Review Dees v Norf - Good, Bad & Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

7 turnovers for Trac in the GF, voting panel obviously got that one horribly horribly wrong. Not too late to fix it though.

I never realised how bad he was, wow, the voting panel ought to be shot

lol, that's pretty much how it gets taken, hey?
It's basically the end of the world cause some people think he could be better than he is currently.

May and Pickett are the last 2 blokes id criticize on our list yet even id say both have room to improve and aren't near their best yet.

It's basically the end of the world cause some people think he could be better than he is currently.

May and Pickett are the last 2 blokes id criticize on our list yet even id say both have room to improve and aren't near their best yet.

I agree, If you are the Collingwood defence do you want Petracca kicking the ball into the F50, like he currently does. Or do you want someone like Hunter, Spargo, Pickett, Chandler or May ?

He is an amazing player and nobody else in the team can play like that (and very few in the competition). But his F50 entries are horrific but I still want him in the team every week I just prefer him to spend half his time in the forward 50 and allow others to come through the middle.

Last edited:
I agree, If you are the Collingwood defence do you want Petracca kicking the ball into the F50, like he currently does. Or do you want someone like Hunter, Spargo, Pickett, Chandler or May ?

He is an amazing player and nobody else in the team can play like that (and very few in the competition). But his F50 entries are horrific.
Tracs F50s are like Gawns goal kicking, both are just as likely to make you stand up and applaud or stand up and punch a hole threw a wall.

Last edited:
On a related note to Trac's sloppy kicking, did anyone notice how sloppy our handballing was on the weekend? So many times where we were out and the handballer hit horrible floaty mungs of handballs that took the receiver an extra second to stop and gather. Didn't matter against the Kangaroos but if we repeat it against the Gold Coast this week we'll get caught and turn the ball over repeatedly.

I'm always on alert for a flat performance after a big win and I think that general sloppiness is one of the danger signs to watch for.

12.30 Hodgey talking about how you shouldn't be trying to drill passes. Almost like we just had this Convo on the board except it's in relation to a 19 year old JHF, not a 27 year old Trac

So true, even at AFL training you see clubs always doing drills with no defenders standing in the way and everyone just drilling it to the forwards and looking a million bucks even when you know they're not actually good kicks.

Being able to drop it in a hole at the right weight and pace sets the good kicks well and truly apart.

So true, even at AFL training you see clubs always doing drills with no defenders standing in the way and everyone just drilling it to the forwards and looking a million bucks even when you know they're not actually good kicks.

Being able to drop it in a hole at the right weight and pace sets the good kicks well and truly apart.
Heard it at country footy training when I was 15, kick to where the forward is gonna be not where he is

How about we give the overuse of underground handballs a rest too, it just adds more pressure on the player receiving it, they have to stop and wait for the right bounce to gather it. Just hope more players don't start doing it.

How about we give the overuse of underground handballs a rest too, it just adds more pressure on the player receiving it, they have to stop and wait for the right bounce to gather it. Just hope more players don't start doing it.
Noticed it a lot on the wknd. Wonder if Hunter has brought a bit of that into the side? He seems to enjoy a handball along the ground. No issues with it if it's a way of getting around an opponent. But did notice the use of it a fair bit against the Kangas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone should be banned apart from Hunter. The only guy who can do it well.
Agree, although i'd still like to tone down his usage. One per game quota no more, no less. k thx

I like the underground handball, haven't seen it used since someone like Yze I reckon for us. I love that hunter needs to do at least a couple a game
Farmer underground handball to himself vs Freo then the goal

masturbating shake it GIF by Smasher Network

I like the underground handball, haven't seen it used since someone like Yze I reckon for us. I love that hunter needs to do at least a couple a game
More impressive given he averaged 25 touches and only two of them weren't kicks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back