Ugly
$600 on flights when I could have seen snow footy

Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
The Good
Not being an Essendon supporter.

The Bad
Fadeout 10 mins into second quarter and the third quarter.

The Ugly
Rookie players outperforming some veteran players and May getting injured.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Having the worst forward line and wings in the league doesn't help. We need to get Hannan and Melksham back into form next season badly

Our midfield is so dumb, from quarter time on its like the pies remember it's us an start holding width again and 21 weeks in we still fall for it

Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
WANTED: Football players for ‘professional’ team.

After a highly successful 2018 season where a mere 66 points separated the Demons from a Grand Final the club is seeking some new recruits in an effort to come close to those dizzying heights in 2020. 2019 has been slightly disappointing but it’s all about the journey, the Melbourne way is to win contested possession, our DNA has taken a hit, we realise that our connection could be better, fugazi need not apply.

Key Selection Criteria
1) Inability to hit the backside of a bus
2) Must kick/handball half volleys to teammates as part of commitment to ‘chaos’ style.
3) Must lose feet in contests.
4) Must always handball to stationary teammates in traffic
5) When getting the ball outside of the maul make sure movement is not forward, not backward but twirling, twirling, always twirling.
6) Must cuddle, not tackle
7) Must jog, not chase
8) Must commit to contested ball by getting in the way of teammates
9) Ability to kick no further than 30 metres with wind assistance.

Two way runners, players with leg speed, good decision makers, effective tacklers, pressure forwards and players who have superior skill level to Nar Nar Goons 3rds need not apply.

Ando727

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 12, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Melbourne
WANTED: Football players for ‘professional’ team.

After a highly successful 2018 season where a mere 66 points separated the Demons from a Grand Final the club is seeking some new recruits in an effort to come close to those dizzying heights in 2020. 2019 has been slightly disappointing but it’s all about the journey, the Melbourne way is to win contested possession, our DNA has taken a hit, we realise that our connection could be better, fugazi need not apply.

Key Selection Criteria
1) Inability to hit the backside of a bus
2) Must kick/handball half volleys to teammates as part of commitment to ‘chaos’ style.
3) Must lose feet in contests.
4) Must always handball to stationary teammates in traffic
5) When getting the ball outside of the maul make sure movement is not forward, not backward but twirling, twirling, always twirling.
6) Must cuddle, not tackle
7) Must jog, not chase
8) Must commit to contested ball by getting in the way of teammates
9) Ability to kick no further than 30 metres with wind assistance.

Two way runners, players with leg speed, good decision makers, effective tacklers, pressure forwards and players who have superior skill level to Nar Nar Goons 3rds need not apply.
Hey, that sounds exactly like me, only I've got a frozen shoulder so I guess I'm out - or am I? :think:

May 3, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Good:
Our ball movement in the first quarter & the first half against Richmond was the best it has been all season. We haven't been getting as many inside 50's but no point breaking records because its useless if you can't capitalise on those entries.

Fritta has looked like a star playing forward. I understand we had lots of injuries to our defenders earlier in the year but the reluctance of Goody to shift him forward when he wasn't even playing that well down in defence shows he is stubborn with his ideas. Sometimes coaches can outsmart themselves. The guy was recruited as a forward & looked dangerous up there last year. Reminds me how they Frost played as a forward for 18 months before they pushed him to where he was recruited to play.
If TMac can regain form next season our forward line seems more dangerous when you combine it with Fritta, Petracca, Melksham & hopefully a small forward from another club.

Trac is having a very good season. If he could nail more shots he would get a lot more attention from the media. Still hasn't played the breakout superstar game but theres nothing wrong with his output ATM. He might go missing occasionallly which is understandable as he is playing up forward in the second last team but he looks more dangerous than ever.

Corey Wagner played his best game showing he is capable at this level. Still has a long way to go but has moved out of 'delist this season' category.

JKH found a bit of space & used the ball well most of the time. Not sure if it saves him being cut at the end of the season but if he can follow it up in the next 2 rounds he might get a reprieve.

Don't think OMac had that good a game but he looked like a different player without the pressure of playing at full back where every mistake almost always cost us a goal. He usually plays very conservatively when in possesion of the ball but was a lot more bold yesterday & hopefully he can gain some more confidence from todays game.

Bad & Fugly:
What can I add that hasn't been said all season?

jhong

Old man yelling at clouds
Apr 18, 2011
Wonthaggi
AFL Club
Melbourne
Seriously there are 4 basic skills to football. Kicking , hand balling, Marking , Tackling . If you can't execute these under pressure it is one thing , but to mess up when under no real pressure like we were doing for most of the game is just mind boggling. Forget the last Quarter , the pies went into cruise mode and the score flattered us. I think our game plan has the players confused , and they are trying to do things that don't come naturally , and it has found out a few players whose skills to execute have been found wanting. It begs the question , just what are they doing at training .

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
That's just an indictment on the rest of the team rather than an edorsement of Corey Wagner. His disposal was horrendous yesterday, nowhere near AFL standard.
He's no worse than Brayshaw or Viney but he atleast works the arcs and gets front and centre

stEdy

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Dissapointingly missed that set shot but was otherwise pretty good. Especially in the first half his tackling and ability to take the tackler/game on was really good. I dont mind C-Wags (Can I start calling him Sehwag?)

newcastlefalcon

Team Captain
Oct 1, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
People think they have it bad. I am a long term Dees supporter - started following them as kid watching Ronald Dale on TV.
I now live in Brisbane and am a member at the Suns.
For this year it has been hard to decide which train wreck to watch - Suns or Dees!
I was against getting May to the Dees because while he does have some skill, at the Suns he was always giving other players a spray while I thought he needed to look in the mirror first.
For the Dees I get that there has been a lot of injuries but it also seems that we have been playing players in different positions to where they went well last year.
Fritsch is probably the best example and I know people will argue it is because of the injuries that he has played back but without Hogan and Weideman, then McDonald going down, Fritsch was probably our best and most creative forward option.
The other question I have is that while some of them have been out injured, have Petracca, Hibberd, Melksham, and Viney been carrying injuries for much of the year when they have been playing?

Jun 23, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Los Angeles Clippers
to be fair it worked, Grundy didn’t have much influence around the ground

But then again neither did Gawn after annihilating Grundy on QB
The strategy doesn't make sense though. Gawn is the best at what he does, even him playing naturally Grundy wouldnt be a massive damaging factor. They scuffed one of our shining lights to "break even" then ignored Sidebottom.

Back