. We just get turned inside out and get killed for space

The biggest issue is no.1. The skills are deplorable. I’ve seen VFL teams move it and hit targets better. That’s not a lie. We are at the stage where it’s just ‘can’t wait to finish’. It’s that bad. Just get blokes into surgery now if needed, no need to risk Lever the next two, May is done, anyone else that is 50/50 just put on ice.

Goodwin and co need to start setting up 2020 early on, move on coaches etc that aren’t up to it, make every player trade bait bar the obvious, make sure we look to address the obvious deficiencies.

This is an absolute cluster * of gigantic proportions.

Honestly think Gus has completely checked out mentally.
Yeah he’s looked noticeably bad the last two weeks IMO. Hasn’t had a great season obviously but even someone who doesn’t have a clue like me can tell it’s genuinely gotten worse.

We’ve had a bunch of game this season where it hasn’t been a blow-out, but we’ve also been nowhere near winning. Collingwood took the foot off the gas and we were able to kick a few goals late in the game, but we were genuinely unthreatening after 1/4 time.

Just a dumpster fire of a season, and it justifies the general pessimism of being a Melbourne supporter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't see the game thankfully because I'm still in transition of moving house. Sounded like it went to plan. Wasted opportunities early, leaked goals, poor skills, can't score never looked like winning. Wasted season just need to start looking towards next year.

Petraccas set shot kicking is so frustrating - its a different game today if he doesn't s**t the bed in front of goal again. He is doing a fair bit right but geez he needs to improve his finishing.
That one goal he kicked was all time. Such a tease.

Petraccas set shot kicking is so frustrating - its a different game today if he doesn't s**t the bed in front of goal again. He is doing a fair bit right but geez he needs to improve his finishing.
He's missed at least 20 goals or more this season, and so many have been within 30m. His kicks either missing, or passing off to someone ridiculously. He kicks 15 more goals this year, he is in the conversation as one of the leagues better half forwards. That's how much he's doing right.

I watched 5 mins of this game, flicked the tv over to fox footy at 4:05, saw the losers were gonna lose went back to watching the nags on sky. I stand by my decision.

Goody back at it again this week in after the siren, we were good for two quarters, lol, Mr predictable. It's become like a car crash to me that segment, I can't look away even tho what I'm seeing is horrible.

Which is more than I can say for the football team. No interest in them whatsoever, can we just forfeit the remaining games please?

He's missed at least 20 goals or more this season, and so many have been within 30m. His kicks either missing, or passing off to someone ridiculously. He kicks 15 more goals this year, he is in the conversation as one of the leagues better half forwards. That's how much he's doing right.
I was scathing on him earlier but he has gone up a gear. Between him and Brayshaw I know who I’d want to trade.

I half agree. His set shot kicking is frustrating - I'm no mind reader but he looks stressed every time he lines up within 40m. He also has a high ball drop which means he doesn't connect with maybe 1/3 shots.

However, I don't think it's a different game today if he nails those two shots. We were nowhere near winning that game despite what the scoreboard says.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back